Blossoming Love

I Couldn't Stay Away

After another week of hell, it was finally Friday which meant that the week was finally over. Plus Kyungsooo had a date this evening with a very handsome date. So when the the clock hit excatly the time he was supposed to leave, Kyungsoo rushed out of the office and headed towards the parking lot, where Suho was waiting. He stood outside for a couple of minutes until he heard a honking noise that startled him and caused him to jump. 

 

As the windows rolled down, Suho smiled brightly. "Sorry to keep you waiting. I had a couple of things I had to do before I left. Get in."

 

Kyungsoo did as he was instructed and opened the door to the passanger's seat. He placed his belongings on the bottom of his seat and then buckled his seat belt. "It's okay. I actually just got here."

 

The drive to the resteraunt wasn't awkward anymore considering the fact that during their first car ride together Kyungsoo and Suho only made a couple of small conversations that ended abruptly. Now, the two had grown closer and even exchanged a couple of laughs when Suho told Kyungsoo about his day. 

 

"So how was your day?" Suho asked, glancing over at Kyungsoo when they reached a red light. "Was your boyfriend giving you a hard time today?"

 

Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows. "Boyfriend? I don't have a-"

 

"Jongin?" Suho raised an eyebrow, suspiciously. "You and Jongin are dating aren't you?"

 

"Oh yes. Jongin. My boyfriend." Kyungsoo faked a laugh. He couldn't believe that he almost blew his cover. He wanted to hit himself for being so stupid. "Sorry, I just had a long day of work and my brains kind of dead right now. And of course me and Jongin are dating. I was just a little lost-"

 

Suho laughed. "Don't worry about it. Everyone has those days. So do you mind eating Italian food today? I know this amazing place where they serve fresh, handmade pizza."

 

"That would be lovely. Thank you."

 

-

 

"Why do you keep checking your phone?" Chanyeol asked, as he took a sip of his wine. "Are you expecting a phone call or something?"

 

Jongin shook his head. The two were in Jongin's favorite Italian resteraunt. Jongin wanted to ask Kyungsoo out to dinner, but before Jongin could ask, Kyungsoo had already left without a word or even a goodbye. So instead he decided to have lunch with Chanyeol and catch up.

 

"No. It's nothing."

 

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure? You've been checking your phone since we got here. Is anything bothering you?"

 

"No. It's nothing. Really."

 

"Okay, if you say so." Chanyeol shrugged. As Jongins bestfriend, he knew something was wrong but he also knew that if Chanyeol kept bugging Jongin about the situation, Jongin would get annoyed and go home. Which was something that Chanyeol didn't want because he missed Jongin. The two haven't had a real conversation in a month. Because either Chanyeol was busy meeting with new clients or helping Baekhyun with his doctor's appointment.

 

"So how's Baekhyun?" Jongin asked, changing the topic of the conversation. He rolled his eyes in amusement, as he watched Chanyeol's face turn bright all of the sudden. 

 

"He's great." Chanyeol gushed. "And the baby's doing great too! We went to our first checkup and the doctor said that the baby should be due in August. Plus, Baekhyun agreed to move in with me."

 

Jongin smiled. At least his bestfriend a life was great. When Jongin took a sip of his drink, he began to wonder why Kyungsoo ran out of the building so quickly? Why was he in such a rush? What's more important than Kim Jongin? Nothing. 

 

Chanyeol turned his attention to a male figure entering the resteraunt and squinted his eyes to check if his eyes were playing tricks with him. "Hey isn't that Kyungsoo and Suho? Since when did they hang out?"

 

At the sound of Kyungsoo's name, Jongin turned his attention towards the door. He furrowed his eyebrows, as he watched Kyungsoo giggle at one of Suho's jokes and then playfully slap his shoulder. Jongin rolled his eyes and turned away. He couldn't believe that Kyungsoo was flirting with his cousin after Jongin specifically told him to stay away from Suho. 

 

"Should we invite them over?" Chanyeol suggested.

 

Jongin shook his head. "Don't. Let them do what they want."

 

"Okay." Chanyeol replied and then reached for his phone. He had a missed call from Baekhyun. Probably asking him when he was going to come back and asking him to possibly bring home take out or whatever wierd craving that Baekhyun had. "I actually have to go. It's getting late and I don't want Baekhyun to wait up on me. Do you mind if I leave first?"

 

Jongin smiled, as he thought of a brilliant idea. "Of course not."

 

-

 

"Baek, I'm home." Chanyeol said, as he took off his shoes and placed them on a rack so that Baekhyun wouldn't get mad at him.

 

It been only a couple of days since the two moved in together and they already manged to get into a fight. It wasn't a big fight but rather a stupid one. Baekhyun got mad at Chanyeol for always leaving his shoes around the house instead of the rack that was designed to keep their shoes organized. When Chanyeol was living alone, he would've never have to worry about leaving his things everywhere but now it was different. He loved living with Baekhyun but he sort of missed his independence. Maybe he just had to adjust to the fact that he wasn't going to be living alone anymore. 

 

Chanyeol smiled when he saw Baekhyun emerging into the living room to greet his boyfriend. Then Chanyeol became amused when as he saw Baekhyun holding a glass of milk on one hand and a half eaten sandwich on the other. It was hard to believe that Baekhyun was already 3 months pregnant. Baekhyun's baby bump became more noticeable when he lifted his shirt but could be easily hidden with a baggy shirt. And his cravings were already starting to kick in. 

 

Baekhyun approched Chanyeol and gave him a kiss on his cheek. "You're home! How was work today?"

 

"Tiring." Chanyeol sighed and then envolved Baekhyun into a tight embrace. "But at least I'm home with you now."

 

Although Baekhyun tried to get out of Chanyeol's embrace, Chanyeol kept still and continued to hug Baekhyun lovingly. "Chanyeol you're hugging me too tight. I missed you too but you're hurting our baby-"

 

Chanyeol smiled and broke away from Baekhyun. "Say it again."

 

Baekhyun raised an eybrow. "Chanyeol you're hugging me too tight?"

 

"No the other part."

 

"I missed you too but you're hurting our baby?" Baekhyun repeted himself, even though he didn't really know why he was repeting himself. "Why am I-"

 

"I just like hearing you say "our" baby. It's like music to my ears." Chanyeol smiled and Baekhyun begins to laugh at his boyfriend's cheesiness. 

 

"You're lucky you're cute."

 

-

 

When Kyungoo stepped inside of Suho's favorite resteraunt, he couldn't hep but remember Jongin. Who knew Suho's favorite resteraunt was the one Jongin often visited. Kyungsoo knew they were cousins but who knew they were so similar? Kyungsoo let out a small laugh when he remembered having dinner with Jongins mother in this resteraunt and how Jongin got upset at Kyungsoo for making up a story about how they first met. When Suho and Kyungsoo were finally seated, the waiter took their orders and in a matter of minutes came back with their food. 

 

"This was Jongin's favorite resteraunt too." Suho started, as he watched Kyungsoo take a bite of his pizza. "He comes here all the time and orders the same exact things. He doesn't like change."

 

Kyungsoo blinked. Why was Suho telling him this? He went to dinner with Suho so he didn't have to think of Jongin but instead here they were having a conversation about him. "I can see why you both like this place so much. The food here is delicious."

 

Suho smiled. He was glad that Kyungsoo was enjoying his food. "One of Jongin's ex-boyfriends own this resteraunt. Has he ever told you about him?"

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. The only ex boyfriend that Kyungsoo knew of was the one who cheated on Jongin with another close friend.  "I've only seen one of his ex boyfriends. He's very handsome."

 

"Which one?" 

 

"The one that cheated on him." Kyungsoo said softly. He didn't know why he was being all secretive. It's not like Suho didn't know. 

 

"They were pretty much inseperatable when they were in highschool because they were bestfriends even before they began dating. Jongin proposed to him twice after highschool but never recieved an answer from him. Jongin thought he just wasn't ready for marriage but it turned out that he was actually cheating on him with another close friend. It broke Jongin's heart and he became bitter about it. He even stopped trusting people. Then Jongin's father became ill and Jongin studied abroad for college. The two haven't met in years." Suho explained, letting out a deep sigh. 

 

Suho continued. "Ever since he was young, Jongin's been alone and even learned how to be independent. Jongin's not a bad person. He's just had a lot of his bad things happen to him in the past."

 

Kyungsoo never really thought of it that way. He always thought of Jongin a cold hearted . Kyungsoo never really noticed how hard working Jongin was. 

 

"So why don't you tell me something about yourself." Suho suggested, changing the subject. He noticed how uncomfortable Kyungsoo looked and decided it was time to change the subject. He didn't want to make Kyungsoo feel awkward.  "I bet you have alot of funny stories you have to share."

 

"Not really. I'm a really-"

 

"Babe!" Jongin interrupted, as he came up to the table and kissed Kyungsoo on the cheeks. Kyungsoo gasped, as he watched Jongin grab a chair from the table beside them and placed it beside Kyungsoo. Jongin took a seat and turned his attention towards Kyungsoo. Completely avoiding Suho's prescence. "What brings you here? I thought you said that you would be watching dramatic dramas all day today-"

 

Suho chuckled. "Dramatic dramas?"

 

Kyungsoo punched Jongin's shoulder, as a way to shut him up. But Jongin faked a laugh and put his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder. "So what are you guys doing today?" 

 

"I wanted Kyungsoo to taste my favorite pasta." Suho replied, as he swirled pasta onto his fork and extended it towards Kyungsoo's mouth. This caused Kyungsoo to be startled and blush. "Say ah."

 

"Ah." Jongin replied, as he put the pasta into his mouth. He chewed the pasta roughly, as he pictured the pasta as Suho. He faked a smile. "It's so good. No wonder you love that pasta so much."

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and stood up. "I have to go to the restroom. Jongin would you please go with me?"

 

"But I don't need to go-"

 

Kyungsoo cleched his fists and raised his voice. "Jongin would you please accompany me to the restroom."

 

"Of course, love." Jongin replied, as he stood up.

 

Suho watched, as the two made their way to the restroom with confusion on his face. He laughed, as he saw Kyungsoo hitting Jongin on the shoulder and Jongin rubbing it with pain on his face. He knew Jongin was jealous and Suho loved it. He hadn't seen Jongin jealous in years. Maybe Jongin was serious about Kyungsoo. Maybe Jongin found someone that could help him get rid of the pain his was in from the past. 

 

"What the hell are you trying to do?" Kyungsoo slapped Jongin's shoulder. "What the are you doing here?"

 

"I was here first." Jongin replied and rubbed his arm. "You know that really hurt."

 

"What's going to hurt is when I slice your if you don't leave." Kyungsoo replied, gritting his teeth. 

 

Jongin scoffed. "Why should I leave? Like I said I got here first. As in I got here before you and if anyone should leave it should be you."

 

-

 

"Where'd he go?" Jongin asked, as they returned to their empty table. "Did he leave?"

 

Kyungsoo sighed, as he read the message that Suho had texted him while Jongin and Kyungsoo were in the restroom. "He said that he had to leave and that he paid for the meal. Well I'll be leaving now-"

 

Before Kyungsoo could leave, Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo's arm. "Stay. Why are you leaving so fast? Just because Suho left doesnt mean you should leave. You probably haven't eated for a while so let's just eat and I'll drop you home."

 

Kyungsoo sighed. Jongin was right. Kyungsoo was starving and wasting food isn't the right thing to do at this moment. He should stay not because of Jongin but because of food. Besides, Suho had already paid for the food beforehand and it wouldnt be right to waste Suho's money by not consuming the food.  

 

"Fine. But right after we finish eating, you take me home."

 

-

 

"What are they doing?" Kyungsoo asked, as he pointed towards the other side of the resteraunt. Compared to the side they were sitting in, the other side had a band and was filled with smiles and giggles, as everyone began to stand up and dance to the rhythm of the band. It was a completely different atmphose than the side they were sitting in. 

 

"Dancing. On fridays a band comes here perform to the customers. They only have it on that side of the resteraunt because the owner was afraid that it might disturb some customers because of the loud music. So they decided to put the band on the other side." Jongin explained, turning around to watch everyone dancing happily with one another. It reminded him of his highschool days, where all of his friends would gather and dance to relieve the stress that school brought. 

 

However, when the music changed to a slower beat, Jongin and Kyungsoo watched as couples began to emerge on the dance floor. A women placed her head her boyfriend's chest and then her boyfriend protectively held on to her waist. The couple swayed their hips to the rhythm of the song and never left each other's embrace. Jongin sighs and turns around to face Kyungsoo, who continued to sway his head to the beat of the song. It takes Kyungsoo a minute to realize that Jongin was staring at him and then quickly stops swaying his head and fakes a cough. Well this was awkward.

 

Jongin chuckles a bit when Kyungsoo avoids his gaze and takes a drink. Jongin then stands up and takes slow steps towards Kyugnsoo's side of the table. Kyungsoo blinks, innocently when he sees Jongin extending his hand out to him. 

 

"Dance with me."

 

Kyungsoo widens his eyes but then quickly begins to shake his head. He can't dance even if his life depended on it. He can't embarrass himself. Not in front of Jongin. "I don't think that's a good idea-"

 

"Come on." Jongin smiles and Kyungsoo almost changes his mind. But before Kyungsoo could respond, Jongin gently takes Kyungsoo's hand. Jongin smiles slightly, which causes Kyungsoo's heart to beat. Faster than the rhythm of the song that the band was currently playing. Kyungsoo's never felt like this around Jongin before. Slowly, Kyungsoo begins to stand up and Jongin leads him to the other side of the resteraunt.

 

"I'm not going to bite. You can lean on me if you want to." Jongin states.

 

It takes a couple of seconds for Kyungsoo to process what Jongin said. Because the two were already so close next to each other and he couldn't believe that Jongin was actually allowing him to move in closer to him. But neverthelesss, Kyungsoo gradually places his head on Jongin's broad chest and begins to close his eyes. He feels warm hands begin to embrace him and for the first time in a really long time. He feels protected and safe. 

 

"Never in a million years did I think I would slow dance with someone." Kyungsoo admits, with his eyes still closed. He hears Jongin laugh softly and Kyungsoo begins to smile. 

 

Jongin raises an eyebrow. "And why is that?"

 

"Because I can't dance."

 

Jongin laughs and continues to sway their hips to the rhythm of the band. "Everyone can dance, Kyungsoo. It's just that some are better than others."

 

"How about you? Are you like the others that can't dance like me or are you one of the very few people that were blessed with dancing abilities?" Kyungsoo asked in curiousity. 

 

"Well not to brag or anything but I did win some medals back in my highschool days." Jongin states. "But that was back then. It was just a hobby of mine but I haven't danced in forever and to be honest, I thought I wouldn't be able to dance again. But thanks for dancing with me today. It brought back alot of memories."

 

"Why did you stop if it was a hobby you enjoyed?" Kyungsoo asked, finally begining to open his eyes but stilll kept his head on Jongin's chest. Jongin just felt so warm and comforting that Kyungsoo didn't want to let go. 

 

Jongin sighs. "When my father died, my mother made me study abroad so that I could be successful and provide for the family. I didn't have time to dance while  I was abroad because I was always at school. So I gave up-"

 

Ever since he was 18, Jongin's been alone and learned how to be independent. Jongin's not a bad person. He's just had a lot of his bad things happen to him in the past. Kyungsoo remembered Suho say. 

 

"Jongin." 

 

Jongin hmmed. "Yes?"

 

"I don't think you're an ."

 

"Umm okay. Thanks I guess." Jongin laughed. 

 

And throughout the rest of the night, the two continued to dance to the rhythm of the band. Kyungsoo's head remained on Jongin's chest, while Jongin continued to place his hands on Kyungsoo's petite figure. That night marked the begining of Kyungsoo's blossoming love of Jongin. Never in a million years did he expect that to happen.