◆-Epilogue

Raising Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been two weeks since they left.

 

Two mind-boggling, heart-wrenching, tear filled weeks.

 

Though, only two weeks had passed, her body had changed drastically; she'd lost so much weight that her flesh hanged from her weakened bones, her once voluminous and shiny hair was now replaced with lifeless and dry strands. Her eyes which were once vibrant and filled with passion were now nothing but an empty abyss that reflected the current state of her soul.

 

Abandonment, the only feeling she felt at first as the letter slipped from her fingers the day of the Blue butterfly ball, then that abandonment was washed away when betrayal crept its way into her mind. Soon after loneliness entered the mix but wash consumed when anger took its turn at her emotions. After three days her rage towards the boys disappeared and from that point on she felt nothing.

 

The underneath of her eyes had grown swollen and darker as her complexion dimmed from its original shade all from the lack of sleep, but as the weekend faded away, she made the decision to not die in her room alone; she had made the decision to move on with her life and not throw it away. As she looked in the mirror she couldn’t stand the fact that she had grown so weak both mentally and physically. She wanted to tear her ears out every time she heard her mother’s muffled cries of sorrow at night all because she couldn't help her daughter as she slowly threw her life away.

 

She was disgusted with herself as she looked in the mirror and saw what she had become within such a short space of time. Though, she still felt lifeless and empty, she made a vow to herself; that she wasn't going to throw away her life because of love, she wasn’t going to become a pathetic and feeble human because of something as stupid as love. She wasn’t about to give up, she still had her mother, Namjoon and the rest of her friends still here by her side and that's all she needed.

 

So bright and early Monday morning, before the sun made its presence known, she woke up. As the morning brightened, she sat in the shower and thoughts of how the students at school would look at her after being gone for two weeks. Would the bullying start again? Would they look at her with disgust? What rumours would they have possibly spread with her absence?

 

It wasn’t until her fingers began to prune did she decided to get out the shower and get ready for school. As she finished dressing she placed her hair into a neat pony-tail before she headed towards the living and greeted her mother, who's jaw was hanging open as her daughter left to go to school for the first time in two weeks.

 

To her surprise, her first period went by quietly. It wasn't surprising that most of the students stared at her whenever they got the chance, she was surprised that there were no whispers, no dirty looks as she walked the hall ways, no looks of disgust or petty that she normally would have gotten and no insults or rotten food thrown her way, all she got was stares and even that didn't unnerve her like it normally would have before.

 

As the period came to an end, she gathered her books and headed to her locker, the faster she reached her next period, the faster she could leave.

 

The hallways were as rowdy as they usually were and she didn't like it, she didn't like being around people, the mere fact of being in the same room as anyone other than her mother or Namjoon at this point made her feel uncomfortable.

 

As she came to a halt in front her lockers, she felt as though someone was watching her but paid no mind to her intuitions. She opened her locker and bundle of notes fell at her feet, she picked them up and counted six, and each hand a name written on them. A ghostly smile appeared on her lips as she thought about the boys.

 

The first week of her disappearance they’d come and visit every day, they shouted her name, threw rocks at her window and screamed the occasional 'come back' or 'we miss you' but she'd ignored their calls and pulled the curtains at her window, there was even a time she dreamt of Namjoon sneaking in her room and holding her at night, it felt so real.

 

As the second week approached, they stopped coming, she was both relieved and disappointed. The thought of seeing them at school made her scare; what would they think of her when they saw her? But she got a flutter in her stomach at the thought of Namjoon being there for her, but then she looked at the letters and she felt as though she was having Deja vu, before a tear could slip from her eyes she made her way to the washroom, locked a cubicle and read the letters.

 

She opened the first letter and made her way down, as she reached Namjoon's, her eyes were already red and filled with painful tears, as she read the ending, her heart dropped, just as the letters did to the ground and her tears fell.

 

…they left too

 

…no one loved her enough to stay

 

As she lost herself once again in her sadness, she didn't notice the hand that swiftly snatched one of the letters from under the cubicle, it wasn't until a vengeful voice shouted, did she come to her senses.

 

My Love?!

 

Your Mate, NAMJOON??!

 

Kang Sora! if you don't get your ugly out here I’ll break this door down and snap that pretty l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter