Surprise

Growing Love

"Guys, guys!" Luhan said excitedly, running towards his friends' table. "For the vacations, I found a camp not too far from here!"

 

Baekhyun looked up. "This vacation?"

 

Luhan nodded fervently. "Plus it's really cheap! So?"

 

"Uhh..." Kai eyed nervously the table, seaching for help.

 

"I'm sorry Luhan, I can't."

 

Luhan sat next to Sehun and looked at Kyungsoo, his smile visibly failing. "Really?" He drift his gaze to Kai who shook his head with an apologetic look, he said,

 

"I can't either, sorry Luhan."

 

He turned to Sehun, hopeful. "We can go together?" His voice almost pleading.

 

"Sorry Luhan.."

 

"Oh." Luhan blinked. "Well, if you all have something to do it's fine." He smiled but even if they all saw that he was clearly disappointed, they didn't say anything and ate in silence.

 

 


 

 

Later that day, Luhan waited for Sehun to finish with his work at the cafe, they were now heading home.

 

"Luhan did you hear what I said?"

 

"..."

 

Sehun shook his hand in front of his face. "Luhan."

 

"Huh?! What?"

 

Sehun sighed. "Tell me now why you're so upset, is it because of the camp?"

 

Luhan looked down. "...Mmh...I just wanted to be the one to make everyone happy, also because it may be our last year together I don't want to regret missing a moment I can spend with all of you.." He smiled lightly at Sehun. "But it's okay, it's not like we have to do everything together."

 

Sehun hummed. Luhan looked at him curiously because he was acting like this the whole day. Not only him, all his friends; they replied to everything Luhan said by short answers. They didn't look like they cared or feel sorry about the camp at all, and honestly, Luhan was upset. He made a lot of research this week and was really enthusiastic about telling them only to be left disappointed in the end.

 

Sighing, that's when he heard a joggling of keys that he understand they were already arrived. Sehun opened the door and Luhan almost had an heart attack.

 

Almost.

 

For sure, he didn't expect all his friends to jump from hiding places and cry "Surprise!" in unison when Sehun light up the piece.

 

With an hand on his chest and breathing heavily, Luhan was gaping looking at all of them smiling.

 

Baekhyun went to him, wiping a fake tear. "My baby is so grown up." He hugged a rapidly blinking Luhan."Seems like yesterday when I gave birth to you."

 

"Baek, I'm older than you.."

 

"Whatever, Luhan." He looked at him proudly. "Happy birthday!"

 

And that was when it hit Luhan. He was suprised that he forgot to think about what could actually be the surprise about. "Birthday?"

 

"Aha!" Baekhyun turned to Kai who was eating some candies on the table. "Give me my money! I knew it that he forgot!"

 

"You must be kidding!" Kai shrieked with a disbelief look at Luhan. "How can someone forgot his birthday?!"

 

Luhan blinked. "I.. don't know?"

 

Kai groaned, he gave a waiting Baekhyun his money who had to snatch it away from him.

 

Baekhyun grinned. "Look prettier in my hand right?"

 

"Shut. up." Kai slumped on the couch, taking a cookie to calm his nerves because he swears, if it wasn't for Luhan, he would have strangle the dancing boy a long time ago.

 

"Yah! Stop eating everything!" Kyungsoo pushed the plate of cookies, "I cooked that for Luhan!"

 

They celebrate his birthday after that, Baekhyun insisted that Luhan put the deer headband he gave him, because yeah, he's a deer. Kai danced for Luhan. He was so serious and into it, he looked even more attractive. He's also a pretty good dancer. Even if Kyungsoo was yelling at him to sit down and stop embarrassing himself, Luhan knew he was enjoying it; though Kyungsoo was trying to busy himself, he couldn't help but threw glances which transformed into a stare.

 

"Where is you present Sehun?" Kai said after collapsing on the floor in between Kyungsoo and Baekhyun.

 

"He can't give it to him know."

 

"Why?" Luhan asked, not understanding what Baekhyun meant.

 

"...He'll give you your present later......."

 

Luhan tilted his head in confusion and Baekhyun faceplamed.

 

"He'll give you your present on bed, okay?!"

 

Luhan blinked twice, frowned then opened his eyes and his mouth increasingly to finally let out a gasp and hide his flushed face behind his hands.

 

His best friend sure knew how to embarrass someone.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Don't act like you don't want it.."

 

"Baek!"

 

"What? Isn't it a good present, Sehun?"

 

Luhan looked at Sehun who was sitting next to him, looking at the TV.

 

Sehun shrugged. "Maybe."

 

And everyone looked at him with wide eyes, yes, even Baekhyun, because he was, like everyone else, really startled by Sehun's answer.

 

"Could you do it now?!" Baekhyun asked excitedly, taking his phone out. "It'll be perfect on the couch!"

 

Luhan whined, hiding his burning face a second time behind his hands.

 

Kyungsoo excused himself and left the piece, Kai got up and awkwardly followed him in the kitchen. They came back a minute later with a cake, with the words 'Happy birthday Luhan' written on it. Still bluhing because of Baekhyun, who was trying to get him undressed? Like, what was wrong with him? He thanked everyone and blew the candles, earning claps from all of them.

 

When they were done with all the blessings and messages of why Luhan is a wonderful child by Baekhyun, why he's an amazing friend by Kyungsoo and why are you dating Sehun by Kai, Sehun get up to search for something. He came back and took his place next to Luhan, giving him an envelope.

 

Luhan thanked him and opened it, he get out the content and gasped, he turned to Sehun with wide eyes. "Who? what? How? wha-what's this?!"

 

Sehun smiled. "It's not only me, it's a gift from all of us, we all worked hard to get it in time."

 

"W-wha–"

 

"Oh please Sehun, you worked hard."

 

"Baekhyun is right, we helped a little but it was mostly Sehun. He took extra hours at the cafe for it."

 

"Yeah, I must admit, for once, I'm proud of my best friend."

 

Ignoring Kai's statement, Sehun smiled at Luhan still looking in awe at the gift. "That's why we can't go to the camp."

 

Luhan looked at the paper, not believing that he was actually holding it.

 

A ticket for six days in China.

 

"We want it to be a surprise for both you and your parents, so we didn't tell them."

 

Luhan looked at his friends then slowly turned his head towards Sehun. He was blurry but Luhan could still see his smile. He couldn't control it anymore. He jumped on Sehun and hugged him tightly.

 

"Thank you, thank you!"

 

Sehun patted his head. "You're welco–" he didn't finish because Luhan crashed their lips together. Gently tugging on his hair to deepen the kiss, letting out the happiness but also the love he had inside. He smiled when Sehun's lips started moving in sync with his because it was real and he could feel it. His love for Sehun was real, Sehun loving him was real, his friends staring at him was also real, and he became aware of it when he heard an,

 

"Ahem, we're still here."

 

Luhan pulled away and gave Kai a sheepish smile. "Sorry.." He blushed when he saw Kyungsoo embarrassingly playing with his fingers.

 

"Do you want a kiss from Luhan too, Kai?" Baekhyun asked nonchalantly, strolling through the photos he just took of Luhan and Sehun kissing.

 

"No!"

 

Kai looked at Kyungsoo surprised as to why he replied at his place. The boy didn't say anything. Instead, he ducked his head but they could all see he was all red in the face.

 

Baekhyun snickered, taking a photo of them. He still didn't understand what was the problem of these two and their weird feelings.

 

Since it was almost midnight, Baekhyun proposed Kai to stay at Kyungsoo's place, to which the later who didn't ask anything replied a flat

 

"No."

 

"Come on Kyungsoo! It's raining! You won't let this poor boy walk home and get drenched?"

 

"I have an umbrel–"

 

"You don't!" Baekhyun yelled at Luhan who blinked, taken aback.

 

Kyungsoo sighed. "Why are you so nice to Kai all of a sudden?"

 

Baekhyun looked back at Kyungsoo and took his hands. "Are you jealous?!" he asked with bright eyes.

 

"What?! No!"

 

Baekhyun scrunched his nose. "Lies," he muttered only for Kyungsoo to hear who blushed a bright red.

 

"Thanks for your unexpected concern Baekhyun, but it's fine." Kai got up. "Happy birthday again, Luhan." He had his hand on the doorknob, ready to open it when Kyungsoo grasped his arm.

 

"Wait! You can come!" He stopped breathing when Kai looked at him, "I-I mean, I don't mind... that much..." he added, feeling a heat sentation on his cheeks as he tightened his grip on Kai's arm.

 

Baekhyun squealed and snapped a picture. Kai's shocked expression was really too precious.

 

Luhan thanked them again and waved one last time. Before closing the door, he heard Baekhyun on the hallway saying to Kai and Kyungsoo that he had some condoms in his bags followed by the sound of a door slamming. Luhan shook his head. Baekhyun seriously...

 

"You should go to sleep since you're leaving tomorrow."

 

Luhan turned around, he grinned at Sehun and nodded.

 

 


 

 

The next day, late in the afternoon arrived at the airport, it's when Luhan saw that he was the only one with a suitcase that he finally realized that he was going to leave alone, without his friends,

 

Without Sehun.

 

"What's wrong?" Said boy asked when he saw the panicked look on his boyfriend's face.

 

Even if he was extremely happy to be able to see his parents again, it was the first time he'd be away from Sehun, and for this long. And it just feels... weird.

 

"...I, uhm.."

 

"Don't be so worried," Kai began, walking to Luhan, "I'll make sure Sehun's not depressed without you."

 

"I don't need your help, thankfully."

 

Kai faked a shock expression. "Your boyfriend is so mean!" He side-hugged Luhan. "You should have choose me. Well.. it's not too late." he finished with a wink.

 

After seeing Kyungsoo looking at Kai as if he was planning his death, Sehun pushed his best friend and put his arm around Luhan. "I'll stay with my boyfriend, you go with yours."

 

Kai scoffed. "Kyungsoo's not my boyfriend."

 

Sehun raised an eyebrow. "Who says I was talking about Kyungsoo?"

 

 

"I'm sure you said–"

 

 

"I didn't."

 

 

 

 

"....................."

 

 

 

"Well!" Baekhyun exclaimed. "I'll take care of everything Luhan, don't worry. You can count on me!" Giving his best friend a gentle sqeeze on the shoulders.

 

Luhan laughed, all his worries dissipated.

 

After waving at them and kissing Sehun one last time, Luhan made his way towards the gate.

 

As he loked at his friends leaving the airport, he didn't see the person rushing in front of him.

 

"Oh! Sorry!" He said when he saw the person on the ground. "I wasn't looking!"

 

The boy gladly took Luhan's hand to get up, he chuckled. "It's okay, it's my fault I was– Luhan?!"

 

"I– wha– Junmin?!"

 

"Woah, I didn't expect to see you here..." he breathed looking at Luhan up and down. "You're- you grew up beautifully.."

 

"W-what? No!" Luhan shook his hands. When his friend laughed softly, he coughed. "Uhm.. what are you doing here?"

 

"Coming back to Korea to finish my studies. And you, where are you going?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows while looking at his suitcase.

 

"Oh, I'll spend the vacations with my parents. I'll be back in a week."

 

"We just met and you're leaving already," Junmin smiled slightly. "Well, at least I've seen you. We'll spend some times together when you come back, right? Like the old times."

 

Luhan grinned. "Of course!"

 

 


 

 

When Luhan landed and took the taxi, he directly called Sehun.

 

He was talking with driver when his boyfriend picked up. He quickly turned his attention to him.

 

"Sehun! I–"

 

"Who are you talking with?"

 

Luhan's lips tugged upwards at Sehun's unsettled tone.

 

"With my boyfriend."

 

"With your wha–" Sehun cried but stopped when Luhan laughed. "This is not funny."

 

Luhan smiled, he heard Sehun sighing in relief and lying back down on something. "In bed this early? You miss me already?" he asked grinning.

 

"Not really," Sehun replied, way too quickly if you asked Luhan. "I have work tomorrow. And since you're not here, I can sleep without someone waking me up because he's hungry. Do you miss me?"

 

"Not anymore." Luhan grumbled, pouting. He frowned when Sehun stiffled a laugh.

 

Luhan paid and thanked the taxi driver. Looking ahead at the building he hadn't seen for eleven years, he felt a feeling of satisfaction mixed with one of fear. How will his parents react? Are they even home? They're always so busy.. Will they be okay with his relationship?

 

"Luhan?"

 

He almost forgot Sehun was still on the line. He'd like to talk with him more, to calm himself, but the tiredness in his voice told him not to. He knew that Sehun didn't sleep a lot last night. Luhan was too excited to comprehend Sehun's attention this morning. He understood only a few hours ago when he saw Sehun leaving – the need to hug him and not let go was really strong.

 

"I'm here." Luhan answered, looking at his surroudings when he pushed the door. Nothing changed.. "I just arrived, I'll call you tomorrow, sleep well."

 

Sehun hummed. "Be careful."

 

"Yes, goodnight."

 

 

 

 



http://i.imgur.com/beteA5U.gif  http://i.imgur.com/DQzgfku.gif
http://i.imgur.com/enjFuBc.gif  http://i.imgur.com/KA9rX4V.gif
Hope cute Luhan made you smile. (and Kyungsoo) :)