Rejections and Confessions

I Couldn't Stay Away

The morning starts off as usual with a cup of coffee, some fruit, and an annoying secretary- oh wait, Jongin doesn't have a secretary anymore because of Kyungsoo's decision to quit all because of a past employee who came to beg Jongin for her job back. It had almost been a week since Kyungsoo had left and Jongin doesn't know whether he's bother or pleased by it. The good part of it all was that Jongin was finally able to go to work in a normal working enviroment with no nagging and whining; the bad part, however, was that Kyungsoo wasn't there anymore to annoy and make fun off. Now, he had no excuse to put his work aside and talk to, except his annoying older sister Jessica, who Jongin doesn't even like, for the most part.

 

Taking a deep breathe, Jongin questions why today was such a boring work day. He had finished reading and even finished rereading a couple of documents a couple of hours ago. If Kyungsoo was still with him, reading those documents would usually take Jongin the whole day to finish due to Kyungsoo continously barging into his office to ask pointless and idiotic questions that just could be found on Google.

 

Standing up, Jongin begins to make his way to the company lounge to clear his thoughts when he accidently stumbles upon Suho, in his office having a conversation through his phone. Jongin hides behind the corner, as he watches Suho's lips curve into a wide smile and a laugh quickly escapes his lips. This causes Jongin to furrow his eyebrows in confusion. Because Suho should be working not having fun with somebody over the phone. Who was Suho even in a conversation with and what was so funny that caused Suho to laugh that hard?

 

Jongin shrugs, why does he even care? He pivots his foot to start walking the opposite direct when a sudden name pops up into the conversation, causing him to freeze. "Kyungsoo, I should-"

 

Jongin leans in closer to corner, hoping to be able to understand the conversation clearer. "Okay, I'll meet you there. Are you sure you don't want me to pick you up? It won't be a bother-"

 

"Okay then." Suho smiles, before ending the call.

 

When Jongin sees Suho returning his phone into his pockets, Jongin takes it as his signal to leave. As he makes his way out, Jongin places his hands inside of his pocket as he lets yet another sigh escape his mouth. He begins to wonder whether Suho was serious about what he said a couple of days ago and wonders why Suho's words had kept with him since. It wasn't any of his buisness if Suho liked Kyungsoo or not. It wasn't as if Jongin and Kyungsoo had actually dated in the past so why was he so bothered by it? Their relationship was just strictly professional and an excuse for his mom to stop setting him up on blind dates. So why did Jongin feel like this? Why couldn't he just move on with his life and let Suho be together with Kyungsoo?

 

After all, it did seem like the two had some chemistry together. 

 

Jongin then begins to reminisce when he had strictly prohibited Kyungsoo from seeing Suho to which Kyungsoo chose not to obey. He remembers how upset and betrayed he had felt when he saw the two together, smiling and giggling at a stupid joke Suho probably made. The smile on Kyungsoo's face was nothing Jongin had ever seen before, Kyungsoo had never smiled like that in front of him so why did he smile so easily when it came to Suho?

 

Suho got smiles and giggles while Jongin recieved eye rolls and death glares. 

 

The thought of Kyungsoo being happily content with Suho and going on dates makes Jongin shake his head, as he tries to get the picture of them together out of his head. He couldn't have it, something inside of him knew that it was wrong. But what excatly was wrong? Was it the thought of Suho and Kyungsoo being together?

 

Holding hands one day and getting married the next? Or was it just Jongin not being able to understand his own feelings? 

 

Instead of clearing his mind, Jongin ends up having much more to think about.

 

-

 

"Yeol?" Baekhyun asks, waving his hands near Chanyeol's face to get his attention. Chanyeol then faces his boyfriend with a blank look on his face, Baekhyun frowns before taking a seat besides him. "You've been awfully quite the last few days. Is there something wrong that you haven't been telling me about?"

 

Yes. Yes there is a problem. 

 

Chanyeol shakes his head, giving Baekhyun a slight smile, before he gently caresses Baekhyun's face. "No, just tired. That's all."

 

 "Alright, but if anything's bothering you, you know you could always tell me-"

 

Chanyeol bites his bottom lip when he sees Baekhyun standing up to approach the kitchen -probably to start breakfast, he suppposes. "Actually, Baek-"

 

Baekhyun takes out a couple of eggs from the fridge, as well as a couple of different fruits. "What is it, Yeol?"

 

Chanyeol hesitates. He had wanted to confess everything about his arranged marriage to Baekhyun but the words wouldn't come out of his mouth. Chanyeol took it as if it was a sign. Chanyeol shakes his head. He couldn't tell Baekhyun at least not yet. "Can you make my eggs scrabled today? I'm kind of getting tired of sunny side eggs-"

 

"Sure."

 

Baekhyun returns to the table and places a plate of food in front of Chanyeol, who kisses Baekhyun's cheek in return. "So what time are you coming home today? The appointment is scheduled around 6-"

 

Chanyeol raises an eyebrow. "Appointment?" 

 

Baekhyun nods, before taking a sip of his morning tea. "My doctor's appointment for my checkup."

 

"I'm sorry, Baek but I don't think I can make it today." Chanyeol replies, looking at Baekhyun apologetically. "I have an important meeting today with potential investors that can support the company out of bankrruptcy-"

 

"It's okay." Baekhyun shrugs, smiling so that Chanyeol doesn't feel too guilty. It wasn't Chanyeol's fault that he was busy. Besides Baekhyun didn't mind going alone. "It's fine, I'll just go by myself today. I honestly don't mind."

 

"I'll make it up to you, I swear-"

 

Baekhyun giggles, when Chanyeol places a quick peck on his lips. "It's fine, Chanyeol. Really. Besides there's other appointments going to happen later on."

 

 

"Hi, can I ask if apartment 135 is occupied?" Luhan asks when he approaches the receptionist of his old apartment lobby. He had gone come by to check whether or not his apartment was occupied by other people just in case because he had wanted to rent it; his old alpartment was sentimental to Luhan so finding another apartment elsewhere was never an option to him. Although Kyungsoo had rejected the idea at first and told Luhan that he wasn't a bother, Luhan continued to push through with his idea of moving out. Besides, he had left bad.

 

The receptionist quickly checks the computer, before looking up to face Luhan. "The previous owner, Mrs. Wong had moved out a couple of weeks ago-"

 

"Great, I'd like to rent it-"

 

"I'm sorry but that room has already been sold." The receptionist replies, causing Luhan to frown in response. "Even before Mrs. Wong had moved out, someone had already purchased it but they were put on the waiting list."

 

Luhan frowns. "Alright thank you."

 

"However, there are other rooms available." The receptionist says. "If you would like I'd be glad to show you-"

 

Luhan checks his watch before he forms a slight smile, as he shakes his head. "That won't be nessecary. I have to go to work now but I'll be back next week. Thank you."

 

 -

 

When Baekhyun arrives at the hospital for his scheduled appointment, he feels calm and relaxed despite not having Chanyeol around to hold his hand, as they entered. He gets greeted by a couple of nurses and doctors, as he makes his way into Mr. Lee's office -his doctor. He takes a seat for a couple of minutes and waits until Mr. Lee's assistant calls Baekhyun inside. 

 

"Mr. Lee will see you now." 

 

Getting up, Baekhyun follows the assistant inside of Mr. Lee's office. He sits down on the chair, as he paciently waits for the doctor to come in to examine him and explain what Baekhyun should be expecting during this stage of his pregnancy. When the doctor finally enters with a clipboard in one hand and a pen on the other, he greets Baekhyun with a smile to which Baekhyun smiles back. 

 

"Good morning, Mr. Byun." Mr. Lee says, walking towards the ultrasound equipment to grab what he needs and then turns to Baekhyun. "Why don't you lie down while I get everything started? Is it just you today?"

 

Baekhyun nods, as he lays down on top of the examination bed. "He had a meeting to attend today."

 

"Your husband must be very busy-"

 

Baekhyun blushes at the doctor had just said. "We're not married."

 

"Yet." The doctor teases, when he begins to approach Baekhyun with his equipment. He lifts Baekhyun's shirt slightly, exposing Baekhyun's growing baby bump before placing an abundant amount of gel. He spreads it evenly around Baekhyun's stomach and then places another equipment on top of the gel that projects a black and white ultrasound of the growing fetus. 

 

"Looks like you're 15 weeks along now and the baby's doing fine. The baby's developing it's eyebrows, hair, and nails and is learning how to kick so don't be frightened when it does. It's a normal part of pregnancy." Mr. Lee explains, multitasking by staring at the screen, as he talks to Baekhyun. Baekhyun stares in awe, as his eyes begin to glisten. He was already in his twenth week of pregnancy, making even more emotional. Before he knows it a tear rolls down his eyes, causing the doctor to be caught off guard. 

 

Mr. Lee hands Baekhyun a tissue, who wipes the tears rolling down from his eyes. "Why are you crying?"

 

"I don't know." Baekhyun shrugs, sniffing. "It's just... I'm really happy."

 

Mr. Lee smiles. "That's normal for first time parents. You're half way there. Would you like to know the gender of your baby?"

 

Baekhyun gasps. "You can do that?"

 

"It's the 21st century, we can do anything."

 

-

 

Today, was the annual Wu Entertainment family photoshoot where all the actors, actresses, and even idols from the company join in to take family pictures together. The old pictures around the building would then be replaced by the new pictures that they had just taken. It was a hectic scene. Cameras were flashing. The amount of lights were making the room extremely hot. And all the stylists and managers kept running all over the place trying to instruct and dress the celebrities for their next photoshoot. When Luhan gets to the set, he is greeted by Tao, who approaches him to ask if he could fix a button that had fallen off of his blazer.

 

"There." Luhan says, returning the blazer back to Tao, who immediately puts in on in a hurry when he hears his name being called numerous times by the photographer. 

 

"Thanks, Luhan." Tao says, before scurring off into the distance where the photographer was calling him.

 

"Can you fix Sehun's makeup for me when he finishes getting dressed? He just came." Another stylist says, as she approaches Luhan with a makeup brush in her hand. "I have to run somewhere really fast to get something. I think I forgot my phone in my car."

 

Luhan nods. "Sure."

 

Luhan then makes his way towards Sehun, who quietly sat down on a chair fumbling with his cell phone. Grabbing one of the makeup bushes dabbed with fondation, he quickly applies it onto Sehun's face for coverage. He brushes along Sehun's cheekbones, before he suddenly notices Sehun's dark eyebags. "Partied to late last night?"

 

Sehun rolls his eyes. "Mind your own buisness."

 

"Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today." Luhan quickly replies back, grabbing a lip balm from the makeup bag. He quickly applies it on Sehun's lips. 

 

When Sehun doesn't reply and instead quickly makes his way towards the set, Luhan scoffs at Sehun's unpleasant attitude. Even if Sehun was mad or upset, he shouldn't act so unprofessional to a fellow stylist, who was just trying to help.

 

"He's grandfather got hospitilized last night."

 

Suprised, Luhan turns around only to be greeted by Tao, who had just finished his shoot. "What?"

 

"He's grandfather got hospitilized last night. Said it was a heart attack so Sehun stayed the whole night until his granfather was discharged in the morning and was sent home." Tao explains, grabbing an apple to take a bite. "So don't mind him. He's just been worried lately."

 

Luhan nods.

 

Luhan watches as Tao takes his leave and then looks down. He had felt bad; He didn't know Sehun's granfather -the last remaining family member Sehun had left- was ill. If he did, then Luhan probably wouldn't have bombared Sehun with so many annoying, pointless questions. Before he knows it a tear quickly escapes his eye as he begins to reminsce moments with Sehun's grandfather, who had always been incredibly fond of Luhan. The two have always been close and developed a bond when Sehun and Luhan were still dating. Even though they weren't related Sehuns grandfather would always make sure Luhan was in good health and supported everything he did. 

 

When Sehun finishes his shoot, he heads towards the dressing room. Luhan quickly approaches him with a serious look on his face. "I want to see him-"

 

"No." Sehun replies, sternly obviously understanding the situation. "Why would you? You shouldn't even care. You're the one that left."

 

"Well I'm here now. I want to see him-"

 

"Luhan you don't understand, when you left unannounced, you didn't just leave me, you left my grandfather." Sehun replies, as Luhan puts his head downs so Sehun doesnt see him crying.

 

"Do you know that my grandfather tried to look for you?" Sehun questions, causing Luhan's eyes to well up with tears once again. "It took a whole month for him to understand the fact that you left. A whole damn month. He kept asking me question that I didn't even know how to answer. It came to a point where he even got a heart attack."

 

 "So what the hell makes you think that I'd let you see him?" 

 

"Just let me explain-"

 

"Explain what?" Sehun demanded. "You never let me explain in the past so why should I? I had a reasonable answer back then that you didn't even want to listen to."

 

"This isn't even about us anymore. This is about your grandfather!" Luhan replies, clearly upset. "I just want to make sure he's okay."

 

"He's fine. There's no need for you to see him."

 

-

 

Kyungsoo felt out of place. Sitting down in such a fancy resteraunt next to a man as handsome as Suho was beyond Kyungsoo's expectations of a simple, casual dinner. He watches, as the waiter carefully pours a glass of wine into both of their glasses. When the waiter finishes, he bows his head before taking his leave, returning back to the kitchen to follow up on their orders. 

 

"Cheers." Suho says, raising his glass towards Kyungsoo who in return does the same. After their toast, Kyungsoo takes a sip of the wine finding it to be to bitter so he makes a face. "Do you not like it?"

 

"Just not a huge wine lover that's all." Kyungsoo explains.

 

A couple of minutes into the date, Kyungsoo finds himself following the beat of the instruments that were currently composing a beautiful harmonious piece. The beat had reminded him alot of the song he and Jongin had once danced to at Jongin's favorite resteraunt -a place far more comfortable than the place he was at. Kyungsoo smiles at the thought.

 

"Dance with me."

 

Kyungsoo widens his eyes but then quickly begins to shake his head. He can't dance even if his life depended on it. He can't embarrass himself. Not in front of Jongin. "I don't think that's a good idea-"

 

"Come on." Jongin smiles and Kyungsoo almost changes his mind. But before Kyungsoo could respond, Jongin gently takes Kyungsoo's hand. Jongin smiles slightly, which causes Kyungsoo's heart to beat. Faster than the rhythm of the song that the band was currently playing. Kyungsoo's never felt like this around Jongin before. Slowly, Kyungsoo begins to stand up and Jongin leads him to the other side of the resteraunt.

 

"I'm not going to bite. You can lean on me if you want to." Jongin states.

 

"The chicken's really good." Suho interrupts Kyungsoo's thoughts bringing him back to the reality of everything. Suho raises an eyebrow when Kyungsoo doesn't respond. "Are you okay? Are you sick?"

 

"Just thinking."

 

"About Jongin?" Suho questions. "Reevaluating your pretend relationship?"

 

"How did you-"

 

Suho smiles slightly. "I kind of figured. And when you quit the other day, I had a chat with Jongin about it. But what I'm really curious is why you said yes to such an annoying, inconsiderate bastard, who doesn't care about anyone but himself-"

 

He's not inconsiderate- Kyungsoo wanted to reply.

 

"Are you okay?" Jongin questions, worriedly. He feels Kyungsoo's forehead to check if he had a fever and watches as Kyungsoo shivers against his touch. Jongin concludes that Kyungsoo's body temperature seems fine but the look on Kyungsoo's face makes Jongin worried. 

 

Kyungsoo shakes his head. "I feel sick."

 

"Do you want me to drive you to the hospital-"

 

"No."

 

"But Kyungsoo, you look horrible. Besides there's a hospital around here-"

 

"No. Just take me home. Please." Kyungsoo begs. 

 

 Jongin swore that he saw a hint of despair hiden in Kyungsoo's eyes. Was Kyungsoo afraid of the doctors? Jongin wanted to argue about how going to the hospital could possibly determine Kyungsoo's illness. But he didnt want to get into another arguement with him so instead Jongin sighed, in agreement.

 

"Okay."

 

 

If Jongin was inconsiderate then he would've let Kyungsoo go to the hospital despite Kyungsoo's pleads not to. Jongin considered Kyungsoo's feelings and even took care of him afterwards despite Kyungsoo being a to him along the way. Jongin had even searched through 10 different pharamacies just to buy Kyungsoo the right type of medication. Jongin was anything but inconsiderate.

 

Suho takes a deep breath before continuing. "He doesn't even value the art in archetecture. It's all about money to him-" 

 

"You missed out though because today they showed us these amazing houses that were built in the late 1700's. They're planning to recreate them and asked a bunch realtors and architects for help on ideas that could help make those houses into landmarks. They were also showing us new buildings that they were creating and hoping to sell as investments to foreigners-"

 

"That's great." Kyungsoo smiles.

 

Despite the fact that Jongin was the CEO of Kim ReaItor Services, it still amazed Kyungsoo how passionate Jongin was over selling houses and architecture in general. He always thought that Jongin was just like other wealthy, young CEO's that only focused on money rather than their actual jobs. 

 

"Beside's, he's not even that handso- Kyungsoo, where are you going?" Suho asks, when he sees Kyungsoo stand up.

 

"Restroom. I'll be back." Kyungsoo hastily replies, making his way towards the restrooms.

 

-

  

When Kyungsoo turns the corner still looking for the restroom, he feels a sudden hand grab onto his wrist. Before he even has a chance to protest, he is quickly led outside of the resteraunt, causing him to furrow his eyebrows. His face begins to softten when he sees Jongin standing in front of him, looking offly annoyed. 

 

"What the hell?" Kyungsoo shouts, letting all of his frustrations out. 

 

Jongin plugs his ears. "Too loud. Calm your voice."

 

Kyungsoo crosses his arms, pouting as he puts on a serious face. "No. Now, tell me why you're here."

 

"Well I've told you before to stay away from Suho, am I right?" Jongin scoffs, watching as Kyungsoo furrows his eyebrows in response. 

 

"It shouldn't even bother you who I hang out with-"

 

"Actually it does." Jongin responds, almost immediately. He leans in closer to Kyungsoo's face, watching as the latter's cheeks begin to turn into a light shade of pink. "Mind I remind you that you're my boyfriend. As in we're in a relationship so you basically belong to me-"

 

"Jongin, I quit. I had enough. I couldn't take it anymore. I hated being your secretary. Up until now, you've only treated me as a pet." Kyungsoo replies, angerly as he throws punches on Jongin's chest repeatidly. "Suho was right, I was stupid to say yes to this stupid pretend relationship."

 

Kyungsoo stops, fists resting on top of Jongin's chest, as he looks down. "All you ever cared about was having your freedom. You never even cared about me. You assho-"

 

Before Kyungsoo has a chance to finish, Jongin grabs Kyungsoo's chin to make Kyungsoo look up at him. Jongin then leans in and presses his lips against Kyungsoo's. Kyungsoo blinks his eyes, innocently as he tries to understand what was happening and why Jongin had suddenly kissed him. The kiss was soft and sweet, something very different from their first kiss a couple of months ago that had started all of this, including their fake relationship.

 

When Jongin pulls away, he pulls a stunned Kyungsoo into a tight embrace. With Kyungsoo in his arms, Jongin begins to speak in a low voice, running his fingers through Kyungsoo's soft, delicate hair. "Suho's an idiot. Don't listen to what he says. And definately don't talk about him anymore in front of me."

 

"D-Did you...Did we just-"

 

Jongin laughs softly, placing another kiss on the roof of Kyungsoo's head. "This time I won't pretend anymore. I've figured out my feelings and I won't let you go again. You belong to me. Not Suho."

 

"When he asks you to hang out with him, tell him that you have plans with me." Jongin says, possessively. "Don't laugh at his jokes and in fact don't even smile at him anymore-"

 

Kyungsoo looks up, pouting. "You're being unreasonable. He's your cousin-"

 

Jongin lets out a sigh. "Fine because it's you, I'm willing to compromise. You can talk to him but in return you have to return to the office. Talking to Jessica all day might actually make me go crazy. Seriously."

 

Kyungsoo giggles, snuggling his head closer to Jongin's chest. "Deal."

 

Across the distance, Suho smiles at the sight of the two hugging one another without thoughts of ever letting go. Suho had already payed for the meal, a couple of minutes ago after Kyungsoo went to the restroom. To be honest, Suho had planned this a long time ago; He knew that Jongin liked Kyungsoo and vice versa but since the two were so prideful of their feelings, it resulted into this. He pivots his foot to turn the opposite direction away from the couple, with a bitter-sweet feeling in him. It would be a lie if Suho said he never had certain feelings for Kyungsoo. Because he did. 

 

But, Suho knew that Kyungsoo's heart was with Jongin and Suho couldn't compete with that. 

 

-

 

After Baekhyun's doctor appointment, he decides to head to the cafe to check up on things. It had been a while since he had last visited and wanted to make sure things were running according to plan. When he enters the staff quickly greets him, as he heads to his private office after he quickly tells Chanyeol about the doctor's appointment and the gender of their baby. He grabs his phone from his pocket and quickly dials his boyfriend's phone number. 

 

"Yeol, guess what?" Baekhyun says almost immediately when Chanyeol picks up. He was just so excited to tell Chanyeol the good news.

 

"Baek, I'm sorry but I can't really talk right now." Chanyeol responds quietly over the phone, causing Baekhyun to frown. "I'm at the hospital, my dad's got hospitilized. Don't wait up for me anymore. I'll come home tomorrow. I love you"

 

"I-" Before Baekhyun has a chance to reply, he hears continous beeping over the phone indicating that Chanyeol had already hung up. He stares at the phone in disbelief and frowns. Something in his gut knew something was off. 


A/N: Can you spot the 50 shades of grey reference? Wink. Wink.