Misunderstanding...

The owner of Kwon Yuri's ring.

 

I laid in bed and started to slowly drift to sleep. I had many countless nights that I couldn’t sleep and had resulted in taking sleeping pills. I twisted and turned all night long until I stopped twisting, looking at the other half of the empty bed. It felt so cold without her beside me. It felt so empty knowing that she wouldn’t be beside me when I woke up. My eyes slowly started to droop and all I had in my mind was my ice princess. Questions circled my mind. Where was she? What was she doing now? Did she still love me like I love her? I think I finally drifted to sleep around 1:00am. Finally…

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK

The sounds of loud knocking interrupted me when I finally fell asleep. I was half conscious when I woke up and took a look at my clock that was soundly ticking away. 2:33am. Whoever woke me up at this hour better have a good reason, I yelled in my mind. The knocking continued by softer this time. I slowly walked out of my room and grabbed the front door keys that was lying on my kitchen bench. I opened the door and was greeted by a hug around my waist. Oh, have I wished it was my ice princess that have returned to me but the sound of her voice broke my thoughts and shattered my heart. It was her, it was her that ruined our relationship.

I closed the door behind her and released her grip from my waist. I could tell that she has been crying because her eyes was deeply swollen and her face was still a little moist from her tears.

‘Where have you been all these months Yuri?! I’ve been so worried about you and about us. Where am I in your heart Yuri? I love you Yuri, you know that.’ Yoona said while her eyes were starting to tear. She walked closer to me but I backed away. This was it, I had to tell her about our misunderstanding. I didn’t want to continue to lead her on. I lead her to the couch and told her to sit down and gave her tissues to wipe away those tears. The more she cried, the more guilt was building inside of me. I crouched down in front of her and started to slowly explain the misunderstanding between us and this love triangle developed.

‘Yoona, listen, I know you love me and care for me but I’m not the right person for you. You can find a person that truly loves you and is willing to give their heart to you, but I can’t do that. You’ve been a great friend to me but that’s all I wish for. For us to be friends and no more than friends.  If you really do love me you will let me be with the person I actually love. Love is something you can’t force Yoona. Do you understand me?' I looked into her eyes but all I could see was never ending tears streaming down onto her lap. Her eyes was filled with sorrow and disappointment at my explanation. She could barely talk but she managed to struggle out some words that made my heart shrivel.

‘What about that night Yuri? You told me you loved me’ she said as she quickly stood up nearly knocking me onto the floor.

‘I was drunk that night! My mind was messed up and I mistook you for Jessica! I never loved you one bit. If you didn’t force me to go to your house that night, all this would’ve never happened!’ I started to yell at her face. ‘You got my number without permission and you called and texted me every single day, and with that, Jessica saw one of those text messages and left me!’ I ran out of breath while I continued to raise my voice. She just looked at me and I could feel her heart shatter at every word that came out of my mouth. I knew she would get hurt but she left me no choice but to tell her the truth. I held her hands and said ‘Forget what happened and move on. I don’t deserve your love. Find someone better than me and continue to live a good life.’ She backed away and without a single word she walked out but before she closed the door she left me with a encourging message.

‘I hope Jessica will return to you and I wish you two all the best in the future,’ she sobbed and closed the door.

What a relief! The misunderstanding was finally cleared and it felt like the heavy boulders from my shoulders was now removed. I collapsed back onto my bed and immediately fell asleep.

 

A week later

‘Jessica unnie. There’s a letter for you, come down and get it!’ yelled Krystal.

The ice princess walked down from her bedroom and picked up the letter that was sent to her and walked back upstairs to read it. She has been very lifeless since 3 months ago. Family, friends and co-workers tried to help this girl but nothing can mend a broken heart that was damaged so severely.  She finally opened the letter and a small key fell out from it. Jessica picked it up but had no clue what this key was used for. She took out the letter and started to read it.

 

To Jessica, my one and only

I’m writing this letter to you because I know you don’t want to see me now.

I’m begging for your forgiveness but if I really make you feel uncomfortable, I will stop seeing you.

No matter how angry you are at me, I just want you to know that I still love you with everything in my heart. This will never change.

As I promised you, I have finished developing our house. Please Jessica, if you have the time, please have a look at what I’ve done for you. This is one in many things that I can do for you Sica, I want to prove to you that how much I actually love you.

The address is…

 

Without looking at the address, Jessica bolted out her front door and drove to where she will find the house that represented Yuri’s love. As she approached the drive way of the house, tears formed in her eyes while she got out of her car.

YULSIC. Brightly painted on the entrance of the front door just like she wanted. Jessica slowly walked towards the front door and inserted the key. She turned the door knob and pushed the door inwards.