Caring For You

L.Joe's Bride

Chapter 24: Caring for You

I looked at Mr. Lee beside me. He is listening attentively to Mrs. Jung who is presenting to us the total gross profit of the company for the month and the expected gains for the next months.

I eyed him from his face to his body. His posture is really good. His back is straight and he always looks so serious.

If he is the Lee Jonghyun – Harem Magnet man who’s on the dating app with Minji… He can’t be. The Harem man’s messages are so not Mr. Lee-like.

“Kim Hana.”

I was shaken out of my thoughts as I heard L.Joe get my attention.

“Ah? Yes?” I asked.

L.Joe narrowed his eyes on me then he looked at Mr. Lee who is looking at me with a confused expression.

But why is L.Joe’s face a bit pale? Is he sick?

“I was asking if you have questions on the report presented.” L.Joe repeated but his eyes are still looking mad.

What made him mad again?

But really, his lips looked pale. It’s like he’s weak.  

I pretended to look into the report again. Before saying, “None. It was well done.” I told them all and smiled at Mrs. Jung who just bowed at me.

I gave L.Joe a quick glance and he is still looking at me.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“Are you okay?” Mr. Lee asked me.

I nodded. Should I ask him if he is Harem Magnet? But what if he isn’t? I’m just going to embarrass myself.

“You don’t look fine at all.” He whispered at me. “Something’s bothering you, Ms. Kim.” He added.

I smiled and nodded. “But it’s not a big deal.” I told him immediately before he asks me what’s bothering me.

He nodded and fixed the folders in front of him. Then his phone beeped.

I raised my brow and watched him as he typed on his phone. I know for sure that he would not – never – join those kinds of things. I mean, he said he doesn’t seem to be that kind of man. He’s edgy and oversensitive.

But hell, maybe he has that inner playboy aura inside him? Ha!

“Ahem.”

Mr. Lee and I looked at L.Joe who coughed. L.Joe is glaring at me and Mr. Lee, so, I narrowed my eyes on him.

“Can I talk to you for a second, Kim Hana?” L.Joe spoke.

I raised my brow. “Talk to me now.” I replied. I can’t leave Mr. Lee. I have to ask him if he’s Harem Magnet.

“I can’t.” He retorted.

I was about to protest but then, “I have to talk to you alone.” He reiterated. “Follow me to my office.” He ended as he left the conference room.

Mr. Lee looked at me confused. “What’s wrong with him? He always seems like he is going to eat somebody.” He told me.

I sighed and got my things then followed L.Joe. “I’ll see you later, Mr. Lee.” I told him.

He nodded and bowed.

I walked fast to L.Joe’s office thinking about what he would tell me. This better not be another of his drama again.

His secretary told me to just walk inside his office. So I did. I opened the door and entered like a boss but he wasn’t inside. I mean, he must be here but I can’t see him.

“Byunghun,” I called as I placed my things on the couch. “Hey, don’t play games with me. I have a lot of things to do. I don’t have time for this.” I hollered as I looked for him.

His office is huge. Like mine. Why? Why does he get a huge office when this is not even his territory? I wonder how big his office in Lee Group building is.

I suddenly heard something fall in the direction of the toilet.

I walked closer. “Lee Byunghun,” I called once again. “Where are you? Geez! Stop these games!” I whined as I approach the toilet door.

I was about to turn the knob but the door suddenly opened and L.Joe appeared in front of me, looking pale and weak.

I suddenly began to panic. “H-hey.” It was all I could say.

He was looking weak and pale and all I could feel is overflowing anxiety.

Yeah. How could you see the person you love looking like this?

Ugh. No, conscience. Not today please.

“Hana,” he voice out weakly. His eyes are half open and I think he threw up in the bowl. “I…can’t…” He could even continue what he was about to say because he fainted on me.

“Byunghun? Byunghun? Byunghun!” I tried to shake him but his head is resting on my shoulder and his whole body is leaning on mine.

“Mr. Nam!” I called on to his secretary. I just hope he hears me. “Mr. Nam!” I shouted once again as I hold on to L.Joe’s arms. “Hey,” I tried to wake him up. “Byunghun,” I shook him but he was not moving.

I shut my eyes and gave all my energy to move him to the couch.

It was hard. He was heavy. Why is he heavy? He seemed so thin!

I laid him on the couch after then ran outside to call for Mr. Nam. “MR. NA-“ But he is not here. I looked around but he seemed to be not here.

I sighed hard and went back to check on L.Joe.

I walked to him and he is mumbling words I don’t understand. I stared at him as I placed the back of my hand on his forehead. “You’re burning up.” I muttered and I stood up to turn down the air conditioner.

I opened my bag and took my handkerchief then went to the toilet to wash it.

Holy crap! I am panicking. I don’t know what to do next.

What is he doing going to the office when he doesn’t feel well in the first place?

I sighed hard as I walk back to him and wiped his face with this wet handkerchief.

I stared at him. He looks the same. He matured a lot but he still looks the same as he did 5 years ago. And I didn’t even notice it until now.

He still has his long lashes and his jawline is still the best.

“Stop staring.” He muttered.

I narrowed my eyes at him. His eyes are closed. How did he know I was staring at him?

“Why did you come to work if you don’t feel well? Aish!” I beamed at him as I wiped him face with the wet hanky.

He stirred up and sighed. “I just don’t want a day to last without seeing you.” He mumbled weakly but I think I caught his words.

“A day without you is a day in the pits of hell.” He continued as he stirred once again.

I gulped at him. My heart is stopping for a moment. How can he still say those words when he is already burning up? I can’t even control whatever is this thing inside me that bounces up and down throughout my whole system.

“Then how the hell did you survive 5 years without me?” I mumbled as I loosened his tie to give him room to breathe.

“Barely survived.” I heard him mumble and I paused to look if his eyes are open. But they’re not.

I shook my head and continued nursing him. “What did you do anyway? How did you get sick?” I whined at him.

He stirred and groaned. “Finished thinking of a new design for the Resort Project all night.” He replied. “I guess I’m sick because I didn’t even get a wink of sleep.”

I narrowed my eyes on him. “Why do you need to have a new design for your project anyway? It’s already okay and approved.” I countered back then he mumbled something I couldn’t understand. Psh. “Don’t talk. Just rest.” I told him and he smiled weakly.

I sighed. He really looks like an angel when he’s fast asleep. When he doesn’t talk, when he doesn’t smirk, when he doesn’t grin, he looks so innocent.

But right now, he looks so tired and stressed. I wonder if he’s tired trying to pursue me again. I wonder if he sees me now as a stressor.

What if he got tired of me?

What if he gets enough of me?

Then it’s your time to pursue him, Kim Hana, you stupid girl.

I sighed. “Don’t you want to go home?” I asked him. “You seriously need to rest.” I added.

He suddenly opened his eyes and looked into my eyes. “I can’t drive.” He uttered. “I’m too weak to drive. Mr. Nam is not around.” He added then closed his eyes again.

“Where is he?” I asked. “I’ll call him.” I volunteered.

“He went to Jeju.” He replied weakly. He’s too weak to speak because I can barely hear his voice. “He won’t be back until tomorrow.”

I shut my eyes and sighed. Now what? Am I the only one left?

I groaned and cursed silently. “Fine.” I told him in defeat. “I’ll drive you home.”

I don’t even know why I agreed. I have a lot of paper works to do but why did I volunteer to drive him home? I could have just asked Mr. Lee or his secretary. Or just have called Chunji or anyone in his circle of friends.

Why am I doing this again?

I sighed and turned to him again. “Come on. Can you at least walk to the parking lot?” I asked him. “There’s no way I’m going to carry you, Lee Byunghun. No way.” I told him.

He chuckled weakly and slowly got up from the couch. “I can manage to walk up to the parking lot.” He told me. “Because I’m with my charger.” He smiled weakly at me.

I felt my blood rushing to my cheeks and hurriedly looked away from him, turning to get my bag, so he couldn’t see how red I am blushing right now.

Geez! Why am I acting like a high school student who had her crush talk to her?

Aish!

I exhaled heavily to keep my cool and calm my creeps down before facing him again. He’s holding on to his head. Maybe it really hurts.

“Can you stand?” I asked him.

He looked at me and took a deep breath first before nodding. “I can.” Then he slowly stood up. He wiggled a bit and he needed to lean on me.

“You can’t even stand properly, Lee Byunghun.” I told him as I held his hand that slung over my shoulders.

I heard him smile. “It’s okay.” He told me. “At least I get close to you.”

Then here goes my blood again. Yeah, my whole body is betraying me when it comes to L.Joe. Everything about me seems to lose all their senses when L.Joe is around. Well, I seem to lose all my senses.

We walked to the elevator, with him leaning on me.

“You can lean on the elevator wall now.” I told him.

He smiled and did as he was told. He is smiling but anyone who could see his smile would know that he is sick. And he is so pale. I can’t even think a human would be as pale as this. He was as pale as Edward Cullen!

“Should I be thankful that I got sick?” He mumbled. “Because I get to get closer to you and you get to take care of me. I don’t like it, Hana. I ing love this feeling.”

 

---

Last 4 chapters. :) Don't worry. This won't end that easily. :)

ANNOUNCMENT!

If you have checked Her Other Man already, I've posted that it would start on Sepp. 20. Right now, I'm thinking of adjusting it to an earlier date. Because I'm about to write #LJB's last chapter after this update, so I think I would update #HOM sooner. :)

Thank you!

Love you all! :)

- RChampagne <3