Return of past memories on the beach

The owner of Kwon Yuri's ring.

Kwon Yuri finally arrived back at Seoul and as she stepped off the crowed plane, she could finally breathe the air of her country.

Yuri gathered her bags at the laggage bay and walked out of the pick up terminal. At the sight of dozens of people calling out names all excited to see their beloved family and friends that walked through, a familar voice echoed into Yuri's ears.

'Unnie! Yuri unnie!' yelled out a sweet voice.

Yuri slowly turned around and recieved a tight hug from the owner of the voice. The girl finally released the hug and of course, it was one of Yuri's best friends...Tiffany Hwang.

'It's been 3 years Yuri, where have you been all these years! All the girls were so worried when you left without any notice. Suddenly you called me to pick you up at the ariport a few days ago and I thought I was dreaming or something. Yuri-ah, what happened to you...'asked Tiffany. 

Yuri knew she was going to be bombarded with loads of questions from Tiffany but all she did was nod and smile.

'So...Aren't you going to answer my question?' asked Tiffany in an annoyed voice.

'It's a long story Fany, I'll promise I'll tell you all about it once we get back to the hotel. I'm extremely tired right now. Oh, and being on a plane full of kids screaming right beside me doesn't make matters better. 'Can we go now?' asked Yuri.

'Hotel? Why hotel? Your going to live in the dorm aren't you?' I've packed your room all neat and tidy, just like the way you left it 3 years ago.' said Tiffany

I appreciate having a friend like Fany, she was always there for me during my bad times but what she was saying broke my thoughts.

'Yuri-ah' she said in a soft tone. 'Ever since you left, Sica isn't being herself anymore' She...she's changing'

Memories all suddenly popping back into my head, the event, the disaster that happened 3 years ago, came back.

Fany tried to continue her sentence but I couldn't help but to cut her off.

'Fany, can you please bring my luggage to the hotel. I want to explore a bit before I go back. You know, Seoul probably changed heaps ever since I left. I want to be alone for some time. Is that ok with you?' I asked.

Fany gave me a slight nod and smiled. Oh, have I missed her lovely eye-smile. Her smile was one of a kind.

She quickly grabbed by bags, hugged me and waved goodbye before she walked off. After a few steps she turned around and yelled out 'Don't forget to come home for dinner!' and she continued to walk off. 

I finally found the exit of the airport and took my first step outside.

I breathed the fresh cool air that was hitting my face. It's really good to be back after 3 long years. I actually had no clue where I was heading but I called a taxi anyway. I jumped on and the taxi driver asked me where I wanted to go. My mind was blank and I just simply told him to drive wherever. He looked at me through the rear mirror and began shaking his head. I heard slight mumbles coming from him but it was too soft for me to make out what he was saying. I took out my wallet to see how much money I had and a picture fell from my pocket. I slowly picked it up and stared at it. It was a picture of me and...Jessica. That picture was taken during our first time at the beach together. 

'Sir, sorry, but can you please drive me to the closest beach from Seoul' I asked politely.

'Miss, is this some sort of prank? You tell me to drive wherever I wanted and that's what I'm doing but now your telling me to drive you to the beach?! That's like on the othe side of Seoul!' he was slightly rasing his voice.

'Well, I'm paying you aren't I?' I replied.

'Fine. You better have enough money miss' he hissed.

 

~50 minutes later~

I finally arrived at the beach. This place sure brings back a lot of memory. I found a suitable place to sit and enjoyed to beach view while the sun was starting to set. The memories came back to me, the event that I can never forget...

~3 years ago on the same beach~

I walked out onto the dry sand on a summer's day. The heat of the sun was slowly making me sweat. I closed my eyes and felt the sudden warm breeze that was hitiing against my face.

'Yuri-ah! Wait for me!' a sweet voice was yelling behind me.

I turned around, and there she was. Her arms out stretched and was running towards me. Her long blonde hair was shining along with the sun. She looked amazing. I stretched my arms and hugged her tight. She wrapped her arms around my neck and started to giggle.

'Your already sweating? We haven't even started to play yet' she chuckled while still hugging me.

'Are you sweating because I'm too hot? she asked.

'Umm...a little but really because of this heat. You wanna just sit for a bit and just talk?' I said with a smile.

'OK` she chirped in her high pitch tone. She was always cute when she did that. 

We sat down and I wrapped one of my arms around her waist while she was resting her head onto my shoulder. I took out a ring from my pocket and looked at it deeply. Jessica caught a glimpse of the shining diamond and shot up like she just saw a cucumber. 

'Are you planning to propose to me? I'm not a easy girl to get you know.' she asked slyly.

'Remember what I told you about this ring Sica?' I asked her.

"Yeah, I do. You said this was from your mother. She told you to give this ring to whoever you loved and whoever you wanted to be with forever. This ring is ike a sign of your love, right?' 

I patted Sica on her head and nodded. She resumed to resting her head on my shoulder.

'Whoever owns that this ring in the future, will be my one and only love. I still need to find the rightful owner for this ring.'

'Hmmm...I really want to know who this rightful owner is. She must be the world's luckiest person' Sica said sarcastically. Jealously was written all over her face.

Sica grabbed the ring and studied it very carefully. She read the words that was engraved inside the ring and pouted.

'Yuri loves.... Well, anyone's name you want to put in after love. Want me to engrave the rest in for you Seobang? It should say...Yuri loves Jessica!' How does that sound to you?' she sweetly smiled. 

I grabbed her chin and pulled her in for a kiss and pulled away within a few seconds, 

'I might consider it' I said as I was opening my eyes.

Sica leaped up and yelled cutely in my face. 

'If you don't engrave my name onto this ring, you will never see this ring again'

And with this, she ran away and I started to chase her down.

I yelled as I was chasing her.

' You will suffer major punishments tonight if you don't give it back' 

She stopped and giggled before she started to run again.

I mumbled under my breath.

'You won't know what's going to hit you tonight Sica baby'

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for now. I will update soon. 

Thanks for reading.