Hidden Secrets

I Couldn't Stay Away

Kyungsoo has never ever been late to work. And right now, it's approximately 8 AM with no sign of Kyungsoo anywhere  around the office. Jongin taps his feet on the ground and bits his fingernails, anxiously as he waits for Kyungsoo near the door. He checks his watch to look at the time and then back to the clock in his office, thinking that the time was wrong in his watch. But its pointless because right now its 8:01 AM on his watch and on the clock on the wall. Meaning that Kyungsoo was late.

 

"Where is he?" Jongin growled, pacing himself back and forth around the door.

 

When Jongin got to work this morning, he was suprised to find that Kyungsoo hadn't arrived yet. Every morning when Jongin entered the office, he would see Kyungsoo working diligently in his desk and the day would proceed from there. However, today was different and he was suprised that Kyungsoo was late. Kyungsoo was never the type of person to arrive late to work and this worried Jongin. Because what if he latter was mad about what had happened yesterday and decided to quit? What if Kyungsoo got into an accident? 

 

"You look retarded."

 

This remark caused Jongin to turn around and furrow his eyes at the small doe-eyed man standing beside the door. When Jongin doesn't respond, Kyungsoo shrugs and makes his way to his desk. Jongin watches as Kyungsoo takes a seat and opens the laptop on his desk. For some reason, Kyungsoo feels strange. Like his being watched. And when he looks up, he meets Jongin's glare. 

 

"What the- I thought you left." Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow. "What do you want?"

 

"Do you know what time it is?" Jongin shouts and Kyungsoo plugs his ears. How does Jongin have such a loud voice early in the morning? "Where the were you?"

 

"Its a long story-"

 

"Then make it short." Jongin replied, crossing his arms with his eyes never leaving the elder. 

 

"I forgot to set an alarm and so I woke up 10 minutes later than my normal time." Kyungsoo explained. "Then when I was on my way to the bus, I had to teach some ing dumb how to use to a subway. The bus was like 10 minutes away from the subway. But then I missed the bus-"

 

"Fine. Your forgiven-"

 

"Forgiven?" Kyungsoo scoffed and crossed his arms. "Shouldn't you be he one asking for my apology? You know because your mom was being a total yesterday and splashed water on my face."

 

"It wasn't my fault. It was my mom's, so i dont need to apologize to you." Jongin responded. Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and Kyungsoo crumbles a piece of paper in his hand, before throwing it at Jongin. "Dont you know anything about global warning? Stop wasting paper!" 

 

"You know what?" Kyungsoo started and Jongin looks at him skeptically. "Before I couldn't really see why someone could hate their mom so much, but now I get it." 

 

"Get what?"

 

"Why you want your freedom and all." Kyungsoo replied. "Just spending half an hour with her made me go crazy. She's so high maintanced and said that I didn't know anything about love when the truth is that I know much more than that crazy old does-"

 

"You can't just call my mom names like that!" Jongin shouts, furiously. This suprises Kyungsoo because what the heck? Was Jongin really covering up for his moms behavior after wanting to get rid of her so badly. It was Jongin's idea to upset his mom by creating this fake relationship after all.

 

"Are you seriously taking her side?" Kyungsoo scoffs. This is unbelievable. "You're the one that started all of this. You know what? I'm done, I'm going home."

 

-

 

"So you're mad that he hasn't said 'I love you' to you yet?" Baekhyun asked, as Luhan took a bit of the piece of the carrot cake he ordered. The two were in Baekhyun's cafe discussing what had happened the night before at the club.

 

Luhan sighed. "I'm not mad nor am I upset. I'm just a little disappointed, we've been going out for a couple of months now and he still hasn't said those words to me."

 

"Give some time-"

 

"Its been 7 months Baek." Luhan interrupted. "I tried to understand why he didn't want to say 'I love you' to me and all but I can't. I thought it was because he wasn't ready to tell me yet, but what if he just doesn't love me? What if I'm just a toy for him?"

 

"That's not true. He obviously cares a lot about you. I mean he practically saved you from that guy at the club-"

 

"I know he cares about me. But does he love me? Caring for someone and loving someone are two completely different things-"

 

"They're practically the same thing." Baekhyun replied. "If Sehun cares about you it means he wants to protect you, which technically means you're a person he cherishes a lot. Don't overthink it, you might make some really bad decisions in the future if you do."

 

Before Luhan could respond, Chanyeol walked into the bakery and came up behind Baekhyun and hugged him. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, before shoving him away. "Can't you see I'm busy? What do you want?"

 

Chanyeol pouted but he doesn't take Baekhyun's words too seriously because he knows that pregnant people are very moody. So instead he grabbed a chair and sat next to his boyfriend. He blinked innocently when he finally noticed that Baekhyun was with someone. The stranger smiled causing Chanyeol to smile back.

 

"Hi, you must be Chanyeol." Luhan greeted and extended his hand towards Chanyeol. Chanyeol took the hand and shook it. "I'm Luhan. Baekhyun's told me a lot about you."

 

Chanyeol blushed and looked at his boyfriend with a smug grin on his face. Because Baekhyun actually talked about him. His boyfriend actually talked about him to one of his friends. He knows he's overreacting but he doesn't care. The fact that Baekhyun talked about him to other people, proves that Baekhyun was fond of Chanyeol. 

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "I called you a bastard and an . I wouldn't get too excited if I were you."

 

With that, Chanyeol pouted his lips causing Luhan to laugh. "Well I'd love to stay and chat but I have to get back to the boutique." 

 

"He's really pretty." Chanyeol admired in awe, as he watched Luhan exit the cafe. But when he saw Baekhyun raising and eyebrow at him and scoffing, he immediately wanted to take back his words. "What I mean is that-"

 

"Whatever. I dont care."

 

"Luhan's pretty but you're beautiful." Chanyeol announced looking sincerely into Baekhyun's eyes. 

 

Baekhyun blushed and looked away. He had to admit there were alittle butterflies in his stomach. "What are you doing here? Do you need anything?"

 

"Nope." Chanyeol replied and put his arm around Baekhyun's shoulder. "Just wanted to see you and check up on the baby. Have you eaten yet?"

 

Baekhyun shook his head. "No, its been a busy day here so I only are a muffin for lunch-"

 

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. "You can't just eat a muffin for lunch, thats unhealthy for the you and the baby! What if you get ill?"

 

"I'm not going to get ill." Baekhyun replied. "I've only been sick twice in my whole life-"

 

"Well I'm not busy do you want to have lunch right now?" Chanyeol asked. "There's a really good pizza place down the street."

 

"Sure." Baekhyun replied and stood up. "Let me just tell the workers and get my stuff."

 

 Chanyeol nodded his head, as he watched Baekhyun make his way into the kitchen. Chanyeol felt amazing. He was finally going to have a date with Baekhyun. Their first and official date as a couple. He smiled and suddenly felt a vibration in his pockets. He took out his phone and noticed he had a new text message.

 

Did you forget you were meeting my parents today? 

Were here at the resteraunt already. 

- Lay

 

As Chanyeol read the message, he facepalmed his self and sighed. He had.completely forgotten that he was meeting Lays parents today. His dad kept reminding him all day to make a good impression and he couldn't believe he forgot. When he saw Baekhyun returning to the table, he closed his phone and placed it back into his pockets.

 

"I told them that I'm going to be out-"

 

"Actually Baek." Chanyeol started, looking down on the floor. "I forgot that I had a meeting today. So I can't go to lunch with you. I'm sorry-"

 

"Its okay." Baekhyun replied. "I know your busy and all so its fine."

 

"You're the best." Chanyeol replied, giving Baekhyun a kiss on his lips. This suprised the latter, because Baekhyun was still getting used to Chanyeol kissing him whenever he wanted. "Make sure to eat lunch, okay? I promise to take you out next time."

 

-

 

When Kyungsoo reached his apartment, it was almost 10 AM. He got out of his work clothes and put on a pair of baggy sweats and a pull over sweatshirt. He laid down on his bed in a comfortable position and was planning on taking a nap, when a sudden knock on his door woke him up. He groaned and got out of bed. 

 

When he opened the door, he was greeted with Jongin's face. Before, Kyungsoo could slam the door on his face, however, Jongin enters the apartment and makes his way into the kitchen. Kyungsoo scoffs in disbelief when he watches Jongin grab an apple and eat it, before sitting down on an empty chair.

 

"Sit down. Let's talk-"

 

"No." Kyungsoo replied and Jongin sighs. "Let's just end this. Whatever this relation was to begin with. I'll quit and everything could go back to normal-"

 

"Normal?" Jongin smirks and Kyungsoo just wants to wipe of the smirk on his face. It was ing annoying especially at a time like this. "Kyungsoo, if my mom found out that we broke up or more importantly that you broke up with me, there's no doubt in my mind that you will never find a job again. She has ways-"

 

"Then I'll work in my friend's cafe. It's my dream to work as a chef anyways-"

 

"Even if you do, you wont get paid as much as you need to support your family." Jongin replied and Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow. "You're the only one in your family to finish college and get a real working job. You have an older brother in the military and a mother, who is severely ill, in the hospital-"

 

"Are you a ing stalker? What the hell-"

 

Jongin scoffs. "I'm you're boss. I know everything about you. Besides it says so in your resume. Anyways that's not my point, my point is that you need this job. It pays well and you have a handsome boss. That you can call your boyfriend."

 

When Jongin sees a hesitation in Kyungsoo's face, Jongin smirks knowing that Kyungsoo was slowly agreeing to return back to work. "Besides dont you want to get back at my mom? The way she treated you wasn't right. I'm not going to be taking sides but if you continue to work for me you could get your revenge."

 

"Show her who Do Kyungsoo really is." Jongin suggests. 

 

"Fine."

 

-

 

"They really liked you." Lay smiled, as Chanyeol drove Lay back to his apartment. It was now 8 PM and introducing himself to Lays parents was a success, despite the fact that he was late for half an hour. Both of Lay's parents were very fond of him and invited him to their house if Chanyeol ever visited China.

 

"Thats good." Chanyeol replied, shortly and kept his eyes on the rode. 

 

"Chanyeol, I think that I really like you." Lay announced causing Chanyeol to look at him in disbelief. "I want to get married to you and start a family with you."

 

When Chanyeol finally arrived at Lay's apartment, he parked the car and looked at him with a serious look on his face. "Lay, I-"

 

"I know. Youre in love with someone else. But at least let me try and win your heart. And maybe, just maybe you'll fall for me too."

 

"Thanks for tonight." Lay smiled and gave Chanyeol a peck on his cheek, before opening the car door and made his way into the building. 

 

Chanyeol watched as Lay left and stared at the building un movingly. He couldn't believe that Lay wanted to get married. What happened to their deal? He cursed himself for making Lay like him because now he felt horrible. Lay was an amazing guy, but Chanyeol doesn't like him nor does he want to get married to him. The only person he wants to get married to right now is the guy carrying his baby. 

 

How was he going to explain this to Baekhyun?

 


A/N: And then the drama slowly makes its way into the story. Baekhyun's pregnant with Chanyeol's baby, while Chanyeol's has an arranged marriage with Lay. Kyungsoo and Mrs. Kim dont get along while Jongin's there not knowing who to side with. And then there's Luhan who's starting to doubt his relationship with Sehun. Sigh.