Come to Me

Captured

Today was a sunny day outside with cotton candy clouds in the sky, the birds were singing and the weather was cool enough for children to be running around in the neighborhood. I had just recently gotten my Canon EOS camera and was eager to take photos of it, rushing out the door to get in my car and drive around looking for a place to take photos at. I decided to park my car at my elementary school's parking lot and walked around taking photos of the neighborhood reminising in memories. I walked across the street to find some shade under a tree near a mailbox. A few photos were taken of inanimate objects and the number of people had decreased due to the temperature of the hot Texas weather.

A middle-aged man wearing a black shirt, jeans, and heavy duty boots made his towards me down the sidewalk. At first I paid no attention to him thinking that he would just walk by but I could feel his piercing gaze on me as he got closer. I glance at him and a wave of deja vu washed over me, I kept getting the feeling that I had seen him many times before but couldn't put a finger on where I did. He was silent, he only walked towards me and gave me a nod. No smile or "how are you today?"

Just a nod.

I greet him and attempt at making small talk, but when his only response was a nod I became discouraged. I ended the conversation and saw him reach out for me, but I dodged his touch and continued taking photos of the scenery around me. I could hear footsteps trailing after me as I continued down the road further away from my car, worried that it would take too long to reach my car to get away before he caught up to me. I walked faster, posing to take a photo of a bulletin board when I saw a hand in the view finder.

Then it went black.

I pulled my camera away from him, shouting "Excuse me, what are you doing to my camera?"

I faintly heard him mumble, "You're going to be mine," and I dashed for it, running for my life down the street. There was no one around so I couldn't call for him, but the urgency was still there. I attempt to cross the street but he grabbed me, bringing me to the ground. I yell out in pain and elbowed him, running despite the pain in my knees and the blood trickling down from them. I yell for help but no one is around to help me, only my attacker. I quickly take a photo of him, making sure I have evidence of who it is and hide my camera in my bag, but it only gave him more time to catch up with me and I find myself on the floor again, crying and struggling against the man trying to take off my clothing while dragging me to a less obvious place.

I fight my hardest against him but he was stronger than me, the cuts on my face and body were stinging and the heat was getting to my head. He punches my gut once and I let out a scream, resisting his attempts to drag me with all my life.

A ray of hope dawned on me as a truck pulled up to the curb honking repeatedly. A woman and a man rush out of the truck, the man chasing after my attacker while the woman tending to my injuries.

"My goodness, I can't believe someone would do this. In broad daylight, too."

I could say nothing, only sobs could emit from my mouth as everything went to black.

I open my eyes and am met with familiar surroundings. I took a deep breath as the realization that everything was just a dream came to me, but everything still felt so real. My elementary school, the street I ran down on, the man who attacked me.

Why did I feel like I had seen him before?

The thought was too real and too scary that I let out a whimper, hugging the stuffed penguin in my arms even tighter. A pair of arms wrap around me and I scream from the shock, the dream still affecting my emotions and my mind. The arms stay wrapped around me as I struggle to release myself from the arms until I hear my name being called by a familiar voice.

"Linda! What's wrong?"

"H-huh...?"

The arms pull me close to his body and I could feel a sense of security with the man behind me. I close my eyes and listened to his voice, the voice so different from the attacker in my dream.

"Why did you scream when I touched you? Did you have a nightmare?"

I nodded.

"What happened?"

"A guy attempted to ually assault me."

Silence filled the air afterwards and I could feel myself dreading to hear his response with every second ticking by. He turned me around so I could look into his eyes as he checked my face, neck, arms, and legs for any signs of injury. I squirm under his gaze and freeze when he looked back into my eyes with relief.

"Thank god you're alright."

"What?"

"I don't know what I'd do if you were hurt anywhere."

Tears form in my eyes as I bury my face in my blanket and push him away from me. A small chuckle came from his lips and he removed the blanket from my face, kissing each inch of skin that was revealed as the blanket fell from my face. A giggle and a whine came from me, turning away from him to look at the ceiling and blushing like crazy.

"You ."

He laughed and wrapped his arms around me once again, kissing my cheek saying "Look at me~" until I gave in and turned to face him. Gently I hold onto his shirt and tug at it, wanting him to hold me closer.

"Hold me."

"Aren't I already holding you?"

"I mean hold me, Jongdae."

A pause came from the both of us until it clicked in his head what I meant. A small smile grew on his face and brought the blanket over our heads, covering us from head to toe.

"My pleasure."

-----------------------------------


A/N: AUGHHHH IT WAS SUCH A SCARY DREAM I WOKE UP FROM MY NAP ALMOST SCREAMING. I'm sorry if I couldn't convey how scary it was to me in words, I just- yeah. The first thing that ran through my head was that I wanted to be held... b-by s-stupid Jongdae so I wrote about it. OTL I wanted cuddles and love it was just that kind of day. Haha!

... I said that already in the foreward didn't I?

Oh well, too lazy to write something else in my author's note. XD