Final

His Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When people died, where did they go?

 

My mom used to say that when people died, they'll become one of the stars in the night, so that they could always watch people they loved from above. I looked up at the dark sky, wondering if Kai was there too nowㅡup in the sky, watching me.
 
These days, I kept asking the same questions to myself. I kept asking why this and why that. Why did God always take people I love? Why did our love end too soon? Why did our destiny has to end this way? Why? I kept asking, but I'll never find the answer. If I could, I just wanted to turn back the time to the days when we fell in love. The days when we were happy. But no matter how many times I beg to God, those days won't happen again. No matter how far I run to look for him, I will never find him. No matter how much I cry, Kai will never come back. 

Two days before Christmas, he left me.
Kim Jong In, the guy I love has gone forever. 

 

"Happy birthday to us." I said as I blew candles on birthday cake I bought myself. Today's my birthday, and it's been three weeks since Kai left. What's surprising is, it's actually Kai's birthday too. We had the exactly same birthday date, except for Kai is a year younger than me. I smiled bitterly, thinking that we're supposed to celebrate our birthday together today, but we're not. Kai will always be a sixteen years old guy in my memories. He'll never grow up and stay like that, even if I keep growing old. 

"Celebrating by yourself, huh?"
I turned my head and a smile formed on my face. Sehun and Baekhyun already stood in front of my room. Baekhyun walked towards me first, giving me a big hug. "Happy birthday, Ae Ra-ya."
"Thanks, Baek." I said as he handed me a bouquet of flowers.
"I don't have anything much." Sehun gave me a small box awkwardly. "Happy birthday."
I opened the box and I couldn't help but smile when I found a necklace with my name. It was written Aera. "Guys, this is just too much. Thank you." 
"We love you, Ae Ra." Baekhyun smiled at me warmly. "Don't ever think that you're alone."
I nodded. "I'm glad that I have both of you." I said, sincerely.

We held a small party for myself. Maybe 'party' isn't a suitable word because there's only three of us who celebrated, but it doesn't matter. I'm happy. It's been a long time since I felt happy, and today might be the best birthday of my life. I couldn't ask for anything better.
"Now, blow your candles." Baekhyun said happily after we finished the birthday song.
"Make a wish." Sehun added.
A wish?
It's been a long time since I wish upon something. Whether it was wishing upon the falling stars, or the famous 11:11. It's simply because I believe those things didn't exist. I used to have a lot of wishes, but I've never said it. I just held it inside, because reality is just reality. There's no way we could change the reality. Even now, I've been shouting the same wish in my head so many timesㅡmaybe almost every second of my life. Since the day I lost the love of my life, I've always had the same wish, but I'm realistic enough to realize that my wish will never come true, even if I made it as my birthday wish.

So, I decided to make another wish instead.
I closed my eyes, then blow the candles afterwards. 

 

"What's this?" I asked as Sehun handed me a box of CD. Is it another gift?
"You'll know." Sehun replied. "Wait, watch it at your room, okay?"
I agreed although my mind still full of questions. Is this a movie or something? But the CD doesn't have cover. It's just a simple, white CD. I walked into my room, then switched on my video player. The screen was all black, but what appeared next almost made my heart jumped out.
"Hey." I heard a very familiar voice from the screenㅡthe familiar voice which I used to hear almost every day of my life. The voice which always made my heart skipped a beat, and causing butterflies in my stomach. The voice which I haven't heard for so long.
It was Kai.
Kai was smiling at me from the screen, and my eyes were burning because of tears. Kai still looked the same as I remember in my memories. His tender eyes, his pale skin, and the black circle around his eyes. I still reme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter