Finer Things

L.Joe's Bride

The most awaited first chapter. :) There you go~~~~

Happy reading! ^^

Mwah mwah! :*


 

--

“Mr. Lee, do you take this Ms. Kim, to be your newly wedded wife, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?” The priest asked him.

He looked at the priest then to his bride and smiled. “I do.”

The bride smiled back at him.

“Ms. Kim, do you take Mr. Lee, to be your newly wedded husband, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?” The priest asked her.

She looked at him and smiled. “I-“

“NOOOO!!!!!!!!”

 

“Hana! Hana! Wake up! You’re having a bad dream! Hana!” I felt Valeria shake me up and my eyes opened wide and I immediately stood up from my bed.

“What the hell?” I muttered as I remembered the dream in my head.

Mr. Lee.

Ms. Kim.

“Very bad?” Valeria asked me.

I smiled and shook my head. “No. I’m fine. Just… maybe I am over sleeping.” I told her.

It’s already 10 in the morning and I’ve just woken up.

Yeah. Because of that bad dream. It’s almost lunch time and I woke because of a bad dream. Yeah right.

She smiled back even though I know that she still doesn’t believe me. “Okay then. Get down and we’ll get you something to eat.”

I strutted to the bathroom and fixed myself before going down.

I’ve been living in Boston for five years. It was hard at first but I got by. I’ve met good friends and acquaintances.

“Hana?” Valeria called me.

I looked at her and smiled. She has been the person who is in charge in taking care of me since the I first stepped here. She took care of me so well and she is one of the reasons why I had adjusted.

“Ah? Yes.” I smiled as I walked to the dining room and ate breakfast.

Valeria served me. “So, will you go out today and buy something before you go back to Korea tomorrow?” She asked.

I smiled and shook my head. “No.” I replied. “I don’t know what to buy.” I chuckled.

She looked at me. “Hana,” She called me.

I looked at her and shrugged. What should I buy? I don’t have someone to give it to.

I lost my best friend.

I lost my boyfriend.

I lost my fiancée.

Hell. All in one day.

“It’s been years. Maybe they have all forgiven you?” Valeria told me.

I smiled and shrugged. “I don’t know.” I replied. “I don’t even want to come back home.” I added softly.

“You can do this, Hana. You’ve been through a lot. Now’s the time to prove yourself.”

She smiled at me and I nodded.

Yes. Perhaps, it’s the time to prove and redeem myself.

To Dad.

To Mom.

To all of them.

I’m not the same Hana.

Or maybe I still am.

But I am different.

--

“Did you get all you needed? Money? Passport? Ticket?” Valeria is hysterical because she still thinks I am a baby.

I laughed at her and nodded. “Yes, I have everything.” I told her.

She smiled sadly at me and pulled me into a hug. “I’ll miss you Hana!” She told me.

I hugged her back. “I will miss you too, Valeria! You’ve been my Mom for 5 years.” I replied.

She chuckled. “Yes. You are the daughter I never had.” She told me.

I smiled. “I will always be.” I winked and she let go of the hug.

“Go.” She told me as she motioned at the car. “You don’t want to be late for your flight back home, do you?” She joked.

I laughed and gave her another hug. “I’ll visit when I have time, okay?” I told her.

She looked at me and nodded. “Yes. I will always be here.” She replied and waved.

I waved back before entering the car. I rolled the window down and waved at her again.

Why am I getting all emotional again?

I’m leaving Valeria and the home that I have been staying for the past 5 years. Sure I was attached to this place. Why wouldn’t I get emotional?

My tears are forming in the corner of my eyes and I couldn’t do anything.

I blinked and they all fell automatically. I wiped them immediately just in case the driver would see me. I don’t want anyone to see my weak side now.

I want to stay. But partially, I want to go.

I want to go home. To my real home.

And yes, I am going back home.

And I don’t even know if they are waiting for me. I don’t even know if there are people waiting for me.

Would Mom see me at the airport? She didn’t even see me leave.

Would Dad see me at the airport? He was the one who was so itching to throw me out of the country.

I sighed. I guess, the driver will see me at the airport then.

Don’t get your hopes up, Hana. If you don’t want to shatter into pieces.

--

It’s night time when I arrived at the airport.

“HANAAAAAA!”

I heard someone call me. I looked around and saw – I thought I was dreaming – Minji? Minji waving enthusiastically at me and smiling widely.

She ran to me and gave me a tight hug. “Oh my gosh, Hana! Why did you leave without telling me?” She asked as she enveloped her arms around me again. “I missed you so much!”

I looked at her. Shocked, of course. I left because I was so mad at myself that she wouldn’t talk to me again. And now, here she is. She waited for me to come back.

She frowned when she saw my reaction. “Why do you look like you don’t want to see me?” She asked me sadly.

I shook my head. “No no no.” I told her. “I’m just stunned to see you here.” I continued. “Uhm, happy and friendly with me again.” I added softly.

She looked at me and chuckled. “I know. I’m sorry, Hana.” She hugged me again. “You must have gone through a lot.” She told me.

I shrugged. “You don’t know how hard is hard really.” I smiled at her.

She beamed at me. “Well, I have been through a lot too, you know.” She told me as she took my cart and pushed it for me.

“I was so mad at you but I would have never thought that you would leave the country.” She said. “You know I needed a best friend when I was at the darkest of my days.” She pouted at me. “But you left me.” She rolled her eyes on me.

“Sorry.” I told her. One word but that explains all my feelings.

Sorry for everything I’ve done. Sorry that I was the reason of her darkest days. Sorry that I hurt her and crashed her heart to pieces.

“It’s okay.” She smiled at me. “It’s been five years and I believe in the saying Time heals all wounds. I am healed.” She smiled brightly.

I looked at her and smiled back. But still I can’t contain all the tears coming from my eyes.

“Hey, Hana! Don’t cry!” She yelled at me.

Just when she said that, my tears began falling down and I don’t know how to stop them.

Minji’s here. She’s forgiven me.

Even if I didn’t do anything for her to forgive me.

“You should know that no matter what you do, no matter how you make me so mad at you, at the end of the day, I will still be your best friend. I will support you no matter what.” She cooed me. “I am not like the best friends in movies who get to become your enemy in an instant because of a guy!” She yelled suddenly. “I love you more than any guy, Hana. Let’s not fight over a boy. There millions of boys in the world.” She told me then she hooked her arm with me and we both pushed the cart together.