Two

It (Lies) In the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Weeks pass by without encountering each other again, Jimin almost regrets not asking for Yoongi's number because it was really really fun to talk and hang out with him. But when he receives a B- in his latest pop quiz, he crashes down to reality. He's been wasting time. Wasting time searching up different pizza combinations Yoongi and he might like. Wasting time online shopping because damn, Yoongi's outfits were on point. Taehyung occasionally catches Jimin and jokes, “Oh my god, you're not studying? Are you really my roommate Park Jimin? What have you done with him?”. Jimin has been wasting all this time trying to find a connection—somewhere, somehow, that would lead him back to the elder.

Then he takes one look at his planner and realizes midterms are arriving within a week. He needs to keep his grades up not only because he needs that scholarship so that he's on a full ride, but also he's worked so hard already.

Jimin wants to cry at how easily he's distracted, and within that day, he decided there was no time to fool around anymore. He should have known, though, that this was going to happen. He knows he's too nice to the wrong people. The day they met, Jimin never intended to become Yoongi's friend; they were just strangers looking at the same bulletin board. Yoongi introduced himself to Jimin first, and it was common courtesy to respond accordingly. He didn't intend to bump into Yoongi at the party, but even though they left the place together, Yoongi asked him to go eat first. Jimin could have stopped it right there, but it turns out Yoongi is right, Jimin's is just too friendly. Now he's left with dropped grades and a feeling of emptiness inside.

Jimin practically lives in the university's library for the week as a result, only returning to his dorm to sleep a few hours or get a book for research. He had been successful so far, with only two more days until the start of test week, he feels a lot less nervous. Studying cleared his mind and allowed him to focus on what's really important and the reason he came to college: to learn and graduate with a degree for a better future.

He feels so confident until he sees that black beanie with the word “Swag” embroidered in curly letters pass by him. He turns around so quickly his head is filled with lights swimming in his eyes for several seconds. But he knew it was him. The way he walked gave it away.

Jimin turns back to his books and sighs. He should continue studying and researching and making sure he didn't forget anything that he might not know on the exams. He also should be mad at Yoongi for making him become like this but at the same time, he missed Yoongi. There's such a weird power that Yoongi has over him—it's kind of like the time with the noona—no, no...Jimin cannot allow himself to feel that way again.

The day after the party, his roommate Taehyung had texted him about where he went because he couldn't find him. Jimin simply replied that he was with a friend, earning a mocking response of “Oh you had other friends??? hahahah jk ily bro dont sell my games pls”. It was weird indeed, he thought for bit. Yes, they've only hung out once, but it was one of the most fun nights he's had ever since starting college (granted, that wasn't very long). Even though his grades suffered, Jimin figures he really did make a new friend within those two times he was with Yoongi, or at least he hoped Yoongi felt the same way.

Jimin was much too curious to see if Yoongi did, if Yoongi was studying too, if Yoongi maybe wanted to go get pizza again, if Yoongi also missed him. He gives in to his curiosity, packs up quickly, and walks in the direction of where Yoongi seemed to have passed. He sneaks quietly, as to not look too conspicuous, but in the end, he's met with a, “You okay there?”

Jimin whips his head around in embarrassment and is about to bow down to apologize for being such a weird person, except he sees the one person he was looking for, right in front of him with a catty smirk and sharp eyes.

“Hyung!” Jimin yells a little too happily and then quickly covers his mouth, hoping he didn't disturb anyone too much.

“What is it that you were doing?”

“Uh...” he pauses but soon after answers meekly but honestly, “Looking...for you.”

Yoongi laughs lightly a little, and Jimin is happy to see it again. “Have you been trying to find me?”

“No!” Jimin answers a little too quickly, attempting to cover the heat of embarrassment on his cheeks. “J-just...I thought I saw you, and yeah...”

“Were you studying?”

He nods, “The whole week.”

“Mm...well...I shouldn't bother you then, right?”

“It-it's okay, I finished for today. I think I'll be good for midterms,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter