The Resort Project

L.Joe's Bride

Chapter 16: The Resort Project

From: L.Jerk

Meeting with the owner of the estate after lunch. And please, eat lunch with me. I know you don’t like eating alone.

I glared at my phone screen and threw it onto the bed.

I fixed myself and walked to the buffet area of the hotel. It was free since we checked in.

Huh! Who said I can’t eat alone?

Some people act like they know you so much but, in fact, they don’t know a single thing about you. There are a lot of people like that.

I was greeted by the girl wearing red top and black slacks. Her hair is neatly bun and you couldn’t see any hair standing. It was gelled. And she has make up on.

I felt inferior.

“Please show your hotel card, Ma’am.” She talked while smiling. How could she do that?

I showed her my hotel card and she escorted me inside the buffet area.

She smiled at me when we reached the food section and I bowed a ‘thanks’ before walking to the food area and grabbing something to eat.

There are a lot of foods, though.

Now, I get Minji when she tells me that staying in 5-star hotels is one of her best experiences. Buffets are the best in hotels.

I walked to an empty table near the window that looks over the pool area. I chose this spot so I could watch the people on the pool and not feel awkward and alone.

I do that in cafes too.

“Hey, miss, are you alone?”

I looked up and saw a man with blonde hair smirking down at me.

I narrowed my eyes at him. Is this an idol? Why is his hair colored too brightly like that? It doesn’t suit him.

“I’ve been observing you and I think you’re alone. So, I thought you could use some company.” He told me as he placed his food on my table. He is still standing though and smirking at me.

I raised my brow at him. “I’m-“

“Get your ing out of my wife’s sight.”

Blondie and I were startled when he heard someone talk.

It’s L.Joe. He is glaring at Blondie. If looks could kill, Blondie would be dead by now.

Blondie then looked at me. “You’re married?” He asked me in disbelief.

I looked at L.Joe confused of what he is talking about.

L.Joe continued to glare at Blondie. “You heard me, bastard. Now, get your freaking face out of our sight. You’re interrupting our honeymoon.”

I scoffed at L.Joe in disbelief and he glared at me. What?!

Blondie was shaking his head. “I swear, I thought she was single.” He told L.Joe.

“She’s not. So… out of my sight.” L.Joe replied and Blondie walked away still shaking his head.

L.Joe sighed then sat in front of me. He looked at me with a deadly glare. “I told you to eat with me.” His voice sounded mad.

I looked away. “I could handle it.” I spoke while watching the kids play at the kiddie pool.

I didn’t want to spend my free time with him. Our business and travel time is more than enough for my exposure with L.Joe. I know I needed to be desensitized to him but not now. It’s dangerous because I haven’t sorted my feelings really well. I mean, I am into getting over him but I am still weak. I still feel weak when I am around him.

I’m trying so hard not to betray myself and my new principles.

I heard him scoff. “Yeah. That guy is a jerk.” He told me. “When will you ever listen to me?” He asked me.

I gave him a look. “Why would I listen to you?” I asked back. Then I looked away again. I can’t stare at his face. My heart is beating fast.

I feel him scoff at me. He must have been taken aback by my response. “Because you love me.” He replied and I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Love dies when you hurt several times, Lee Byunghun.” I retorted. “My love for you is as extinct as a T-rex.” I spat.

He scoffed. “Then why can’t you look into my eyes, Kim Hana?” He asked me. “If your love is extinct, why can’t you normally when you’re in front of me?”

He leaned on the table. “I still affect you. I know.” He said confidently.

I was lost for words.

Don’t you know I’ve tried and I’ve tried to get you out my mind?

But it don’t get no better as each day goes by.

And the song playing is not doing any good either.

L.Joe smirked. “What? Can’t reply because I’m right?” He asked.

I smiled at him. “No. I’m just thinking about the love you’ve been talking about.” I began. “Did you really love me? Or are you just a jerk who wanted to cheat on your girlfriends?” I asked him.

His face darkened. Right then, I knew I hit it. He was hurt. He was insulted.

“Are you doubting on my feelings?” He asked me.

I shrugged.

And I’m lost and confused. I got nothing to lose.

Hope you hear from you soon.

P.S. I’m still not over you.

He sighed. “Do you want me to break up with Namjoo?” He asked.

I narrowed my eyes at him. “What? I never said such thing.” I told him. Now, I am insulted.

Did he think I would like it and I would welcome him with open arms when he broke up with his girlfriend and throw all their 3 years away because I came back?

No. I’m not that kind of person.

And Namjoo’s a kind girl. She’s an understanding one. She doesn’t deserve to be hurt.

Why do I sound like the Kim Hana 5 years ago? I guess I never really changed.

“Then tell me what to do to have you back!” He is whispering but he seems shouting. “Damn it, Kim Hana! I’m dying when I see you and Woo Jiho together! I just can’t take it!”

“You can’t break up with someone because of your unsure feelings for another one.” I replied. “And I told you. Woo Jiho has my permission.” I added. “You should know where to place yourself in this situation, Byunghun.” I looked at him and shook my head. “You are not meant for me. Even destiny says it.”

“I don’t believe in destiny.” L.Joe tightened his grip on the table cloth. “Because if I did, we should’ve been together now. I should’ve followed you in Boston. I should’ve been better.”

I smiled at him. “Byunghun, you do believe in destiny.” I told him. “If you didn’t you would’ve done those things. You would’ve fought for us even if destiny forbids.” I said then I stood up, leaving him.

--

From: Woo Jiho

How’s Jeju? Having fun? Ha! Guess not.

I smiled at Jiho’s text message.

Now this is the time that I miss his presence. I wish he was here so I wouldn’t feel so burdened with my exploding emotions.

Jiho is my tranquilizer. Whenever I think I’m shaking between my principle and my emotions, he would stabilize my feelings and guide to the right thing. Yes. One of the Woo Jiho Magic.

To: Jiho

Terrible. I want to go home.

Sent.

I sighed and walked to the terrace. I felt the cold breeze touch my skin and it felt really good.

The view was also the best. I can see the beauty of Jeju’s beach. I always wanted to the smell of the sea. I don’t know but it gives me that soothing and carefree feeling.

I stopped admiring the view when I heard someone talk.

“Yes. Are they okay? … Ah, really? That’s good… When are you coming back? … No. I don’t know… We’re going in a while…”

It was L.Joe. I almost forgot that his hotel room is the one next to mine.

His back is me and he is talking to someone on the phone. I think it’s Namjoo.

“Yes, I will. You too… Yes… I… I love you too.”

I felt a pang in my chest when I heard him say those words to her. I felt like it’s not right. I know. I can feel it.

L.Joe suddenly looked around and was shocked to see me staring at me. “Hana,” His voice was shaking when he saw me.

“Do you want me to break up with Namjoo?”

“I’m dying when I see you and Woo Jiho together! I just can’t take it!”

I immediately walked inside.

Damn it! Very good, Kim Hana! You were almost fooled for the hundredth time.

My tears fell down nonstop.

! ! !

You know that feeling when you know for yourself that you have to move on, you have to be strong, but then when you are in front of that person, you forget all the things you believe and just go with your emotions instead?

This is why I need to always be around Woo Jiho. This is the mere reason why I can’t be anywhere near L.Joe.

Jiho gives me light and direction. L.Joe gives darkness and confusion.

I immediately dialed Jiho’s number. I need to hear his voice. I need to get on the right track.

“The number you have dialed is either unattended or-“

! He must be in another schedule.

What do I do now?

“Hana? Hana!” L.Joe was knocking on my door. “Open this damn door, now!” He was banging my door.

I looked at the door and tried my best to cry silently.

Why in the world am I crying right now?

I freaking hate myself.

I suddenly heard a clicking sound from the door and L.Joe came running to me like a mad man. Jiho is right. L.Joe is a mad man.

In a blink of an eye, L.Joe is hugging me tight and apologizing. He kept apologizing but I don’t exactly know what he is apologizing for.

He didn’t do anything wrong. He’s not dating me. He just told his girlfriend that he loves her. What exactly did he do wrong?

He looked at me and wiped my tears. “Babo.” He told me as he wiped my tears. “You love me.” It was a statement. Not a question. “You say you don’t but your actions say so.” Then he tucked my hair behind my ear. “I’m sorry that I made you cry again.” He bit his lip.

The next thing I knew, his lips is on mine. Our very first kiss.

We should be working with the resort project now.

 

 

---

WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! Cliff hanger as always! :)

What's on your minds? Hahahaha!

#TeamHanJoe's stepping up! :3

Comment your thoughts. :)