Complications

I Couldn't Stay Away

Baekhyun was never one to cry. He didn't even cry when he almost broke his arm from falling off a cliff, while hiking. And when he suddenly started crying on the phone, Kyungsoo became nervous. Very nervous. Because what if something worst then falling off a cliff had happened to him?

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo met on their second year of highschool. Actually the two disliked one another because Luhan began dating on of Baekhyun's ex-boyfriend's. And since Kyungsoo was Luhan's bestfriend, it meant that he was also an enemy in Baekhyun's eyes. However, after getting paired up together during chemistry class to do a project together, they eventually started to like one another and became best friends. The same goes for Luhan.

 

When Kyungsoo finally arrives at Baekhyun's apartment, he quickly checks to see if the latter was okay. "What happened? Why are you crying-"

 

"Kyungsoo." Baekhyun sniffs, holding out his pinky finger. "Promise not to get mad at me."

 

Kyungsoo hesitantly extends his pinky finger and wraps it around Baekhyun's. He was skeptical at first, but he just wanted to find out the reason why his best friend had been crying. "Promise."

 

"I'm pregnant." Baekhyun announces, causing Kyungsoo to become speechless, as his mind draws a blank. Kyungsoo stays like this for a couple of seconds, making sure that Baekhyun wasn't fooling around with him. Because if he was, Kyungsoo would immediately murder him. Even if Baekhyun was his best friend.

 

But once Kyungsoo figures that Baekhyun was serious, he gasps and his expression darkens.

 

"What do you mean you're pregnant?" Kyungsoo shouts, in disbelief. He had rushed to Baekhyun's house after the call, thinking that the latter was either sick or terribly hurt. But he didn't expect Baekhyun out of all people to be pregnant.

 

"If your lying, I swear I'm going to ing kill you."

 

Baekhyun shakes his head and covers his face with the palms of his hands, before breaking into yet another sob. He had been crying the whole day since he took a pregnancy test and found out that he was pregnant. Before he took the test, Baekhyun had thought that his gain weight and nausea were because he had just returned from overseas and just caught a flu. But Baekhyun never expected to be pregnant. 

 

Kyungsoo sighs, before placing a comforting hand on top of Baekhyun's shoulder. It was the only way that Kyungsoo could think of to comfort him. Kyungsoo rubs Baekhyun's shoulder carefully, as the Baekhyun continues to weep. "It's okay."

 

"It's not okay!" Baekhyun snaps, standing up from the couch to face Kyungsoo. "I'm an idiot. I shouldn't even have had with that bastard. Now I'm ing pregnant and hormonal. How could I possibly be okay with that?"

 

But Baekhyun was quick to apologize when he sees Kyungsoo flinch because of his actions. Pouting, Baekhyun immediately sits back down, before enveloping the latter into a hug. "I'm sorry. I'm just really stressed out right now and I shouldn't have taken it out on you. You're just trying to help."

 

"It's fine." Kyungsoo replies, patting Baekhyun's back. "You can get through this. You have Luhan and I to help support you."

 

Baekhyun could only thank Kyungsoo in between sobs. Baekhyun's weeping had gotten better considering the fact that when Kyungsoo first arrived, he had already heard Baekhyuns cries from outside the apartment. Now, the sobs have slowly become softer and Kyungsoo could tell Baekhyun was going to be alright. At least of right now.

 

-

 

After comforting Baekhyun and putting him to sleep, Kyungsoo decides that it was best to return back to work. He just hopes that Jongin still wasn't back yet to avoid any yelling and shouting. Kyungsoo knew Jongin was going to yell at him and corner him with unwanted questions if Jongin had arrived faster than Kyungsoo. But, by the time he arrives at the office, it was already 5 PM indicating that Kyungsoo had spent 2 hours at Baekhyun's apartment.

 

"Where were you?" Jongin shouts as he furrows his eyebrows when he sees Kyungsoo walking past him to get to his desk. Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, completely ignoring Jongin's presence. Which only a made Jongin more upset. "Who told you you could leave? You were supposed to stay here and finish working-"

 

"Can you please shut the up?" Kyungsoo snaps. "Who was the one who left and piled all their stuff on me? I dont even know how to speak English, French, or Chinese and you expected me to get work down? Stop ting me." 

 

"What the is your problem?" Jongin shouts, furrowing his eyebrows in anger. "You know what fine. Let's make a new rule. Let's not talk to one another unless my mom is here. Because I'm sick of your bull."

 

"Fine with me." 

 

Jongin rolls his eyes, before he walks to his office and slams the doors shut. He had taken the leftover food he was going to give to Kyungsoo because Jongin figured that when he came back Kyungsoo would probably be starving so being the Good Samaritan that Jongin was, he ordered take-out to give to him. But now Kyungsoo could forget about it. Because Jongin was beyond pissed.

 

He slumps back into his chair and slamms his balled fist into his desk. "."

 

-

 

"So how's that annoying, hot boyfriend of yours?" Tao asks, as he takes a sip of his drink. A classic milk tea with extra honey boba. After finals week the two decided to go to their favorite boba shop to celebrate. They had been studying day and night for their exams and since they were finally over, they were delighted.

 

"Luhan?" Sehun smirks, causing Tao to nod his head. "He's just a way for me to waste time. Plus he's rich so he buys me whatever I need. It's a good thing he's hot or else I would've broken up with him a long time ago."

 

Tao lets out a laugh. "You're an ."

 

"And so are you. You're only dating Kris because he's rich. By the way, is still in China?" 

 

Tao pouts. "Its so boring without him. But he promised to return on graduation day. If he cancels on me I swear I'm going to kill him. That's the difference between your relationship and mine, I actually love Kris."

 

A sudden phone call interrupts the conversation. Sehun retrieves his phone from his pockets and reads the caller ID -Luhan, it read. Sehun shrugs, Luhan was probably calling to check up on him and ask about his exams. "Hello?"

 

"Sehun!" Luhan coos. "Are you busy right now? Do you want to hang out?"

 

"Sure. I'm not busy right now." Sehun replies, finishing the last of his drink.  "I'll meet you at your place then."

 

"Dude your leaving right now?" Tao scoffs, watching as his bestfriend stands up and gathers his belongings. "I thought we were going to go clubbing after this? I can't believe you're ditching me. Again!"

 

"Not today, I'm busy." Sehun replies, as he puts on his backpack. After saying his final goodbyes to Tao and then hearing Tao whine about how unfair Sehun was being, Sehun finally left the cafe and headed to Luhan's apartment.

 

-

 

It had probably taken Sehun at least 25 minutes to get to Luhan's apartment because Luhan lived very near his college. Because of this, Sehun would often hang out with him while he was on break or when he had a free period.

 

In fact, their first encounter was early in the morning when Sehun was rushing to get to school because he had overslept and accidentally bumped into someone. The stranger looked up and quickly apologized. He explained that he had just moved in and Sehun offered the stranger help if he needed, to which the stranger declined the offer. But Sehun helped anyways. He purposely missed school that day just to get to know more about the male. So saying that he was just dating Luhan to waste time was most likely a lie. 

 

"How'd your finals go?" Luhan asks after a quick dinner. He had cooked Sehun's favorite dish today. Spaghetti with parmasian chicken, to which Sehun devoured. Luhan had always been a great cook. This was probably one of the reasons why he didn't have the heart to break up with him. Because no one else could cook spaghetti with parmasian chicken as good as Luhan. 

 

"It was good. For the most part, I think I passed." Sehun replies, walking towards the latter to hug him from behind. He places his head on the crook of Luhan's shoulder, before swaying both of their body's. "How about you? How was your day?" 

 

"Fine. I guess." Luhan sighs. "It's just I feel really bad for Baekhyun."

 

"Why? Because he's pregnant?" Sehun questions and Luhan simply nods his head. "You shouldn't feel bad. It's not like you had anything to do with it. Plus, he's lucky to have a friend like you to be supporting him through this." 

 

Upon hearing what Sehun had said Luhan turns to face his boyfriend and gives Sehun a soft peck on his lips, catching the latter off guard.  "I love you. I know your not ready to say it back yet but I love you."

 

Sehun had always been a coward with his feelings and accepting them. It's not that he didn't love Luhan. Because he did and unlike what he told Tao at the cafe, Sehun truely cared about him. He just didnt love him as much as Luhan loved him.

 

At least not yet. 

 

-

 

Parks Cooperation used to be one of the largest financial services in the nation. However because of the amount of competition that arrived during the past couple of years, Parks Cooperation was on the verge of bankruptcy. Because of this, Chanyeol worked hard to run the company while his father was severely ill.

 

"Are you busy?" Chanyeol's father asks, as he enters Chanyeol's office. When Chanyeol shakes his head, his father takes a seat on one of the couches. "I've been meaning to talk to about something to you."

 

Chanyeol was suprised. Suprised because this was the first time his father had ever came into his office and suprised because his dad had actually wanted to have a conversation with him. Because the last time he checked, his father hated him. "What is it?"

 

"You know that I'm very ill, right?" His dad sighs, letting out a cough. Chanyeol simply nods his head. "I want- No, I need you to do me a favor son."

 

"Depends. What kind of favor?"

 

"I need you to agree on an arranged marriage." His father blurts out, causing Chanyeol to shake his head in refusal. But, this situation didn't shock Chanyeol. He had heard his parents talking about it one day when went to visit for the weekends. Chanyeol knew that this day was bound to happen but he still refuses to marry. "Son, the company's failing. We've already asked the bank for loans but it's not going to cover everything."

 

"No. I can ask Jongin-"

 

"Don't." His father warns. "Even if you ask Jongin for help, we'll still have to pay him back eventually. And we're not even sure if we can pay him back."

 

Chanyeol couldn't belive it. No, he didn't want to believe it. All his life he strive not to become like his parents. The type of people that only married because of an arranged marriage that could bring large wealth into the family. He thought that the idea of an arranged marriage wasn't love. It was greed. He didn't want greed, he wanted love. The same love that he felt when he was in Japan. Chanyeol's priority wasn't marriage. In fact, he had never thought about until today. Because his main priority right now was to find the guy he fell in love with in Japan. And he was determined to find him.

 

He coulnd't accept this arranged marriage.

 


A/N: Uh oh. Kaisoo's first fight. Well actually they've been fighting and arguing in all the chapters so far, but I guess this is their first official fight. Right? Anyways, Sehun has to get his feelings cleared up. Does he or does he not love Luhan? Because it seems that right now, he's confused. Moving on to the Chanyeol. I applaud him for such dedication. Even though his company's falling apart, he still won't agree to be in an arranged marriage, in hopes of finding the guy from Japan.