Broken

Sing With Me

Narrative P.O.V

His phone rang and it was Jonghoon. He picked it up; “Eung(yes), hyung, gwetchana?”  “Is everything okay, I heard from manager hyung something urgent came up?” Hongki explained to him what happened with Eunjung unnie and he needed him to tell the rest of the members what happened and also prepare dinner for them. He hung up and took off his shoes as he walked down the long hallway.

He searched the main floor, inside the huge living room was a 64 inch plasma flat screen TV, below the TV was a fire place with old bricks surrounding the frame, a dark red L shaped couch, a small black foot stool in front, glass table, and a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The floor were authentic dark brown wood, and the walls were white and had some black birds, petals, butterflies and flower patterns. It was really pretty and modern looking. He explored the house some more and each room seemed like it was getting bigger and bigger, “how is that possible? This house must be like 1,000 000 dollars, not including the furniture.” He thought to himself. The kitchen had a black electric touch stove, a velvet red stove underneath, the counters were marvel brown and the cupboards were black and red. A microwave that was black and big was on the side and had western country style bricks around the frame. A few meters across the stove was a long counter that was stretched out and aligned to the kitchen, and a few red expensive height adjustable chairs attached with silver poles were built into the ground. He was astonished by all the expensive furniture in the house. “Quit getting distracted Hongki!!” He told himself.

He traveled around the 4 story mansion and finally found her up in her room. If he hadn’t heard her weeps it would have taken him much longer to find her in this maze-like home. He opened the door quietly and started tearing up when he saw her rocking back and forth, and had her arms wrapped around her legs. Hiding her face behind her knees and crying out loud. He walked slowly towards her but made his existence noticeable, so he wouldn’t startle her. He knelt down in front of her and wrapped his arms around her and her back as she let out her cries. He felt the beating of her heart, which was fast as a horse’s speed, her continuous in and out breath intake was making her choke, but she still continued weeping in Hongki’s arm. She didn’t care to notice who was comforting her, and she didn’t have the strength to push him away. She just continued crying, and hasn’t eaten for days. Hongki looked at his watch and realized time was passing by and he needed to take her to his dorm before the traffic got worse. He untangled his arms around her and he put one hand underneath her knee and the other hand supported her back, as he stood up and carried her to his car. He placed her in the front seat and strapped on her seatbelt. She was still unaware of what was happening because she kept her face hidden in her palm. The drive back to FT Islands dorm took 35 minutes due to traffic. Once he arrived he opened her side door and unbuckled the seatbelt and walked her into the dorm while her arm was around Hongki’s neck. She staggered down the hallway, with Hongki’s support. Her condition made it hard for her brain to control her body. She was like a zombie, her puffy red eyes drifted away from reality; her head faced down at the ground, and her hearing became numb. She tried to follow up with his pace but her body answered differently. Before she knew it, everything became a blur as she fainted in his arms.