Prologue

Nocturnal

 


 

In a room where torches are lit and hung against walls, a King is sitting on his rightful throne. His long, red and white robe hanging on his thin but lean frame. His hair, messy, untamed and with a golden crown atop. His eyes are a beautiful, sapphire blue. Depthless. Unreadable

 

The room is richly furnished with luxurious furniture.

A glass chandelier is hung from the ceiling of the room, reflecting the rays of sunlight coming from the sun that just rose.

The King squints, and at once, his servants shut the blinds. The King’s orders must be abided.

 


 

The servants a girl to the King’s personal quarters. Their grips on her wrist are tight and restricting, painful.

And if compared in height, she would be no taller than the King’s shoulder.

Her looks are unfitting to such a place. She looked…so fragile.

Her young complexion looking somewhat haggard from the lack of sleep; thin, from lack of food; pale from hiding in the darkness. Her dirty blonde hair striking attention. Her light grey eyes looking empty, sad.

But in this world, there is no pity, no compassion; it’s a world far too harsh for a fragile being like her.

The royal guards shove her onto the floor ceremoniously, making her kneel before the King they serve as they give their Majesty deep bows.

However, she does not falter. She raises her head up high, flipping her hair out of her face and she endures the physical pain of the salt that was added to the wound.

Her knees are bleeding, making the red carpet a darker shade.

She speaks confidently, without stuttering, and shows no signs of being injured. She asks for her deserved freedom, but the King cannot give it to her yet, no. He needs something from her.

Something that’s essential in what he has planned.      

 


 

Something did not feel right.

The branch that Kyungsoo had fallen asleep on was now damp, with what, he did not know. He knows it didn’t rain the night before.

Something isn’t right.

It’s like a nagging at the back of his head, a voice that keeps telling him something’s out of place. Perhaps, it’s his conscience? He’s always been a little worrisome…

He sits up immediately from lying down, quite disheveled, he forgot all about the low branch atop his head he was complaining about and was given it a great bump on the crown of the his head. Poor Kyungsoo.

Immediately, as if waking up from his state, he looks at the sky, seeing the dark blue- or maybe black screen fade away and starting to give way to orange skies. And the sun is just starting to peek out from its hiding place, as if finally letting the moon find its location, but the moon is no longer there. Kyungsoo needs to hurry.

Perhaps it’s because he has become a nocturnal creature, but perhaps, he is just really close with nature, is all, but he seems to have an inner timer of some sort, as if always reminding him that he needed to leave by morn.

Hastily, he fumbled with the jacket he brought along and quickly put it on, zipping it while running away in fear of being discovered, and remembering to look about for any suspicious things around his area, but as usual, there were none. Kyungsoo is certain he won’t be caught this time.

Quickly, he heads into the forest, putting his hands on the barks of the trees to help in counting them, and finding a carving on one. He turned into another direction swiftly and counted the trees he passed by by doing the same. Swerving around another tree as he felt another familiar carving, he ran quicker, and it really did seem impossible for someone to run this quick.

But then again, maybe Kyungsoo wasn’t all human.

He stops in front of his house.

His home is of wood, the finest. Carved, nailed, and built to perfection.

He loves the woody smell of his home and he loves the surroundings of it too.

He reaches into his home just in time, as he always does, and hastily, he slams the door behind him, and leans against it to catch his breath.

That was a close call.

 

 


 

Author's Note

 

Hay-lo! (my way of saying hello) It's been a long time since I updated any of my stories, yes? *is kicked and tied up and thrown down from highest floor

 

WELL, EH- about that, I apologise but soon I'll be going on a hiatus...

I have a lot of catching up to do.So, I'll probably stay about another week at maximum because exam's coming up soon and all, and next year I'll be having a 'big exam', in which I need to study my off for and get my time management right for...so I hope you can understand...I hopeI didn't make y'all hate me. But if you do, then might as well hate me more for this?

I'll try and see what I can do next weekend as it'll probably be my last time I'll update something here for a long time.

If you can't tolerate me not updating, you can complain to me through PM as I'll still check AFF daily, if not, weekly.

Thank you for your patience and hope this prologue was okay.

Please give me your critics and let me know if there are any mistakes or things that can be written better...I'd love if you would do that :)

Oh, and just so  you are informed, this will be chaptered...I don't know about the length yet, but I think it'll be more than 5 chapters at least..