A Nice Night

Be With Me (EDITING)

Your POV:

After Baekhyun had finished treating my wound, he got up and went to put the first aid kit away.  Then I was left with s and started to feel slightly awkward.  Though I was completely starstruck by being near the EXO, I had no idea what to say if Baekhyun wasn't there.  But luckily they were so kind and friendly that they talked to me and and tried to make me feel comfortable.  Soon enough, Baekhyun came back and planted himself down next to me.  

"I thought you were going out on a date with your girlfriend today," D.O. said.

"Well, I was, but then she had a sudden schedule change," Baekhyun replied casually.

Once Baekhyun's words came out of his mouth, my heart dropped once again.  So, I was his second choice; his back up?  My smile that I had on while I was talking with the members, faltered and soon disappeared. 

I knew I was just being dramatic.  I should've known that Taeyeon was his number one priority now, yet somehow in my head I was still convinced that I was still Baekhyun's number one, just as he was my number one.  For some reason, though, I felt a little disappointed and childish at the same time. 

Then Lay asked, "Areum, are you okay?"

At first I didn't even realize he was talking to me.  "Huh?  Y-yeah..." I replied quietly.

Everyone looked my way and I started to feel a little pressure having everyone stare at me like that.  Then I got up and said, "I just need to use the restroom."

Lay nodded and said, "It's just down there."  He pointed down the hallway. 

I nodded and gave him a small smile.  Then went to straight to the bathroom.  I closed the door behind me and stared at myself in the mirror.  I sighed and just sat there for a moment.  Everything's not the same as before, so get a hold of yourself. 

Before leaving the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror and told myself "Stop acting this way.  As long as Baekhyun is happy, you should be happy, too.

 

Baekhyun's POV:

Soon, Areum came back into the living room and sat back down next to me.  Then Jongdae came to sit in front of us and began talking to Areum.  He talked so sweetly and I swear he was flirting with her, which made me frown slightly, but I didn't say anything and just shook it off. 

Then we heard the door unlock and our manager came walking into the living room.  When he saw Areum sitting next to me, he looked curious and tensed up a little bit. 

"Hello, I'm Baekhyun's friend, Areum.  Nice to meet you," she greeted him formally.

"Uhh...  Nice to meet you, too," our manager replied, looking a little uneasy. 

The tense atmosphere grew as our manager just kept staring at Areum.  I could tell that Areum was becoming uncomfortable, so I put my hand on her back and rubbed it in a comforting way.  

"Hyung-" I began, but was cut off when Taeyeon entered behind manager hyung.  She looked at me and Areum in surprise, but said nothing.  I took my hand away from Areum and got up to go to her. 

"Tae," I said with a smile.  "I thought you had a schedule." 

"I did.  We finished early," she told me while forcing a weak smile. 

"Hmm?  What's wrong?" 

She bit her bottom lip and gently tugged on my sleeve and lead the both of us into the kitchen.  When we were in private, Taeyeon held my hand gently and looked into my eyes.  

"Is that that girl that you keep talking about?" she asked, eyes looking sad. 

"Yeah, her name is Areum.  She's my best friend," I explained to her. 

"Oh, is that why you two looked so close to each other?" 

"What are you talking about?" 

Taeyeon didn't say anything.  A small frown appeared onto her face and I couldn't help but caress her cheek.  "Are you jealous?" I asked. 

Again she didn't say anything, but after hesitating for a moment she nodded slightly.  I pulled her into a hug and closed my eyes while kissing the top of her head.  "You don't need to be jealous," I told her.  "I love you." 

"I love you, too," she whispered back. 

 

Your POV:

After EXO's manager walked away, Baekhyun walked over to the girl, which was Taeyeon.  And I awkwardly sat back down with the other members.  I continued to talk with Suho, Kris, Lay, and Chen.  Then Baekhyun called me over.  Before I went over to the two I stared at them. 

After EXO's manager walked away and Baekhyun and Taeyeon left to the kitchen, I was left alone with the members once again.  I continued to talk to Chen, who took Baekhyun's place, and some of the other members who were near by.  Then the couple came back into the room and sat down. 

"This is Areum," Baekhyun introduced me.

I greeted her, "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too.  I'm Taeyeon," she smiled.

After I talked with them for a little bit longer, I stepped back a little.  I felt out of place.  Like how could I be spending time with idols.  Then I decided that I should go home.  I went back over to EXO and told them that I would be going home. 

After talking with them for a while longer, I decided to back away from the conversation.  I felt out of place.  These were idols that I was spending time with.  They started talking about schedules, other idols, SM Entertainment, shows, and some other things that I didn't really know about.  It was then that I decided that I should go home.  Plus I was sure my mom probably needed help at the market. 

"Well, I'm going to get going," I told them all and got up. 

"What?" Lay asked and turned to look at me.

"We don't have schedules tonight, so stay longer," Suho tried to convince me.

"Yeah," Kris agreed.

"No!  Noona don't go," Sehun pleaded.

I smiled and shook my head.  "I have to go.  I might come by again some time."

"Might?  Come over all the time," Chen smiled whiled getting up as well.

"Okay.  I will."  I looked at him and smiled back. 

After saying goodbye to them, I walked to the entrance myself and bent down to put on my shoes.  Then all of a sudden Baekhyun came up behind me and scared me. 

"Ah, you scared me," I exclaimed and lightly punched his chest. 

"Sorry," he apologized with a laugh.

"Thanks for letting me come meet your members by the way."

"It's no big deal, but why are you leaving so early?"

"Well... I have some things I need to do at home," I lied.

"Oh.  Let me drop you off then."

"No, it's okay.  I'll be fine."

"But, it's late.  And how are you going to get home?"

"It's not late, Baekhyun.  It's only two and I can walk home or take the bus."

"No, I can take you," Chen said stopping by the two of us.

"It's okay, really.  I can get home myself," I turned towards him.

"I don't mind.  I'll take you home."

"Bu-"

"No 'buts.'  I'm taking you home."  Chen smiled, not giving me a chance to say anything else, and ran off to his bedroom I assumed because he came back with his jacket. 

"I guess, Chen will take me home, so don't worry about it," I told Baekhyun. 

"Okay.  I'll text you later or something." 

"Alright." 

I said good-bye to all the members and then waved good-bye to Baekhyun.  Then I went to wait for Chen at the entrance.  And as I was putting on my Converse shoes, being the clumsy me, I slipped and was about to fall backwards.  But then someone caught me.  When I looked to see who it was, I found Chen smiled down at me. 

When Chen came back I said goodbye to Baekhyun once again and tried to walk towards the door until I tripped on a shoe and was about to fall until I felt someone catch me.  I stood up straight and looked at Chen who had a concerned look on his face. 

"Are you okay?" he asked. 

"S-sorry.  I'm very clumsy," I apologized.

"You don't have to apologize.  I'm just glad you didn't get hurt."  He smiled. 

I gave him a quick shy smile before stepping outside of their dorm.  Chen followed and closed the door behind us.  Then we made our way down to the parking lot. 

 

Baekhyun's POV:

I was kind of hurt at the fact that Areum kept denying me to drop her off back at home, but didn't give a thought to Jongdae when he told her that he could drop her off.  She didn't even give me a proper goodbye.  All she did was wave quickly and leave with Jongdae. 

Speaking of the two, they got along quite quickly if you ask me.  They kind of hit it off and it bothered me slightly.  I tried not to think too much of it though as I went back into the living room to join the others. 

After a while Taeyeon and I retreated to my room-- well, shared room.  We sat on my bed and talked to each other about what's been going on in our lives.  She cuddled closely to me and laid her head on my chest as she talked about her schedule and members.  Although Taeyeon and I always did this, something hit me.  I remembered how Areum and I were almost just as close as this when we were younger.  Though we didn't cuddle, we would talk and whisper secrets to each other a lot. 

 

Jongdae's POV:

I stopped and parked in front of Areum's house when she pointed to it.  It was a small house, but it still looked nice.  She said it only has 3 bedrooms and that there are five others living with her.  I felt kind of bad for her since that seemed a little cramped, but she said that she liked it.  We got out of the car and I walked with her up to her front porch. 

"Thanks for taking me home, Chen," she said and smiled.

"No problem.  It was nice hanging out with you," I said.

"Yeah.  I enjoyed it."

"I'm glad you did.  Definitely come by again, okay?"

"Yes, I will."

"You know, you could've stayed longer."

"I don't know...  I just didn't want to bother you guys."

"You're no bother."

"I know but still." 

"Is there something bothering you?" 

"No...  Uhm, I have to go, but I'll see you again." 

"Can we exchange numbers?"

"Oh, yeah sure." 

After I had Areum's number in my phone I watched her go inside and then I left, smiling happily to myself. 

 

 

 


Hihi!  an update for you guys!  I hope you like it!  And Chen and you are getting pretty close, huh?  hehe... :)

 

Thanks

~Angelflyer

 

(7/10/17)

Hi guys!  I'm super duper sorry!  I went on vacation and was kinda lazy so I didn't come onto AFF that often.  Just quick checks, that's all...  But I will absolutely try to update again this week before the weekend. 

Oh!  By the way do any of you guys know baekyeolangst?  Can anyone tell me what happened to her profile?  I was so sad to find that it was deactivated.... If anyone knows any details can they tell me? 

Also... I know this was a while back, the SMTown Workshop in Jeju, but can someone tell me about the whole thing with Baekhyun's Instagram and fans taking pictures?  What were the pictures of? 

AND, are you guys excited for EXO's comeback?!?!?!?  Omg you guys have no idea how much I'm dying inside just waiting for it hahah!  (but I'm just a little upset that Lay won't be participating in the promotions...  I was really looking forward to OT9 for this comeback TT_TT) 

Anyways, finally, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed!  :D