Epilog

His Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai's POV


Sehun pushed my wheelchair lightly. We just finished our talk with Dr. Jun Myeon at his room. My mind keeps repeating what he told me earlier.

 

"This is your heart, three months ago." The doctor showed me the X Ray picture result on the computer screen. "And this is your heart, today. You see the difference?"
"Yes."
"Do you know what it is?" He asked me again.
I was totally clueless, so I shook my head. Sehun who sat next to me was as clueless as me, but at least he didn't try to guess what it is. 
Dr. Jun Myeon cleared his throat for a while, then he started to explain. "This." He pointed at the picture. "The tumor in your heart has grown bigger than before."
I stared blankly at the screen. "I see."
"And I... I'm sorry to say this, but I've predicted that, sooner or later, it will spread to your whole body." He said. "It will keep growing, and all the medicines and chemotherapy can't help you that much."
Sehun squeezed my shoulder, trying to give me all the support he could. "Is there any other way?" He started to speak out for the first time.
"Transplantation." Jun Myeon said. "The only way is to do heart transplantation."
"But.. It's too risky, isn't it? We can think anotherㅡ"
"Let's do it." I cut him off. 
Jun Myeon looked at me deeply. "Are you sure?"
"Yes." I answered, never been so sure before.
"Kai!" Sehun seemed to be the one who disagree.
"It's the only hope." I said. "If it's the only way, then there's no choice."
"But unfortunately you can't do it that fast." Jun Myeon stated. "We have to get your parents permission first."
"Let's talk to your father first." Sehun finally said.


"Are you really going to do this?" Sehun asked me for the -th time. After all the long discussion with my father on the phone, he finally agreed. I've signed into the patient list who needed heart transplantation.
"I'm going to do it. My name's already on the list, Sehun." I said calmly.
"How could you be so calm? Transplantation is a serious thing, and you're about to do transplantation to your heart! It's ing heart, and it's ing serious!" Sehun started to lost his patience.
"Then you want me to freak out? Or crying myself out because I'm going to die soon?!"
"Kim Jongin!" Sehun slowly lowered his voice. "Look, I didn't mean to say that. I just... Well, I'm scared, you know."
"That I'm not going to make it?"
"Jongin..."
"I don't want to die just like that, you know? I still want to survive, Oh Sehun. Kim Jongin, your bestfriend is a hopeless jerk who can't do anything yet he still wants to alive. He still wants to breathe, he still wants to walk, and he still wants to li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter