Shattered Glass

I Couldn't Stay Away

Sudden knocking causes Luhan to get up from the couch, as he walks towards the door to unlock it. Hesistantly, Luhan bites his bottom lip deciding whether it would be a better idea if Sehun opens the door instead -considering the fact that it was Sehun's apartment now. But Sehun was taking a bath so maybe Luhan should answer it... Nodding to himself, Luhan unlocks the door before he greets the visator.

 

"Luhan?" Tao tilts his head confusidly, but nevertheless smiles, as he enters the apartment. "What happened to Sehun? Were you here the whole night?"

 

Luhan fumbles with his fingers. "Actually about that-"

 

"What are you doing here?" Sehun interrupts, as he walks into the living room with only a towel wrapped around his waist. "Didn't I tell you to stop coming here?"

 

Scoffing, Tao takes a seat on the couch. "This is what I get for worrying about my bestfriend? You should be thankful. I took care of you last night-"

 

"You took care of me?" Sehun scoffs, as he points an accusing finger at Tao. "You're funny. You dropped my off with Luhan while you probably had a hot night with your boyfriend-"

 

Tao lets out a laugh. "How'd you know? Anyways, I didn't expect Luhan to still be here and all. Perhaps did something happen between the two of you-"

 

"You didn't tell him yet?"

 

"Why would I tell him... he's your responsiblity. You guys are best friends." Luhan mutters. 

 

Sehun turns to Tao with a serious look on his face. "Me and Luhan are dating again so if you could just keep that on the down low. I would appreciate it."

 

"Have you told anyone yet?" Tao questions. 

 

"I'm telling you now, aren't I?"

 

Tao smiles, feeling proud of himself. "So I'm the only one so far? Are you going to tell the press. It's pretty hard now a days for actors to expose their relationships-"

 

"Relax. We're not going to expose it." Sehun sighs. "We're dating secretly."

 

Smirking, Tao leans his head back against the couch. "Oh so you guys are one of those couples?" 

 

Luhan raises an eyebrow. "Eh?"

 

"The adventurous type." Tao winks. "Be careful and don't get caught. If you know what I mean."

 

-

Jongin paces back and forth, as he anxiously waits for Kyungsoo's arrival. It had already been close to an hour since Kyungsoo had disappeared on him and it worried Jongin to death. Jongin tried calling him, but in turns out that Kyungsoo didn't bring his phone along with him further adding to Jongin's worried state. Besides Kyungsoo was never really good in foreign languages so what if he got kidnapped by some crazy lunatic? Shaking his head, Jongin plops himself down on the couch. Just a couple of minutes. He'll be back.  

 

Ruffling his hair, Jongin darts towards the door. "That son of a-" 

 

Honestly, Jongin didn't know where to look. Hawaii was a large state. But, it's not like Kyungsoo could have gone farther than 10 miles away from the hotel anyways -considering the fact that Kyungsoo couldn't drive and all so Kyungsoo had probably just walked to his destination. As he exits the hotel, Jongin searches left and right for his boyfriend. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Just like Kyungsoo, Jongin wanted to spend some time alone with him but because of a y CEO that didn't like Jongin's idea, he couldn't. But maybe Jongin was being a little harsh on him.

 

Sighing, Jongin runs his hair through his hair. Where the hell did Kyungsoo go? When Jongin suddenly makes a turn, he bumps into an individual, Jongin would rather not have seen. There in front of him was the same y CEO from his last meeting. 

 

Rolling his eyes, the man crosses his arms. "Oh, Mr. Kim."

 

Jongin clears his throat, as he forms a fake smile. "Why hello, Mr. Kim. What are you doing out at midnight? Partying? Or perhaps on a stroll?"

 

"I'm looking for my boyfriend-"

 

"Has he finally gotten tired of you and decided to break up with your ?" Jongin mutters softly to himself. "About damn time. No one could stand you that long."

 

"What?"

 

"Nothing." Jongin replies, completely satisfied with himself. 

 

Crossing his arms, Yesung raises an eyebrow. "What about you? What are you doing so late at night?" 

 

"I'm looking for my boyfriend, as well." Jongin replies. "Now, if you excuse me. I have to go-"

 

"I heard the beach is only a couple of minutes away from here." Yesung sighs, extending his hand out. "If you help me find my boyfriend, I'll help you find yours."

 

Sighing, Jongin shakes the hand. "Deal."

 

There was only a couple of places that were still open at midnight. The beach was one of them. As Kyungsoo makes his way towards the shore, a distant crying noise matches the same tone he was feeling at the moment. Rubbing his teary eyes, he runs across the sand and takes a seat besides the familiar figure. "Ryeowook?"

 

"Kyungsoo?" Ryeowook sniffs, wiping the tears out of his eyes. "What are you doing here?"

 

"Jongin and I just had a fight." Kyungsoo bawls. "He didn't want to go sight seeing with me tomorrow. He ditched me again and then told me to go by myself! What about you?"

 

"I broke up with him." Ryeowook replies, finding comfort, as he lays his tired head on Kyungsoo's shoulder. "I told him that I was unhappy that he would rather choose buisness over me. I mean, I understand him. It is his buisness and he wants to see it succeed. But what about me? When do I get into the picture? He doesn't even tell me he loves me  anymore. In highschool, he would tell me all the time-"

 

Kyungsoo pats his head. "If you guys have been together for more than 8 years, I think he loves you. I mean, 8 years is a long time-"

 

"But what if he's gotten tired of me?" Ryeowook buries his face with the palm of his hands. "Maybe he was just waiting for me to break up with him... that's why he looked so unaffected when I told him that I didn't want to be with him anymore."

 

"I'm going to end up alone." Ryeowook sobs. "And then become old with tons of cats... "

 

"Oh my god." Kyungsoo realizes, sobbing with his newfound friend. Kyungsoo pulls Ryeowook into a hug, as they sob into each others embrace. "I will too! This is so sad-"

 

"Kyungsoo!" 

 

"Ryeowook"

 

Ryeowook hears from a far, causing him to break the hug and stare confusidly around them. He sniffs. "What was that?"

 

"I don't know." Kyungsoo replies, standing up from his position. He then comes across a familiar figure from a far, causing him to gasp. "Oh. It's Jongin and..."

 

"Yesung..." Ryeowook states. 

 

"What the hell is your boyfriend doing with my boyfriend?" Yesung questions, pushing Jongin down on the sand. He watches, as Jongin stumbles and then hurridly comes right up.

 

"What are you talking about?" Jongin scoffs, crossing his arms, as he gives Yesung a stern look. "What the hell is your boyfriend doing with my boyfriend?" 

 

"Well I asked the question first." Yesung huffs, as follows after Jongin, who makes his way towards Kyungsoo and Ryeowook.

 

"Shut up!" Ryeowook shouts, clearly still upset from his strained voice. "What do you want, Yesung? I thought I told you that we were over. I'm done. I don't want to be with you anymore."

 

"You're making a fuss over nothing." Yesung sighs, pulling Ryeowook into his embrace. "Stop this and let's go home. I'm tired as ."

 

Ryeowook pulls away. "I already know you've gotten tired of me so just-"

 

Furrowing his eyebrows, Yesung crosses his arms. "Thats ridiculous! Since when did I ever say that I've gotten tired of you? Even though I haven't told you lately that I love you, can't you already tell? You're the only one I look at. So stop coming up with this idea or me trying to get rid of you. Now, for the last time. Come here-"

 

"I'll get back together with you only if you sign that contract with Kyungsoo's boyfriend." Ryeowook responds, crossing his arms, as he stands besides Kyungsoo.

 

"Eh?"

 

"If you don't we're done for good." Ryeowook states.

 

Yesung ruffles his hair in responds. "Fine. I'll sign the damn contract just come home."

 

Once the Ryeowook and Yesung had left arm in arm, Jongin sighs before he quickly approaches Kyungsoo. He pulls the latter into his embrace, tenderly caressing the back of Kyungsoo's head before he speaks in a low tone. "Is that what you were so upset over? The fact that I choose buisness over you or was it the fact that I didn't tell you that I loved you enough? If it's the words you want, I would keep saying them over and over again until you're convinced that I am-"

 

"I'm sorry." Kyungsoo states, as he tightens his grip around Jongin. "I was making a big thing out of something small. I was just upset you didn't want to hang out with me. I've been alone this whole trip and I was waiting to have some alone time with you-"

 

Smiling, Jongin places a warm kiss on top of Kyungsoo's forehead. "Looks like my schedule for tomorrow is clear. I mean, since Yesung promised to sign the contract and all so I don't have to attend the meeting anymore. How does a lovely date in Hawaii sound?"

 

Nodding his head, Kyungsoo forms a smile, as he snuggles closer into Jongin's embace. "That sounds nice."

 

-

 

Baekhyun arrives at the venue excatly at 8PM sharp after recieving the text message sent from Lay. As he walks through the hotel lobby, with the boxes of cupcakes in his hands to the reception hall, Baekhyun suddenly begins to feel wary. Sighing, Baekhyun shakes the wary feeling off of himself, as he walks through the double doors of the reception hall where he then places the cupcakes on the desiganated table. 

 

As he looks around the reception hall, Baekhyun couldn't help but feel left out and alone. The party was grand, but Baekhyun didn't feel suprised. He knew from Lay's attire when they first met that Lay was wealthy. Everyone was dressed nicely in their gowns and suits, while Baekhyun was in dressed in sweats and a large sweater that he wasn't even sure was his or Chanyeol's. Baekhyun was sure that he had attracted some attention as well, considering the fact that as the guests passes by they would stare, often in disgust. He wasn't sure if the guest were disgusted because of his clothing or because of his growing bump. Baekhyun took it as a sign to leave.

 

"Baekhyun!" Baekhyun hears, causing him to turn around.

 

Smiling, Baekhyun greets Lay, who was blooming. "Lay, congrats on your engagement!"

 

Blushing, Lay gives Baekhyun a hug but is careful not to hug Baekhyun too tight because of the baby growing inside. "I can't thank you enough for those cupcakes. I'm sure my fiancee will love them... Come with me. I want to introduce you him."

 

"I can't. I have to-"

 

Before he could protest any further, Lay takes a hold of Baekhyun's hand and leads him back inside where the party was held. Lay's eyes roam around the room, searching for a particular figure. Once he finds him, Lay smiles in delight, before he hurridly leads Baekhyun towards the direction of the figure, who was standing idlely besides the drinking station. 

 

Upon tapping the figures shoulder, the figure lets out a sigh but keeps himself in tact. He didn't have to turn around to know, who tapped his shoulder. It was obvious that it was Lay. He keeps his back faced towards Lay, but ultimately responds. "What is it?"

 

"I want you to introduce you to someone-"

 

Turning around, Lay notices how the figure's eyes suddenly widen, in suprise. Blinking, Lay turns back to Baekhyun, who had the same look on his face. Lay speaks, uncomfortably still completely unaware of the situation. "This is..."

 

Baekhyun was speechless and confused. Because right there in front of him, was his Park Chanyeol, being introduced as Lay's fiancee. What the was going on?

 

"Baek..." Chanyeol's voice was low. He didn't understand the reason why Baekhyun was there or how he had become acquitances with Lay but it didn't matter. All that mattered now was the look on Baekhyun's face -both fear and anger found in his eyes -that had Chanyeol worried. In an instant, Chanyeol tries to grab a hold of Baekhyun's arm only to have Baekhyun yank it back. "I can exp-"

 

Before he has a chance to finish his sentence, Chanyeol feels a sharp stinging sensation on his right cheek. It all happened so fast and Chanyeol was sure that the sound of the slap had attracted the attention of many guests. Baekhyun had just slapped him and it hurt. "Baek-"

 

"I hate you!" Baekhyun growls with tears running down his face. He pivots his foot towards the opposite direction and walks hurriedly out of the door, only to have Chanyeol try to folllow after him.

 

Lay grabs hold of Chanyeol's arm, stopping him from leaving. "Chanyeol-"

 

"Let go of me." Chanyeol growls, his breath growing heavier by each passing minute. He had to get out of there. He couldn't stay at the party. Not with Baekhyun suddenly disappearing from him. He had to explain this. It didn't matter how many times Baekhyun would slap or even hit Chanyeol. Because none of that was important. Chanyeol just had to explain. He didn't want to lose Baekhyun and their baby. "I'm warning you, I'm about to reach my limit. Let me go."

 

"The party-"

 

"I don't give a flying about the party!" Chanyeol snaps, as he yanks his arm back and runs towards the door. He walks past a couple of guest, completely ignoring their prescence and walks out of the hotel with only one objective in his mind- to find Byun Baekhyun.

 

Once he steps foot on the paved ground. Chanyeol hears the sounds of taxi horns, chattering voices, and dogs howling into the distant which all further adds to his discontent. Everything was just happening so fast and he felt as though his head was about to expode with the amount of things going on. He scans the busy streets over and over before he makes a sudden right, hoping that it was the same direction Baekhyun had taken. He runs past and even bumps into a couple of people, as his mind thinks of places Baekhyun might have run off to.

 

Panting, Chanyeol suddenly spots the figure he had been looking for seconds away from crossing the padestrian lane. Instantly, Chanyeol hurriedly runs towards the figure and grabs a hold of Baekhyun's arm, turning Baekhyun over to face him. Baekhyun's face was filled with tears, but upon seeing Chanyeol once again, Baekhyun's face quickly stiffens and anger suddenly emerges into his body.

 

"Chanyeol, let me go." Baekhyun sniffs, attempting to brush Chanyeol's arm off but fails. The sound of Baekhyun calling him by his first name made Chanyeol fearful. Baekhyun never called Chanyeol by his first name, just "Yeol" and the occasional "" when Baekhyun was upset. Honestly, at that moment Chanyeol would have rather heard Baekhyun call him an than by his real name. To him, it would hurt less.

 

"Just go back to your party." Baekhyun continues, obviously still far too upset and confused over the whole situation.

 

"I don't care about the party." Chanyeol's face grew soft, as his grip around Baekhyun tightened. He was far too afraid to have Baekhyun run off again on him. "I know I messed up. Just let me explain-"

 

"Explain what? There's nothing to explain." Baekhyun snaps, furrowing his eyebrows, as he slams his hands on Chanyeol's chest repeatedly. Baekhyun tried to keep calm, but everytime Chanyeol spoke, it would provoke his emotions again. Baekhyun just wanted to be alone. He felt like crying and then laughing over the whole situation. "You played me. I don't even know if I should be laughing or crying right now. You got me pregnant and made me think that I was the only one in your heart when in reality you had a fiancee all along. That's one hell of a story-"

 

Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun by his shoulders, as he leans down to face Baekhyun face to face, with a look of sincerity. "I wasn't playing you or your feelings! Lay means nothing to me. You're the only one in my heart, Byun Baekhyun. Please, just believe me."

 

"Believe you?" Baekhyun scoffs, his blood continuing to boil with each word coming out of Chanyeol's mouth. "How am I supposed to believe you after this? I trusted you for god's sake! But to find out that you've been fooling around with someone behind my back-"

 

"I wasn't ing fooling around with him!" Chanyeol shouts out, in frustration. "My parents set this engagement up because of buisness. You're the one I love. You and our baby. Not him-" 

 

"Really? Because Lay looks pretty in love if you ask me." Baekhyun raises an eyebrow, as he lets out a weak laugh. "How could you tell me that you love me after all of this? You lied to me... What's worst is that I had to find out from your own fiancee instead of you."

 

"I lied to you, I know. I made a mistake." Chanyeol sighs, running his fingers through his hair. "But I was scared that you might leave me once you found out and that scared me to death. I didn't want to lose you. I couldn't tell you until I had a way out of this engagement-"

 

"Wouldn't it have been a smarter decision to tell me the truth in the first place? Because what's the difference between telling me before and telling me now? You're going to loss me anyways! Except now, it just hurts alot more. Especially since I've already developed feelings for you." Baekhyun responds with a stern look on his face. "Feelings aren't something easy to get rid off."

 

"Then don't get rid of them." Chanyeol demands, but sounds almost like a plead. "I'm sorry. I really am. I'll find a way out of this-"

 

"What if there's no way out of the engagement? What were you going to do instead? Not tell me anything while you get married to Lay? Keep everything from me and then what? I become the mistress with your kid that everyone hates?" Baekhyun questions, wiping his remaining tears. He had enough. He wasn't just going to stand there and cry over Chanyeol anymore. "I can't do that. I won't do that. From this moment on, we're over."

 

Chanyeol's face falls. "What?"

 

"I won't stand here and wait for you anymore. The thought of you going behind my back and seeing Lay... sickens me. I spent every night waiting for you to come home after work when in reality, it wasn't work. You were just with Lay discussing you're marriage huh?" Baekhyun questions, watching as Chanyeol lowers his head in response. "I thought so."

 

Baekhyun lowers his head. "You and me live in two seperate worlds-"

 

"Then allow me to live in the same world as you." Chanyeol replies, persistantly, as he pulls Baekhyun into his embrace. Despite Baekhyun's constant protests, Chanyeol only tightens his grip in response. "I don't want to end this, Baek. Please, just tell me what I need to do. You can hit me all you want. Just don't do this. Please..."

 

"The doors to my world are closed, Park Chanyeol." Baekhyun replies, as he breaks free from Chanyeol's grip and takes the chance to run off into the distance. 

 

Chanyeol stands still in shock for a couple of minutes -still unable to move from his position. He closes his eyes, when a sudden scream brings him back into reality. Furrowing his eyebrows, Chanyeol turns around and finds a car fast approaching Baekhyun, as he crosses the street on the padestrian lane. He runs towards the latter, but is far too late.

 

"Baek... Baekhyun!"

 

Then just the sound of shattered glass, a crash is heard.

 

Chanyeol hopelessly watches, as Baekhyun falls to the ground with blood staining the floor, red. Chanyeol felt his whole world stop. Blood was rushing through his veins, as his eyes widened in fear, at the sight. Instantly, Chanyeol runs towards Baekhyun's side, shaking the latter roughly, as tears fell from his eyes. "Baek, wake up!"

 

"Wake up. Damn it!" Chanyeol shouts out, caressing Baekhyun's face. "Help! Someone help!"

 

-

 

Chanyeol taps his feet and closes his eyes, as he worriedly waits for the doctor to emerge from the hospital room that Baekhyun was hurriedly placed in, once they got to the hospital. It had been 2 hours since the accident and Chanyeol was instructed to go to sleep by a couple of nurses. But how could he sleep when the love of his life just got into a ing car accident and he was there but couldn't do anything about it? When the door of Baekhyun's hospital room finally open a couple of minutes later, Chanyeol immediately gets up from his sitting position and approaches the doctor, who busily looks through Baekhyun's x-ray. 

 

"How is he?"

 

"The surgery went well. Mr. Park's going to make it." The doctor replies, placing a warm, comforting hand on top of Chanyeol's shoulder. "But the baby didn't."

 

Chanyeol's face falls. He had been crying since the accident had happened and thought that he was done, but after hearing that their baby didn't make it, Chanyeol felt a batch of warm tears beginning to flow. "What?"

 

"I'm sorry, Mr. Park. It was a hard decision." The doctor replies, patting Chanyeol's back. "Baekhyun was losing far too much blood and it wasn't just affecting his health, but the baby's as well. At first, we came to a decision to deliver the baby prematurely, but it was a dangerous procedure and the baby would be faced with difficulties in the future and it could also possibly kill Baekhyun, so we dismissed it."

 

"I'm really sorry, Mr. Park."

 

First, Park Chanyeol had just broken up with the love of his life, Byun Baekhyun. Now, Chanyeol was just informed that they lost their baby.

 

Karma's a damn after all.


A/N: Sorry, I just had too. The story wasn't tagged as a "drama" for nothing...

27377_900.giftumblr_niq8v6iexm1qa1jq1o1_400.giftumblr_inline_nawpkefYQK1rehnjn.gif

Lame Fun Fact #1: For Baekyeol, I was going to have them have the baby. But a month before labor, Baekhyun would find out about Chanyeol and Lay so Baekyeol would break up. When Baek's about to give birth, Chanyeol's there because Luhan and Kyungsoo called him to be there. Chanyeol begs Baekhyun to return home and says that he already broke off his engagement with Lay. Baekhyun returns home with Chanyeol, but isnt ready to get back together with him. He's only doing it for their baby. Blah Blah Blah. Too boring...