Eight

It (Lies) In the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

lots of jumps this chapter but this is how yoongi and jimin deal with their feelings

--

Jimin is the first one to wake up in the apartment. He wakes up with the feeling of peace that you only see or read in movies and fiction novels—soft white light peeking through the blinds, birds chirping—things like that that makes him forget it's halfway through October. Then again, he figures he's just in a really good mood. Jimin doesn't feel anything close to a hangover other than a bit of a parched throat, thank god.

            He slowly sits up from the airbed, and then he sees Min Yoongi's back facing him. Suddenly, Jimin's overly conscious of every move that he makes—his breathing, his position, where his hands are—and his breathing halts for the hot second that Yoongi takes to move from a side position to where he's facing back up. He grumbles a little bit in his sleep that makes Jimin's heart melt. Out of spontaneity, Jimin grabs his phone right by him, and snaps a quick picture.

            However, at the same time that Jimin’s enthusing over Yoongi, he remembers his realization from last night. The thought does scare him because he really shouldn’t be having feelings, especially towards someone that doesn’t feel the same way. Just thinking about it makes Jimin’s stomach churn a little and his chest ache a little. He stares at the photo he’s taken, and hovers right over the delete button, but he can’t really find the guts to either. To counter this tender moment, Jimin brings up Snapchat and snaps the same picture of a sleeping Yoongi again, but this time, scribbling stupid designs over his face. Jimin giggles almost silently as he’s finishing his masterpiece, then sends the snap to everyone in the apartment.

            Placing the phone back down, he also lies onto his side, facing Yoongi. Like as if he was on cue, Yoongi turns onto his side, this time facing Jimin; suddenly, Jimin’s staring right at him, soft breaths tickling his neck. He now recalls how as they were finally heading to bed after their talk on the balcony, Yoongi said that he was going to sleep on the air bed too, making Jimin’s heart thump hard in his chest for the hundredth time that night. Yoongi made a quick addition, saying that he didn’t want to bother Hoseok by going into his room and having to pull out the futon, but Jimin honestly didn’t really mind. He didn’t mention that he didn’t mind, but just nodded and before he knew it, both of them were wrapped under the blankets, fast asleep.

            For a moment, Jimin believes in love—that this feeling must be what it feels to be in a loving relationship—and it’s completely worth it. But he quickly makes himself also believe that he’s overreacting. They were platonic, friends under the basis of both having a vendetta against romance.

            Park Jimin is a hypocrite.

Before he’s able to wallow in more self-deprecation over his feelings, shuffling could be heard and Jin emerges from his room. As an instinct (from Taehyung often barging into their room loudly and unannounced), Jimin pretends to be asleep.

“Oh, hm, Yoongi slept here.” Jimin hears Jin mumble to himself as he shuffles past them to the bathroom. “That’s cute.”

No, it is not cute. Jimin tries to think to himself. Jin most likely didn't mean anything by it really, but it still makes his unknown feelings worse. He squeezes his eyes tighter and curls up into himself.

 

-

 

            Jimin wakes up for the second time, this time to the laughter of his friends. Everyone is awake now and he wonders how long he’s been out.

            “Jimin is up!” Taehyung points out. He comes over next to Jimin with his phone in hand. “We’re looking at Yoongi-hyung’s music!”

            He raises an eyebrow at this. He knows Yoongi was a music major, but he’s never mentioned that he’s made music before.

            “His…music?” he asks groggily.

            “Yes!!! Yoongi hyung, Namjoon hyung and Hoseok hyung all produce their own music!” Taehyung enthuses excitedly. “Man I wish I could rap, too. You should listen to their cyphers!”

            Jimin makes eye contact with Yoongi, who’s looking a little shy as (what Jimin assumes is) Yoongi’s music playing from the laptop.

            “What the heck, you never told me!” Jimin shouts, feigning anger as he stumbles and stomps over to Yoongi.

            “I—uh—”

            “You never told me you made music, hyung. That's so cool,” Jimin calms down and peers over to the laptop.

            “Yeah...I usually don't announce it to the world.”

            “Except he has a soundcloud with all his music, out there in the world,” Hoseok adds with a roll of his eyes.

            “What's your soundcloud?” Jimin asks.

            “It's uh—it's AgustD.”

            Taehyung immediately minimizes the iTunes window and goes to the browser and types in soundcloud. The web bar immediately suggests AgustD's soundcloud.

            “Is it this?”

            “Yeah,” Yoongi answers. Jimin takes a glance at Yoongi through the side of his eyes. He can't tell if Yoongi has always acted so quiet and sort of shy, or if it's just Jimin's imagination because he's hyper-aware of him. Jimin still feels his face get hot when he looks at him, so he quickly returns his gaze back to the screen, but with a small smile on his face because Yoongi is really, quite attractive.

 

-

 

            It seems that this discovery of Yoongi's other side—this rough voiced, gritty yet emotional music producer makes Jimin all the more interested in getting to know him. With that, Jimin has been able to bear with his new found feelings and find a whole world of things to talk about. As friends, of course. Even then, Jimin feels like they're at a good state right now.

            “So when did you write this one?” Jimin asks as he places two coffees (well, his being coffee flavored sugar) on the table of the co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter