Money Is Everything

I Couldn't Stay Away

The day starts off as usual with a cup of coffee in his hands. As Sehun enters the Wu Entertainment building, he cheerifully greets the staff with a bright smile on his face, before he heads to his dressing room. Turning the knob, Sehun's lips curve into a smile when he sees his boyfriend casually organizing his clothes for him. When Luhan looks up, however, he dismisses the look on Sehun's face and talks with a calm voice. 

 

 

"Your manager told me you had an appearance today." Luhan says, turning his back, as he searches through the pile of clothes. "What do you want to wear? I was thinking maybe a formal button-up shirt-"

 

 

A sudden touch around his waist, causes Luhan to turn a light shade of pink. "What... what are you doing?"

 

 

"Hugging my boyfriend." Sehun replies, placing his chin on the top of Luhan's right shoulder, as he grips him even tighter. 

 

 

"Not here." Luhan replies, shaking Sehun off. "We're in public."

 

 

Sehun lets out a smirk, as he pushes Luhan against the wall and leans in closer. "There's no one here. We have the whole room to ourselves." 

 

 

"You're unbelievable." Luhan giggles when Sehun places a quick peck on his lips. "Don't do things like that in public. What if other staff members walk in on us? Imagine what they would say."

 

 

"They would say, 'Wow Luhan-shi is so lucky because his boyfriend's so handsome.' I think that's what they would say." Sehun replies, following Luhan, as he makes his way towards the make-up station. Sehun takes a seat on one of the empty chairs, before Luhan suddenly begins to apply powder on his face.

 

 

"What are you doing after work today?" Sehun questions, closing his eyes to that the powder doesn't get on them. "You want to go to the-" 

 

 

"I'm visiting a friend." Luhan replies when he finishes applying the powder. 

 

 

Raising an eyebrow, Sehun pouts. "But then that means we won't be able to see each other this whole week. My schedule's all packed... Besides who's so important that you can't just-"

 

 

"Relax. I'll be quick and when I'm done I'll just rush over to your place." Luhan replies, handing Sehun his clothes. "I'm just really worried about Baekhyun."

 

 

"Baek?" Sehun repeats, buttoning his shirt. 

 

 

Nodding, Luhan grabs Sehun's clothes on the floor and places them on top of the table. Maybe the saying, old habits don't die was true after all. Because up to this day, Sehun was still the same messy person as he was in the past. "He got into a car accident and I found out  yesterday but I didn't have a chance to visit him so I figured that I would go today."

 

 

"Was he injured?"

 

 

"I heard he's fine. The surgery went well." Luhan replies, helping Sehun with his tie. 

 

 

"Then there's no need to be so sad over it, right?" Sehun replies, pinching Luhan's cheeks as an attempt to make him smile, but fails. "Come on, I bet Baekhyun's fine. You said so yourself that the surgery went fine so there's no need to worry. He'll be fine-"

 

 

Sighing, Luhan takes a seat on the couch. "Yeah but you're missing the point. During the surgery, Baek lost the baby. I know he'll get over it eventually but he's not the type of person to get over things quickly. He's really sensitive and I don't want him to become depressed over it."

 

 

Sehun's face turns grim. "He's not going to become depressed. It may take some time, but Baekhyun will get over it eventually. As far as I remember Baek was strong. He'll get through it. By the way, do you think I could go with you? I haven't seen him in a while and haven't kept in contact ever since we broke up."

 

 

Nodding, Luhan smiles slightly. "Of course. Now hurry up and get dressed! If you're even just a second late, your managers going to yell at me. Even worst, he might even kill me. I promised him to get you ready on time."

 

 

"Relax. It's fine." Sehun replies, holding Luhan's shoulders with a determined look on his face. "I'll protect you."

 

-

 

Chanyeol's hands reaches for an old, dusty picture frame besides his bedside table -it was an old picture of Baekhyun and him happily holding an ultrasound picture of their unborn baby during their first ultrasound together. He runs his hands through the frame, gently caressing it as if it was something precious and dear to him. Then he breaks down into a sob when he realizes the reality of it all. Baekhyun should be there with him right now. But he wasn't.

 

 

To make matters worst, they had also just lost their baby.
 

 

Covering his watery eyes with his palms, Chanyeol's knees begin to grow weak and he falls to the ground of the quiet, dark apartment floor that he and Baekhyun used to share. Wiping his last remaining tears, Chanyeol uses his remaining strength to force himself up and grab the backpack that was on top of the couch. He slings the backpack over his shoulders, before he puts on a pair of sneakers and turns the knob of the dark apartment door that used to once be filled with life. Once he steps outside, he is greeted by the sun's rays and makes his way into his car. He makes a quick stop at a nearby flower shop to pick up a bouquet of flowers and then gets into his car again to head straight to the hospital.



With the flowers in his hands and backpack slung over his shoulders, Chanyeol steps into the hospital, with an uneasy feeling. He checks the time and wonders if Baekhyun was still asleep. Chanyeol couldn't sleep last night because of the accident but went home during the morning to grab a fresh pair of new clothes for Baekhyun. Chanyeol is then greeted by a couple of nurses and doctors, before he makes his way into Room 132. He quickly turns the knob and walks inside, creating a sound that causes the patient to stir in his sleep but still doesn't wake the patient up from his deep slumber.


Carefully, Chanyeol approaches the table beside the hospital bed and places the flowers that he had just brought with him which adds more color to the white, dull hospital room. He then places the backpack below the table, before he takes a seat besides Baekhyun, who was still very much asleep. Chanyeol was informed that the surgery had went well but Baekhyun was still in an unstable state and should rest for a while so the doctor had recommended Chanyeol to let Baekhyun stay a couple more nights before Baekhyun got released. 

 

 

Gently taking Baekhyun's hand, Chanyeol places a soft kiss on top of it, causing Baekhyun to slowly open his eyes, as he woke up. "Yeol?"

 

 

Smiling, Chanyeol feels glad after hearing Baekhyun's voice. He watches as Baekhyun begins to sit upright and scratches his head in pain. Suddenly, Baekhyun turns to Chanyeol with a frown on his face. "Where are we? I just remember that we were fighting and after that I saw a flash of light coming near me-"

 

 

"You just had surgery, you shouldn't move so much-"

 

 

"Surgery?"

 

 

"The doctor said the surgery went fine. You should be released soon-"

 

 

Baekhyun raises an eyebrow, feeling somewhat wary. Being wary for Baekhyun always meant something bad. He looks down at his stomach and notices something unusual that causes him to weep. Baekhyun already knew, but wanted to ask just for clearity. "What about the baby?"

 

 

"The baby didn't make it." Chanyeol chokes, lowering his head, as Baekhyun breaks down and cries even harder. Pulling Baekhun into his embrace, Chanyeol tightly caresses the back of Baekhyun's head. "I'm so sorry, Baek. I'm sorry for everything. The doctor's tried-"

 

 

"Well they didn't try hard enough!" Baekhyun replies, bitter about the situation. Baekhyun didn't want to believe it. He couldn't believe it. Sure, in the past Baekhyun was still skeptical whether or not he wanted to raise a child of his own but during his pregnancy Baekhyun grew to love the bump on his stomach. And now that the baby was gone, Baekhyun felt his whole world shatter. "Why did they have to take the baby? Why didn't they also take me-"

 

 

"Don't say that." Chanyeol replies, cupping Baekhyun's cheeks. "I can't bear to lose the both of you at the same time."

 

 

"That baby... was the only thing linking me to you, but now it's... it's gone." Baekhyun sniffs, as he wipes his tears before turning his attention to Chanyeol, who looked affected by what he just said. "I'm not going to pretend that nothing ever happened. You still lied to me and I'm still upset because of it."

 

 

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol replies, moving closer towards the latter. "I messed up but I want to fix this. More importantly I want to fix us. Just please give me the chance to. Even though we lost the baby it doesn't mean that I lost my feelings for you. I still love you, Baek."

 

 

Standing up, Chanyeol approaches Baekhyun and pulls him into a warm embrace. Too weak to push him away, Baekhyun chooses to instead soak Chanyeol's shirt with his tears. The two stay like this for a couple of minutes with Chanyeol continiously patting the back of Baekhyun's head to comfort him and Baekhyun just continuously sobbing about the lost of their baby. A couple of minutes later when Baekhyun is able to compose himself, he pulls away with a serious look on his face.

 

 

"I want to go home." 

 

 

Standing up, Chanyeol reaches for Baekhyun's hand. "Okay then let's go. I'll pack your things-"

 

 

"I don't want to go to your apartment, Chanyeol. I want to go home. My home." Baekhyun replies, turning his body to face the opposite direction, as he lays down on the hospital bed. "I don't want to see you anymore. Please leave-"

 

 

"I'm not leaving! Not without you." Chanyeol raises his voice, as he ruffles his hair in frustration. "I know I lied to you, but you're making it sound like I was never true to my feelings when I said that I loved you-"

 

 

Baekhyun curls himself up into a ball. "I don't want to talk about this right now-"

 

 

"Then when? When will you finally be able to talk?" Chanyeol retorts. "If what you're saying is that we need time apart from one another then how much time do you need? A month? 2 months? Tell me and I'll wait-"

 

 

"I'm not asking you to wait. I'm asking you to leave." 

 

 

"And I told you that I won't. Not unless you come with me." Chanyeol replies, crossing his arms with a determined look on his face. "If you want me to leave so badly then come home. I'd be crazy to take you back to your place. After getting into an accident? Hell no! Besides, you're not in the right mind to be left alone right now. I don't want anything happening to you-"

 

 

"Chanyeol, don't you get it?" Baekhyun shouts out, as he sits upright on the hospital bed. "You're free to go now. I'm letting you go. The ing baby's gone so you don't need to pretend that you actually care about me anymore. Go back to your ing fiance. Because I don't-"

 

 

"Why are you being so ing stubborn? Yes, I lied to you about my engagement, but my feelings for you were real." Chanyeol replies, furrowing his eyebrows. "If you think that all this time, I was just pretending to care about you just because you were carrying my child then you're ing wrong. I thought I made that clear a long time ago-"

 

 

"I'm just... I-" Baekhyun hiccups, as tears continue to flow. "This was a mistake. I was dumb to actually believe that we could happen... that we actually had a chance. Because let's face, we're two completely different people. I'm an and sometimes nag too much when I'm angry. You'll get bored of me-"

 

 

"I'll never get tired of you." 

 

 

"My family's not rich. Heck, I'm barely even able to make a living on my own." Baekhyun continues. 

 

 

"I don't care about money."

 

 

"But you're parents do." Baekhyun replies, running his hands through his hair. "...or else they wouldn't have set this engagement up with Lay. I understand that you lied because you were afraid of losing me but has it ever occured to you, what might have happened when you and Lay eventually did get married? Would you still be with me? Or abandon me completely?"

 

 

"I...I-" 

 

 

"Your family needs you." Baekhyun replies, letting out a sigh. Why did love have to be so difficult? "As much as you don't want to believe it, you care about your family more than you think. You'd want to kill yourself if you see the company that your father spent so long to become successful fail and in the end go bankrupt because you choose me instead of Lay in the end."

 

 

"If I choose Lay, then what's going to happen to you?" 

 

 

"Don't worry about me." Baekhyun reassures. "I've been through car accidents that hurt more than this. I'm fine."

 

 

Furrowing his eyebrows, Chanyeol puts on a worried look on his face. "I'm not talking about the accident. I'm talking about you. Are you really going to be okay without me? I can't live without you, Baek. What about you? If you tell me to stay right now, then I will."

 

 

Silence.

 

 

"Did I really mean that little to you?" Chanyeol questions, breaking the silence. "Did you think that I was someone that would be easy to forget when we seperate-"

 

 

"I can try." Baekhyun replies, lowering his gaze. "Besides breaking up is a part of life. Everyone goes through it whether they like it or not. I'm not saying that I'll be able to completely erase you out of my life, but I can try and you should too-"

 

 

"Baek..."

 

 

"Chanyeol, I can't do anything for you. But Lay... he can." Baekhyun chokes, smiling slightly, as he caresses Chanyeol's face. Baekhyun bites his tongue to stop the tears from escaping his eyes and touches Chanyeol's face which seemed to be the last. As much as he was willing to give up on Chanyeol, Bakehyun didn't have the heart to let go. His words were saying one thing, but his body was saying another. "I lo-"

 

 

"Baekhyun-shi, it's time for your medicine." A nurse interrupts, as she enters the room. She gives Chanyeol a quick glance and then at the clock, before she speaks. "I'm sorry but visiting hours are now over... Please come back later."

 

 

Don't go. Baekhyun had wanted to say, but nothing came out. Instead, Baekhyun watches Chanyeol make his way towards the door. Waving his hands, Baekhyun puts on a half-hearted smile. "Goodbye, Yeol." 

 

 

Chanyeol didn't want to leave. He couldn't leave. There was still so much he had wanted to say. So much that he wanted to do. He couldn't leave knowing that this might be the end of their relationship. But Baekhyun then again was right. Chanyeol had an obligation to his parents and the company that he would one day inherit from his father. And that was to do whatever it takes to save the company from failing. Vven if that meant having to marry Lay and breaking up with the love of his life, Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

"Goodbye, Baek."

 

-

 

"Excuse me." Luhan starts, as he tries to get a nurse's attention as an attempt to get directions. "I'm looking for Byun Baekhyun's room. Do you perhaps know that number?"

 

 

The nurse checks her clipboard, before she turns her attention on Luhan. "He's in Room 132. The patient might still be sleeping so be careful when you enter."

 

 

"Thank you." Luhan replies, before he makes his way towards the room.

 

 

Luhan immediately reaches out for his phone and sends Sehun a quick message telling him to go to Room 132 in a couple of minutes. The reason for this was to get rid of any suspicions that might be created if the Luhan and Sehun walked inside the hospital together. Since, Sehun's shoot had ended a couple minutes earlier than the two had expecting, it meant that they would be able to spend a couple of more minutes together.

 

 

"Tell me again why I'm wearing this." Sehun whispers secretly, as he approaches Luhan. 

 

 

"Woah. I almost didn't recognize you." Luhan says in awe, as he takes another quick glance at Sehun.

 

 

To get rid of his celebrity aoura, Luhan had suggested Sehun to wear a black mask and hat. To Luhan it was a good idea, but Sehun thought that he just looked flat out stupid. In fact, Sehun thought that he looked like a robber. Why the would there be a robber in a hospital? Shaking his head, Sehun begins to remove the mask that covered his mouth, only to get stopped by Luhan's hand.

 

 

"Was this really nesscary?" Sehun sighs, following Luhan's command and keeping the mask on. "I bet no one would've noticed me anyways. The hospital's filled with old people and honestly old people don't even watch my shows-"

 

 

"Don't call them old. Be respectful. Call them elders." Luhan hisses, as he passes door after door in search of Room 132.  Luhan turns to Sehun with a smile in success when he is finds the location. "Found it!"

 

 

Carefully, Luhan turns the knob and quietly enters the room jut like the nurse had suggested. Sehun follows closely behind Luhan and shuts the door when he enters. When Luhan sees Baekhyun curled up inside of his blanket, he turns to face Sehun with a hesistant look on his face. "Should we wake him? What if he's tied-"

 

 

"Lu?" Baekhyun suddenly speaks, before he begins to sit upright on top of the hospital bed. Baekhyun raises his eyebrows when he comes across Sehun's figure, who just awkwardly smiles at him. "Seen when did you two start hanging out?"

 

 

"Uhmm... You see Baek, we're dating again." Luhan says, turning to Sehun who nods in response. "I brought him with because he wanted to see you-"

 

 

"I haven't seen you since you became a celebrity." Baekhyun states, turning to Sehun. "You're all over the nation now. In fact, you're the first thing I see in the morning. Whether on the television or that huge billboard of your face outside my window."

 

 

Rubbing the back of his head, Sehun begins to feel embarrassed. "I'm not that famous, Baek. Anyways, I'll go to the cafeteria to get us some food."

 

 

Luhan watches, as Sehun exits the room, leaving him alone with Baekhyun. With a worried look, Luhan sits down ontop of the bed. "I really wanted to tell Kyungsoo but he was still in Hawaii but are you okay? I was really worried-"

 

 

Smiling slightly, Baekhyun nods weakly. "I'm fine."

 

 

"Baek-"

 

 

"It just hurts..." Baekhyun confesses, choking a bit on his own tears. "...alot."

 

 

"The surgery?" Luhan questions, as he pulls Baekhyun into his embrace.

 

 

Since highschool, Luhan had only seen Baekhyun cry when Baekhyun was emotionally hurting. Baekhyun was strong enough to endure pain so when he cried it meant that there was something going on emotionally in his life -whether it be from his parents or sometimes even from too much stress. But when Baekhyun did cry, Luhan felt that he had an obligation as his friend to cheer him up. But this time was the first time, Luhan had ever seen Baekhyun brawl his eyes out. From the looks of it, Baekhyun was in a great deal of pain, but Luhan was unable to do anything. How could he do anything when Baekhyun had just lost his baby? What was Luhan supposed to say to that? Was he supposed to say that it's okay? When in reality it's not? Instead Luhan opts to give  Baekhyun a hug, hoping that it would at least help comfort the latter one way or another.

 

 

" No, everything. Everything hurts."  


A/N: Sorry, for another sad chapter. I just had to get Baekyeol out of the way, before I start writing something else. Honestly, the following chapters aren't going to be so happy... but on another note, the story's almost over. Just a couple more drama and then it's over. It's funny because I actually wrote some of the final chapters when I was still working on chapter 12 or something. 

 

Anyways, this story's reached 1000+ subscribers? What?! Here's a few gifs in celebration: