Meeting Again

Offline Dating

 

Warning: Has not been beta'd or edited for proper enhancements.

 

 

Siwon Choi, a twenty eight year old medical school graduate and now a legal doctor with a license. After six years of hard studying and intense education, he now lives the life he’s always wanted and has the job of his dreams, yet, he’s still half empty.

 

“Is it really that hard to find a girlfriend?” Donghae asks him, bottle of water tilted against his lips as he raises an eyebrow at his friend.

 

Sighing, Siwon leans forward and squeezes the back of his neck with his hands. “I was so focused on getting my degree that I didn’t even think about dating in school; now that I’m done, everyone around me is either already taken or not really ideal for a partner. I don’t really mind being single, honestly, but my parents…”

 

“I understand,” Donghae nods, patting Siwon on the back sympathetically, “I totally get it buddy.”

 

Starting up his treadmill again, Siwon paces slowly and prepares himself for a long run. Running was his way of venting his stresses—in this case, he will probably have to run for at least two hours to get rid of his frustration.

 

With a helpless chuckle, Donghae also starts his up own machine. “Well, our high school reunion is just around the corner; maybe you’ll be able to fire up an old spark.”

 

They might not have been the most popular kids in school, but they had their decent share of dating. Who knows? Maybe lingering feelings will burn anew.

 

“I heard even Song Qian will be coming this time,” Donghae continues, “ten years is the major get together, I suppose.”

 

“She’s back in town?” Siwon asks.

 

Donghae shrugs. “She’s making a special trip back just for the tenth anniversary reunion, Liyin said, but seriously Song Qian is so constantly mentioned around us that it doesn’t feel like she ever really left.”

 

Siwon smiles. “Yeah, I guess.”

 

“Do the two of you still keep in touch?” Donghae wants to know.

 

“Once in a blue moon,” Siwon replies. “After she became chief editor of the fashion magazine, she’s been so busy that it takes her months to reply to personal emails. I don’t even remember the last time we exchanged messages.”

 

Donghae laughs. “True friends don’t have to keep in touch often in order to maintain friendship.”

 

Not knowing how to respond, Siwon just smiles.

 

To be honest, even when they did stay in touch their email’s to each other were never really anything more than just formal and courteous greetings. What once used to be of their close friendship in high school began fading over years of not meeting and the both of them being extremely busy.

 

Gradually, through time, their friendship started losing color.

 

Now that Siwon really thinks about it, the last time he sent her a message was probably over Christmas…

 

It’s now almost fall and she still hasn’t replied.

 

 

 

 

 

 

When it comes to drinking, Siwon can confidently say that he can hold his liquor considerably well. However, after studying medicine, he’s learned to moderate his drinking in order to live a healthy lifestyle.

 

Sometimes, though, how much he drinks isn’t really up to him.

 

Siwon arrives a little late to their high school reunion and the moment he steps into the doors of the karaoke bar, two bottles of beer are shoved into his hands.

 

“Punishment!” Donghae slurs, Zhoumi grinning beside him.

 

With a helpless sigh, Siwon obediently takes the bottles and chugs them down as painlessly and quickly as he can. When he’s done, everyone in the room applauds and he’s finally allowed entrance.

 

Despite not being nervous in the least during the entire trip here, Siwon suddenly feels his heart skip a beat; staring up at him from the booth are a pair of clear and familiar eyes.

 

“Long time no see.”

 

Siwon smiles and nods at her, taking the nearest available seat to him. Long time no see indeed, he thinks.

 

“Sorry I’m late; there were a few patients that took a little longer than I expected.” He explains to the room filled with people.

 

To be honest, no one’s really listening.

 

“We should be calling you Dr. Choi now,” Song Qian teases, her eyes upturned into crescents when she smiles. “I can’t believe you actually did it. Well, I can, but still.”

 

It’s odd because the way Song Qian speaks to him makes it seem as though they’ve never had any distance between them whatsoever. She’s so relaxed, so natural, so at ease, that Siwon has a double take and doubts himself for a moment.

 

Was he the only one who felt the awkwardness between them during the years they’ve hardly kept in touch?

 

“Qian was just telling us some stories about working with big name celebrities that were featured in her magazine columns,” Jimin chuckles, her cheeks a little pink from the alcohol but her laugh soothing and endearing nonetheless.

 

Donghae then throws an arm around Siwon’s shoulders, pulling him hard into his arms. “After hearing about all the models she works with, I told Qian to introduce some to you! See, buddy? I’m always thinking of you! Always thinking…”

 

It feels like something is stuck in his throat and Siwon coughs, trying to break free from Donghae’s death grip. Tiffany laughs and hands Donghae another bottle, as though he needed one.

 

“I didn’t know you were looking, you should have told me!” Song Qian comments, a light smile on her lips. “If I had known, I would have brought some girls back with me this time. Seriously, I know plenty of good girls.”

 


Siwon his suddenly dry lips. “I—”

 

Before he can finish his thought, Liyin snuggles her face into the crook of Song Qian’s neck and wraps her arms around Song Qian’s waist. “What about your brief scandal with that super-hot model?”

 

“What super-hot model?” Song Qian asks.

 

Liyin pouts. “You know, the one that’s always the cover model for your magazine special features; the really good looking and tall one that looks like he walked out of a manga!”

 

“…Wu Yifan?” Song Qian tentatively answers.

 

Liyin nods profusely. “Yes, him!”

 

“Don’t remind me of that kid!” Song Qian suddenly scowls. “He promised me last night that he’d take me to the airport this morning but two hours before my flight he calls and says he forgot about a shoot he had been scheduled for and I ended up calling a cab!”

 

“So it’s real?!”

 

“What’s real?” Song Qian furrows her eyebrows.

 

Zhang Liyin groans. “Your scandal with him!”

 

Song Qian shakes her head calmly. “He wishes.”

 

“But—“

 

Not allowing Liyin to complete her voice of protest, Song Qian shoves another bottle of beer her way along with a microphone. Liyin loves singing and everyone knows that; being a singer had always been her high school dream.

 

“If you like models so much, why don’t I introduce some to you, too?” She chuckles, crossing one leg over the other as she snatches the controller from Dana and begins selecting songs that she remembers Liyin loved to sing back in the days.

 

Liyin laughs. “Really?”

 

“Really,” Song Qian promises. “Give me a list of qualities that you like and I’ll do my best; no promises though.”

 

Smiling to himself, Siwon takes another bottle of beer and tilts his head back as he drinks casually.

 

When he lowers his head again, his eyes meet with Song Qian’s glowing pair. “You too,” she grins, “although, I don’t think finding a match for you will be too hard.”

 

Siwon doesn’t really understand what she means, but he figures he could always find that out later.

 

----

 

A/N: I don't know if any of you guys have seen the trailers for The Ultimate Group (MC: Peng Yu, Victoria and Zhoumi) with Super Junior but the most recent one where Siwon has to "electrify" Victoria with his gaze was so adorable because Victoria seemed to be anticipating it so much that her smile literally stretched from ear to ear and her eyes were so big and watery and just beautiful. I miss Victoria so much :(