Destiny Works

L.Joe's Bride

Before anything else, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOO JIHO! :) BLOCK B, FIGHTING!!!

 

--

Chapter 27: Destiny Works

5 years later…

“Kim Hana!” Minji called me as she barged into my pad.

I looked at myself at the mirror and smiled. It’s his wedding day.

“Come on now! We’ll be late for the wedding!” She yelled at me.

I chuckled. “Coming!” I told her as I sprayed on my perfume then walked out of the room with my formal dress.

It feels so different. Walking into someone’s wedding. This is my first time. So, I feel really excited.

I mean, who wouldn’t be excited to witness a sacred ceremony of two people with mutual hearts being as one in the eyes of everyone and of God?

Minji looked at me. “Wow! You actually worked hard to look good, huh?” She teased me.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head at her. “You know what? Let’s just go. I know your boyfriend can’t wait to see you already.” I told her.

Her boyfriend? Oh yeah. Remember the Harem Magnet guy? Oh, he’s really the Uptight Mr. Lee.

Minji was so shocked to her bones when she finally got to meet him. First, she was really scared of Mr. Lee because the way I told her about him is kind of creepy. Well, he is really creepy.

I mean, how in the world did he think he was uptight when he was so confident when he was chatting with Minji on the dating app? And his name. Please.

That’s the lamest thing I have ever heard in my whole life.

But heck, maybe opposites really attract because the more Minji and Mr. Lee spent time together, the more they got attracted to each other. Right now, they are dating for almost 4 years and I am waiting for her to get married soon too.

*giggles*

I can’t wait to see her walking on the aisle with her white fashionable wedding dress.

We drove off to a resort in Busan. It’s where the wedding would take place.

When we arrived, there are already a lot of people around. Everyone is in all smiles for this wedding.

I looked to the rocky area of the shore and saw the Jiho sitting on one of the big rocks. I smiled to myself and walked to him.

“Hey,” I greeted as I looked at him. I wanted to sit too but my dress forbids me to.

He looked at me and smiled.

“Why is the groom having an emotional moment here?” I and he chuckled at me.

Yes. It’s Woo Jiho’s wedding.

His wedding with Park Sohyun, his underground girl rival.

What happened to us?

I don’t know. I guess, we both fell out of love. Or he did. I began to take my work to the heart and started to have less time for him. I was busy with work and I have never thought he would be busy falling in love with someone else. Or maybe we are just not really meant to be.

At first, it hurts. Of course it would. But I grew onto it. I’ve moved on.

And now, after 3 years of being together, they are finally getting married.

It wasn’t that easy for them anyway.

(A/N: I’m going to make a separate story for them. Just wait. ^v^)

But I’ve seen how they treasured each other. That even though they always bicker, at the end of the day, their love for each other still prevailed.

It was such a cute love-and-hate relationship.

I actually remember someone when I look at this couple.

Just someone.

“Hana,” Jiho called me as he looked down. “I’ve always waited for this day. This day that I would wait for the girl I really love in front of the altar. I’ve always dreamed of this.” He told me.

I smiled and continued to listen.

Of course, as much as it’s every man’s dream, it’s just as much as every woman’s dream. To be walking in that aisle while everyone is looking at you, smiling widely and feeling happy for you.

“But now that it’s finally that day, I feel so scared.” He continued. “I feel so nervous and I think I would throw up anytime. A lot of questions are lingering inside my head. A lot of what ifs. A lot of doubts.” He continued. His voice felt sincere.

Well, Woo Jiho was always sincere. He was always that one perfect man that I am glad to have met once in my life.

“Do you love her?” I asked him.

He looked at me and smiled. “So ing much more than my life.” He smiled weakly. “Even though she always throws a big tantrum over the smallest of things, I can’t imagine my life without her. Even though she thinks she’s not that pretty to your level, I still think she’s the most beautiful person in the world. I love her and I would give everything for her. Hell, I would always fold when she wants me to. I would always lose all the arguments for her. I would always make her my boss. She’s my boss. Always and forever.” He told me and I can see tears b in his eyes.

I smiled at him. “Then you have nothing to worry about.” I told him. “Jiho, you’ve always told me what love is. You’re the expert in love. You shouldn’t feel this way.” I took a deep breath.

“Look at the sea.” I told him and he did. “The sea may look calm now but there are times that it’s dangerous because of the storms and hurricanes.”

I smiled and looked at the sun almost setting. “But the sea never wavers. It’s still there. It never goes away. The water and the creatures inside it are still there. Holding on to each other.” I continued. “Just like love, Woo Jiho, no matter how hard it would be, when you’re holding onto each other’s hands tightly, you will never waver.”

“Believe in the power of love. Believe in the power of your love for each other. Marriage is just a formality. You’ve been loving each other for so long. You’re just going to continue and make it stronger.” I told him. “Just believe in your love.”

He looked at me and smiled. “I honestly didn’t think you would be the one telling me these things.” He teased me and I glared at him. “You too, Hana.” I looked at him. “You must find that one true love of your life. You should love again.” He smiled at me as he stood up. “You deserve to be happy, Hana. Stop waiting and look for him. We have failed. And I think it’s destiny working right now.”

“You have never had another relationship after me. Maybe you are destined to that certain someone.” He told me. “You two have waited long enough. You should start your forever now too.” He smiled at me.

I laughed at him. “Start forever now huh? He didn’t even come back from abroad.” I told him.

He smiled and shrugged. “You don’t know how destiny works, Hana. All you have to do is believe.” He told me then he walked to the wedding area already.

I narrowed my eyes at his back. He’s such a tease as well.

I shook my head and turned to the sea again. I smiled to myself and thought of what Jiho had told me.

Start forever? Psh.

Is he talking about Lee Byunghun? My “The One That Got Away”.

About him, after telling him that I’m choosing Jiho over him, he tried his best to stay away from me. He was still working at the resort project but he put it to a pause. Until I didn’t have any news to what happened to that project.

Mr. Lee told me that someone bought the rights to the project because L.Joe went out of the country for their business’ expansion. Well, and also because of me and Woo Jiho.

I have never heard another word from him or about him after that. He just disappeared.

I can’t really blame him. I think it was also for the best. For me and Jiho and for himself as well.

I heard that their business has about more than 20 branches from around the world now. L.Joe became successful. I am happy for him.

He may lose his love but at least he did something for his family.

“Why aren’t you in the wedding area?”

I froze when I heard that voice.

His voice. I can’t be wrong. It’s really his voice.

I slowly turned my head to the voice who spoke. I was right. I know I was right.

“Byunghun,” I gasped.

He walked beside me and faced the sea as well.

I stared at him from his side. He’s still the same. He’s still that handsome short guy. He’s still that guy who looks cool.

Is this why Jiho was talking about starting the forever now?

I looked at the wedding area and I saw Minji, Mr. Lee and Jiho smiling at me with their thumbs up. They planned this, didn’t they?

“It’s been a while, Kim Hana.” L.Joe spoke as he lifted his head to the sky while his eyes are closed, feeling the ocean breeze.

I stared at him. This feels surreal. How could I think about him and then he shows up all of a sudden?

He looked at me and smiled. “Did you ever miss me?” He asked me as he cocked his head to the side. “Because I did. Every single damn day.”

My heart suddenly stopped beating. I have felt this before. I have felt this before when he’s too close to me. When he’s talking too sincerely about his heart.

And I am feeling it again now.

“When did you come back?” I asked him. I don’t know why that’s the next thing that I told him. I am lost in my thoughts once again.

This is his wonder.

To make me confused.

“Last week.” He told me. “Finished a deal in Argentina. Then I got an invitation from Jiho to attend his wedding. So I went home.” He replied.

I nodded at him. Here I am again. Lost in words.

“I thought he was marrying you.” He told me.

I looked at him.

“I thought I completely finally lost.” He chuckled. “I guess not.” He added.

“We didn’t work out. I mean, Jiho and I.” I told him.

He chuckled. “I heard.” He replied.

“I guess we’re not perfect match after all.” I chuckled and shook my head.

L.Joe stared at me and smiled. “So, you understand now?” he asked me.

I narrowed my eyes on him. What do I understand?

He moved closer and smiled at me. “So I guess, you already understand who you are destined to be with, Kim Hana.” He told me. “10 years.” He breathed as he held my cheeks. “I have waited for 10 years to finally have this moment. I failed to make it to your heart 5 years ago and now, I swear to God, I’m never going to fail.”

I looked into his eyes and his eyes are staring back at me but they seem like they are smiling, sparkling and longing.

“Let’s do it right this time, Hana.” He told me. “Let’s start from the top.” He smiled. “I want us to start from scratch again and leave every painful memory behind.”

I stared at him, shocked of what’s happening. He’s confessing. He still wants me back.

“Don’t you know how long I’ve waited for this to happen?” He asked me. “All clear. No other woman. No other man. Just us. And our love.” He caressed my cheeks. “I almost got tired of waiting. But right now, seeing your face close to mine, seeing your eyes looking into mine, all the waiting paid off.”

“After all these years, even after hurting me to the bones,” He breathed. “I’m still stupidly, deeply in love with you, Kim Hana. So much. I love you so much.” Then he planted a kiss on my forehead. I couldn’t help but smile. Finally. 

 

 

----

Soon! :) Before 2014 ends, I will start this story. Promise! :) 

So don't be sad Zico stans. I'm going to make him happy too. :)

PS: It's true. This is an L.Joe fic, so... :)

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY! :)

I'll be gone for 3 days because of my training. See you soon (on Thursday! ^^)! :)

 

- RChampagne <3