That Awkward Moment

I Couldn't Stay Away

Kyungsoo jots out of his couch, rubbing his eyes tiredly when he hears knocking on his door. He makes a loud sigh, as he makes his way towards the door and begins to unlock it. He opens the door shortly after and sees Luhan trying to keep his balance, as he holds two luggages on both hands. Luhan smiles when the door reveals a grumpy looking Kyungsoo.

 

In any other given day or time, Kyungsoo would have laughed and cooed about how cute the elder was but today was different. Kyungsoo was annoyed after Luhan had interrupted his precious slumber. So instead he hurriedly tells Luhan to come in.

 

"Gee thanks. I missed you too." Luhan replies, sarcastically as he puts his bags down on the floor of Kyungsoo's living room. He watches as Kyungsoo takes a seat on the couch and then quickly follows. 

 

"You know I missed you. It's just that it's so late-"

 

"I know and I'm sorry. It's just that I didn't have any other place I could stay." Luhan explains. "I'll make it up to you, I promise."

 

Kyungsoo smiles. "It's fine. You're always welcomed here anyways. So are you going to tell me what you're doing here in the first place? You kind of hung up on me without giving me a chance to say anything."

 

"Right sorry. My phone was at 1% so I had to speak fast before it turned off." Luhan replies. "Anyways I'm here for an internship at Wu Entertainment. Mr. Jun said that it was a good opportunity so I took it. I'm going to the building tomorrow to introduce myself with the other interns and then I start the day after."

 

"Are you excited?" 

 

Luhan nods his head. "I'm excited and nervous. Because what if the people there are s? How am I going to control myself in front of everyone? But it's also exciting to style the celebrities."

 

"Maybe you'll meet someone handsome." Kyungsoo winks and Luhan laughs. "I heard for a fact  that Wu Entertainment only accepts good looking, talented people."

 

"Maybe."

 

-

 

When Baekhyun wakes up in the middle of the night, he is greeted by Chanyeol's face laying only a couple of millimeters away from his. He looks at their position and thinks its adorably cute how they both fell asleep in each others arm's. Then Chayeol decides to open his mouth and begins to snore, louder than before and Baekhyun groans, remembering that this was why his sleep was rudely interrupted. 

 

"Chanyeol." Baekhyun groans, trying to get his boyfriend's attention by lightly touching his cheeks. "Chanyeol-"

 

"Let's talk in the morning. I'm exhausted." Chanyeol groans, shoving Baekhyun away.

 

This causes Baekhyun to bump his elbow on their bedside table and sends an uncomfortable sensation around his arm. Baekhyun sits up from the bed and pushes Chanyeol with his feet, however Chanyeol stilll remains in a perfect sleeping position and continues to lay peacefully on the bed. 

 

Then Baekhyun gets an idea. An idea that might get him in trouble tomorrow with his boyfriend, but he still gets an idea. Jumping out of the bed, Baekhyun rushes to find a black sharpie marker in the kitchen. Once, he finally finds one, he returns to the bed and turns Chanyeol over so that he was facing him. He takes off the pen of the marker and begins to draw little hearts around Chanyeol's face.

 

"Karma's a ."

 

When Chanyeol wakes up in the morning, he makes his way into the restroom to freshen up. He yawns and streches his arms and then screams when he sees his face covered with hearts and smiley faces. First he's angry but then after a couple of minutes, he laughs at how cute Baekhyun was for writing a backwards, "I love you" on top Chanyeol's forehead.

 

He wonders if Baekhyun had really been this bored last night for him to be able to do this.

 

Once he rinses all of the sharpy marks off of his face, he returns to the bed and lays a kiss on top of Baekhyun's forehead. "I love you too, Baek."

 

But Chanyeol couldn't just leave it at that; he wanted to suprise the latter when he woke up. 

 

 

-

The following day Luhan heads out to the Wu Entertainment building located just 20 minutes away from Kyungsoo's apartment. With a nervous heart, he enters the building and watches how the building was packed with actors, actresses, managers, and other staff members. As he makes his way towards the elevators, he stumbles upon a tall, blonde haired man, who had bumped into him as he practiced his lines. The man gasps and is quick to apologize, as he bows in embarrassment.

 

"It's okay. I wasn't really aware of my surroundings either. Besides it looked like you were busy."

 

"I was rehearsing my lines for a commercial that I'm shooting later but I just can't seem to memorize them. Anyways I've never seen you around, are you new here?" The man asks.

 

Luhan nods. "I'm here for an internship."

 

"You're not an actor? You're so handsome though." The man gasps and Luhan blushes. The man extends his arm towards him and Luhan shakes it. "I'm Huang Zitao by the way. But my stage name is just Tao."

 

"Lu Han."

 

"That name sounds so familiar. Are you Chinese too?" Tao grins and Luhan nods. "Our boss is Chinese as well! He's my boyfriend, Wu Yi Fan but you can call him Kris. In fact, if you call him by his real name, he'll get really angry with you."

 

"But I still do it anyways." Tao giggles and shortly after he notices his manager waving his hands in the air to attract the actor's attention. It was probably time for him to leave to go to another sceduled event. Tao nods and then quickly turns his attention back to Luhan. He smiles. "I have to go but I'll see you around soon!"

 

"It was nice speaking to you!" Luhan responds, watching as Tao begins to walk away with his manager beside him. 

 

After saying their goodbyes, Luhan returns to wandering around the building in search of the other interns. Once he spots his friend, who had also gotten accepted because of Mr. Jun's recommendation, Luhan approaches the small group of interns. He sees a lot of new faces, considering that this internship was open internationally and even begins to befriend some of them, as they all wait for further instructs from the president himself. 

 

"Hello everyone." Mr. Wu greets, as he makes his way towards the group. "Welcome to Wu Entertainment. My name is Kris and as you can see, Wu Entertainment contains an large aray of different types of actors, actresses, idols, and even trainees that I have personally selected to be a part of this entertainment. In Wu Entertainment we hope to avoid scandals concerning our celebrities and also train our celebrities to be properly well mannered so it is likely that once the internship begins, you will not have a problem with any of them."

 

"At least, I hope." Kris adds and the group laughs. 

 

"Anyway the staff and I are all very excited to have all of you here for this internship. Let's get started with the tour, okay?" Kris continues and everyone nods, as they follow Kris towards the elevator. Considering that there were only 10 interns, everyone was able to fit inside of the elevator without having to wait for another. 

 

-

 

"Where are they?" Luhan mutters to himself, as he begins to wander around the corridors of the building. He just went to use the restroom after they were given a quick break and once Luhan was done, everything was empty and everyone had already left. Now, Luhan was lost and utterly confused trying to retrace his tracks. From the outside, the building was only a couple of stories high, but in the inside the building was huge.

 

Why did Wu Entertainment have to be this grand?

 

-

 

Chanyeol takes his phone out of his blazer, when he hears it ringing continously. He puts his pen down and turns off his computer, smiling when he sees that the person who been calling was no other than his boyfriend - who had probably already woken up and saw his new appearance through the mirror. "Hello?"

 

"Have I ever told you that you're a way better kisser than you are as an artist? Because I think I should've told you that a long time ago."

 

Chanyeol gasps, pretending to be offended by the comment Baekhyun had made. "That hurts. But thanks for admitting that I'm an amazing kisser. I've been told-"

 

"You've been told?" Baekhyun replies, hinting a little bit of jealousy in his voice. 

 

"Didn't you know I was a heart throb back in highschool?" Chanyeol replies, continuing on with his game of trying to make his boyfriend as jelaous as he could. "They were all over me and couldn't get their hands off of me, each and everyone of them-"

 

"I'm sure you did." Baekhyun laughs. "But really it took me at least an hour to get all of those drawings off of my face."

 

"You started it!" Chanyeol scoffs. "I didn't have time to wash all of the drawings off of my face so I still have random black spots on my face."

 

"Well you didn't have to push me away last night. I hurt myself because of you."

 

"Really?" Chanyeol asks, completely unaware. "I'm sorry Baek I didn't mean it-"

 

"Its fine. It didn't hurt that badly anyways.." Baekhyun replies, causing Chanyeol to take a sigh of relief.  "Anyways, I just called to say-"

 

"-that you love me. Aww thanks Baek-"

 

"Very funny. But really I just wanted to tell you that I'm sleeping over at Kyungsoo's for 2 days-"

 

Chanyeol pouts. "Why? That means I'm going to be sleeping alone for two days-"

 

"Yeah, Kyungsoo told me that Luhan was here so I decided to sleepover with them so that we had a chance to catch up with one another."

 

"Okay, just don't do anything bad."

 

Baekhyun laughs. "You sound like my dad."

 

"Well I am the father to your kid so it makes sense. But really Baek, try not to hurt yourself while your there, I dont want you or the baby to get hurt and if anything happens contact me and I'll be there as fast as I can."

 

"Okay, I'll text you later, you might be busy right now."

 

-

 

"I'm telling you Sehun, he was so handsome. And it seemed like I've met him before. The name just sounded so familiar." Tao states, as he and Sehun make their way into the company lounge, their occasionaly hang out spot. Since Tao's event was suddenly cancelled, he decided to call Sehun to hang out instead, considering that Sehun didn't have an event to do today, as well. 

 

Sehun smirks watching as the elevator doors begin to open. He eventually makes his way out and Tao follows. "May I remind you that you have a boyfriend. A very generous one in fact, who helped us become successful in life. You shouldn't even be interested in another man-"

 

"Who said I was interested?" Tao defends himself. "I was just stating a fact."

 

"What was his name again?"

 

"Lu-" Before Tao could respond, he gasps, as he begins to recall a familiar figure standing in front of the restrooms. He waits until the figure turns around and then Tao jumps. "Look it's him! We were just talking about him and here he is-"

 

He grabs Sehun by the arm and drags him towards the figure, before Sehun has a chance to speak. 

 

"Hi Luhan." Tao smiles and Sehun begins to clench his fingers, in complete anger.

 

He couldn't believe it. It had been months since the two had last seen and talked to one another. Sehun didn't understand why his ex-lover was here anyways. Part of him wanted to run up to him and embrace Luhan so badly but then another part of him was just so heartbroken and hurt that he didnt want anything to do with him. At least of right now.  Because to Luhan, Sehun wasn't important enough. Because if he was, Luhan wouldn't have left and instead let Sehun explain his side of the story.

 

"This is-"

 

"Tao let's go." Sehun harshly replies, causing Tao to turn back in confusion. 

 

Tao blinks. "But I was just about to introduce you to-"

 

"I know who he is. Whether you like it or not, I'm leaving." Sehun responds, coldly turning his heels and begins to walk away completely unaware of the fact that Tao wasn't following him.

 

In the midst of everything, Luhan had just kept frozen. Afraid to start something that could rekindle their past memories. He notices how bitter Sehun had become and how he didn't even bother to acknowledge him. That's when Luhan's blood begins to boil. Because why was Sehun so angry? He was the one that got tricked into believing that Sehun had actually cared about him when everything was just a lie. Who gave Sehun the right to get so upset when everything was originally his fault anyways? 

 

"I'm sorry about... him." Tao sighs, interrupting Luhan's thoughts. "He just has a lot on his plate."

 

Luhan rolls his eyes. "I can see that."

 

"But he said that he knew who you were. Do you guys know each other by any chance? Because Sehun's never been great at making friends." Tao replies, raising an eyebrow. "Perhaps you guys have met before?"

 

"Yeah, especially with that y attitude of his."

 

"Huh?"

 

"Nothing. We're friends." Luhan lies and almost wants to throw up thinking of how he could ever be friends with Sehun after everything that's happened. "We had a misunderstanding so now he hates me."

 

"I'm sorry about that but that's going to be awkward." Tao says. "With him working here and you working here. I wonder how everything's going to turn out-"

 

"What do you mean, he's working here? What is he a staff member? A manager?"

 

"More like a celebrity." Tao laughs which leaves Luhan still confused. "You really don't know? Sehun's an actor. He's starring in that new drama with Lee Donghae and got really popular because of it. And now, technically he's one of the hottest actors as of right now. He has over twenty different huge brand named sponsers-"

 

"So in other words, your most likely going to have to work with him later on."

 

-

 

When Sehun enters the building the following day, he expects to be greeted by his manager to discuss his schdules for the day. But instead, when he opens the door to his dressing room, he spots Luhan organizing his clothes. When Luhan turns around, his smile falls upon being face to face with his ex-boyfriend. It was obvious that he too had no idea of this arrangement. But work was still work, so instead Luhan smiles slightly and bows, completely suprising Sehun, who just walks past him and takes a seat, grabbing a magazine to keep up with the latest scandals and news.

 

As he reads the magazine, he takes a peek of Luhan through the dressing room mirror, who just continues to stay quiet. Sehun clears his throat, getting tired of this awkward silence. "Why are you here?"

 

"Work."

 

Sehun rolls his eyes. Luhan knew that he hated hearing one word sentences but before Sehun could speak, Luhan interrupts, casually folding one of Sehun's t-shirt. "What about you?"

 

"Work." 

 

"Glad we got that out of the way-"

 

"Good morning!" Tao says brightly, as he barges into the room. Sehun rolls his eyes and turns his attention back to the magazine he was reading. "How are you guys today in this lovely morning? Have you been good to Luhan so far, Sehun? Because you too are practically going to see each other everyday-"

 

Sehun furrow his eyebrows and Luhan interrupts. "What are you talking about?"

 

"I convinced Kris to let you be Sehun's stylist as of right now. It took alot of work but you're welcome-"

 

"What?" Sehun and Luhan shout in unison.

 

"Why are you guys like this? I thought that you guys were friends. That's why I did it. I thought you guys would be happy. I didn't expect this to happen."

 

Sehun turns to Luhan and watches as Luhan's shoulders sag. "Can you leave us alone for a couple of minutes? I need to talk to him."

 

Luhan nods. "I'll be at the designing room. If you guys need me."

 

Sehun nods, watching as Luhan leaves the room to give the him and Tao some privacy. When Luhan leaves, Sehun turns to Tao in anger. "What the , Tao? What were you thinking? Don't answer that you weren't thinking."

 

Tao flinches, as he watches Sehun mumble on and on as he paces back in forth around the room. He didn't understand why Sehun was so mad. What was so wrong in trying to make two old friends reconcile and make up? He just wanted Luhan and Sehun to become friends again so that the two wouldn't be so awkward together. "Why are you so angry? I was just trying to help-"

 

Sehun scoffs, taking off his cap and brushing his hair away from his face, before putting it back on. "Help? Tao, thanks but I think you made this situation even worse."

 

"I don't understand. You guys used to be friends-"

 

"He's my ex-boyfriend. Luhan's my ex. Do you understand now?" Sehun asks, trying to fix himself before he gets too angry and breaks something. "Now, thanks to you I have to see him every ing day. You know what the best part is? You made him be my stylist. If he ever dresses me up like a giant ing pumpkin, I swear I'm going to-"

 

"Okay. Okay. I'm sorry." Tao responds, watching as Sehun slumps into an empty chair. "I didn't know. He just said that you guys were friends and that you guys had a misunderstanding. I didn't know that he was your ex. How was I supposed to know? You never introduced us to one another anyways. But don't you think this is an oppurtunity for you-"

 

"To do what exactly?" 

 

"To get your revenge?" Tao asks and Sehun begins to sit up from his seat, compeletly interested in the idea that Tao had suggested. "Since he is technically your stylist as of now, why don't you try by being super complicated and completely annoy the out of him. Act like a celebrity. Spoiled, cocky, with a y attitude-"

 

"And then?"

 

"He'll resign. Atleast, I guess. It'll take a couple of weeks tops until he resigns and then boom. He's gone out of your life again. Just like you wanted." Tao continues then he stops, realizing something. "But just because you hate him, doesnt mean I'm automatically going to hate him. I actually like him. He seems really nice and maybe he's a much more entertaining friend then you-"

 

"Get the out of my dressing room."

 

 -

 

"." Kyungsoo curses, when he feels a sharp pain in his index finger. What makes it worse is Jongin when he hears Jongin laughing beside him. He turns towards the latter and glares at him. 

 

"Aww poor baby got hurt because of a tiny papercut." Jongin laughs, getting up from his seat and walking towards his desk. He opens up his cabinet and searches for something. Once he retrieves what he needs, he returns to Kyungsoo's side, who begins to shove him away. Still offended by the coment Jongin had made a few seconds ago.

 

"Go away."

 

"Stop being so stubborn." Jongin replies, taking a seat next to Kyungsoo on the couch. He pulls Kyungsoo's hand towards him and begins to unwrap the bandage he had gotten from his desk. He lays the bandage on top of Kyungsoo's index finger and then smiles in satisfaction.

 

"There."

 

It's at that moment where Jongin notices how close they were. He stares upon Kyungsoo's delicate and soft features and Jongin completely begins to forget everything. He's completely mesmorized by Kyungsoo. His soft lips, his large bug eyes that could just pop out at any moment, every part of him looked so intriguing. Their hearts begin to beat in sync as Jongin leans in closer and closer towards Kyungsoo, who begins to blink his eyes innocently. They stay like this for a couple of seconds and makes Jongin question whether the beating of his heart has always been irregularly fast. Once their lips are only a few millimeters away from each other's, Jongin notices how soft and-

 

"Jongin do you have money?"

 

Jessica asks when she barges into Jongin's office, totally unaware that Kyungsoo and Jongin were having a moment. She stares at the two, who immediately pull apart from each other and begin sit on the opposite sides of the couch. She gives them a judging look and Kyungsoo clears his throat before standing up to take his leave. 

 

"I'll just- umm get back to my homework. I mean my work. I'm not in school anymore. I- umm graduated. That's why I'm here, working." Kyungsoo laughs awkwardly trying to avoid Jongin's gaze. He wants to cry at how embarrassing this whole conversation was. "Anyways umm goodbye." 

 

Jongin just continues to nod his head in agreement, as he tries to compose himself once again. If only his heart would stop beating so fast, it would make everything so much easier. He watches as Kyungsoo exits the room and tries his hardest not to look like a love sick fool in front of his sister.

 

Jessica raises an eyebrow. "What the heck? Were you guys about to-"

 

"No!" Jongin replies almost instantly. He closes his eyes to calm him down and then he sighs as he opens his eyes to face his sister. "Why are you here?"

 

Jessica holds out her hands and smiles, cutely. "I told you I needed money."

 

"No, you asked if I had money and yes I do have money. Lots and lost of it." Jongin brags. "And no I'm not going to give it to you just because you asked for it. Besides you never pay me back."

 

"Could you at least give me an early paycheck? Please?" Jessica begs, kneeling to the floor desperately. "I really need it."

 

"Why?"

 

"There's this new bag that I really like." Jessica explains and Jongin scoffs. Of course. But before Jongin has a chance to say no, Jessica continues. "I promise I'll pay you back."

 

"If I say yes then will you stop coming into my office without permission?"

 

Jessica nods, a huge smile forming on her face.

 

"Then no."

 

"What? Why?" Jessica asks, crossing her arms.

 

"Because you'll still do it anyways. You're just tricking me into giving you money for that new bag. If you want it that badly I suggest that you work overtime for itor even better actually start going to work. It's been 4 months since you've actually sold an actual property."

 

"Fine be like that you bastard."

 

-

 

Our engagement dinner is tonight at 8. Dont forget! I'll see you there.

 

Chanyeol reads the text that Lay had sent him. He checks the time and sighs. He was expecting to go home after work and never intended on going to dinner to prepare for his wedding. A wedding that he didn't even want in the first place. He ruffles his hair in annoyance and then writes a quick reply.

 

Okay. I'll see you there. 


A/N: Its been awhile since I've actually written all of the couples in a chapter. It's been mostly Baekyeol and Kaisoo but now that Hunhan's back, I can write Hunhan again. yay! And congrats to everyone who guessed that Sehun was a celebrity. I was going to make him a CEO of a clothing company, but then I was like there's already so much CEO's in this story! I know that the Hunhan part is pretty small but don't worry its just beginning. Are you #TeamLuhan or #TeamSehun ?

 

Btw, I have a new story! It's called Playing Pretend. Yay!