Worried

Be With Me (EDITING)

Your POV: 

Minkyung happily played with new teddy bear that Eunsun's coworker bought him, Eunsun was taking a nap and laid her head on Myungdae's lap, and Myungdae and I were just watching some show on t.v.  It was a peaceful night and things were quiet until our home phone rang.  Myungdae gently lifted Eunsun's head off his lap and went to go answer it. 

When he came back from answering the phone, there was panic in his eyes.  I sat up straight and looked at him expectantly. 

"What?" I asked, slightly afraid of what he was going to say. 

"Mom and dad got into a car accident," he replied.

"W-what?  Where are they now?"

"At the hospital.  Hurry up if you want to come."

"O-Okay." 

I ran to grab my jacket and barely even slipped on a pair of random shoes before rushing out of the house and crawling into the car.  Myungdae, who was already in the car, ran back to the house to wake Eunsun and tell her where we were going before coming back and rushing to the hospital.  In the car, Myungdae was speeding and making dangerous turns, which scared me, but luckily we made it there safely. 

We walked into the hospital building and want straight to the reception desk.  As Myungdae talked with the nurse and signing a visitor pass, I looked around and noticed how many people were there.  Many were dressed in a patients' gown and usually had a nurse or someone else beside them. 

Suddenly, Myungdae began walking away with a nurse, so I had to hurry to catch up with them.  The nurse showed us the room that our parents were in and then left.  While I was a bit reluctant to go into the room, Myungdae opened the door and immediately entered. 

Inside the room, our mom was sat in a chair beside the hospital bed and looked pretty scratched up.  Our dad, on the other hand, was laying motionless on the bed with his injuries looking painful as hell.  I gently closed the door behind me while Myungdae went and put a hand on our mom's shoulder. 

She looked up at Myungdae and wrapped her arms around him.  Then she spotted me and pulled me into the hug as well.  It was a bone-crushing hug, but I didn't care at the moment.  All I could do was let out silent cries. 

Finally, after we all calmed down, we sat around the hospital bed and talked about their condition and what had happened.  Myungdae and my mom talked about the car accident, but I wasn't paying any attention.  I just couldn't take my eyes off of my father.  It really hurt me watching lay on the bed like that.  It almost seemed unrealistic.  As if I were just dreaming. 

Silently, I got up and walked out of the room.  I wounded up in an empty waiting room with my head in my hands and more tears finding its way down my cheeks. 

Soon, Myungdae had found me and checked up on me before going back to the room.  I sighed and shifted in the cushioned, hospital chair.  What's going to happen now?  When will dad wake up?  What if he never wakes up?  Why did this have to happen?  I was completely lost in thought until my phone buzzed again.  It had been buzzing for quite a while, actually, but I just didn't bother to pick it up. 

I finally took it out of my pants pocket and checked my notifications.  I had 2 missed calls and 9 messages.

MESSAGES:

Baekhyun Oppa [5:24 pm]: I'm really bored.  We don't have a schedule today.  What are you doing?  Why don't we go hang out tonight?

Baekhyun Oppa [6:52 pm]: Are you mad at me?  Please don't be mad at me... V.V

Jongdae [6:55 pm]: Hey what's up?

Jongdae [7:00 pm]: Aruem I miss you~

Baekhyun Oppa [8:02 pm]: Why didn't you answer my call?

Baekhyun Oppa [8:07 pm]: Areum....  Answer me... 

Tao [8:10 pm]: Noona, are you okay?  Baekhyun keeps saying he can't contact you.  Are you mad at him? 

Jongdae [8:23 pm]: Areum, are you okay?  Please answer

Jongdae [8:33 pm]: I called but you didn't pick up!  Please answer me!

After reading their texts, I decided to go out to the hospital's garden so that I could call them.  I felt bad for not answering them and making them worry, but at the same time I couldn't help my emotions after hearing what happened to my parents. 

"Areum!!" Baekhyun yelled into the phone. 

"Hey," I said quietly. 

"Why didn't you answer me?!?" I heard Tao scream in the background.

"Sorry, Tao-ah." 

"Are you okay?  Were you busy or something?  'Cause usually you text me back right away," Baekhyun stated, voice calm and gentle. 

"Uh... Y-yeah.  I'm at the hospital now... sorr-"

"The hospital?" both Tao and Sehun exclaimed at the same time.

"Yah!  Be quiet you two," I heard Jongdae scold them.

"Why?  What happened?" Baekhyun asked, obviously worried.

I was silent for a moment  and remembered the image of my dad on the hospital bed motionless.  Tears rolled down my cheeks once again.  "M-my dad... was in a car accident..." I tried saying as calmly as I could even though my lips were quivering and my voice was choking up. 

"Is he okay?"

"I'm... not sure..."

"Did you want me to meet you there?"

"N-No.  It's okay.  I have to bring my mom home soon anyway."

"Are you sure?  I don't mind coming over."

"It's okay.  You should go hang out with your girlfriend since it must be hard to see each other often."

There was only silence over on Baekhyun's line after I had said that. 

"Well, I better go."

"Okay...  I'll see you."

"Bye."

After I hung up, I went back up to the room.  My mom was still crying her heart out while my brother sat beside her and comforted her as best as he could.  I went to sit next to my dad's bed and held his hand.  While I held it, I hoped that he would wake up soon. 

"Mom, let's go home.  Myungdae will stay with dad tonight," I told her after noticing how late it was.

"No, I'll stay with your father, Myungdae has work tomorrow morning," she said. 

"Don't you want to change?"

"Just bring some clothes for me when you visit tomorrow."

Myungdae and I both nodded our heads and headed back to the car.  When we got home, Minkyung was already fast asleep, but Eunsun was still up and pacing back and forth.  When we entered, Eunsun turned and looked at us. 

"How are they?" she asked worriedly.

"Dad... is in a coma..." Myungdae answered sadly. 

Eunsun gasped and tears escaped her eyes.  She walked away to her room and Myungdae quickly followed after her.  I just stood in the middle of the living room by myself for a moment before turning off the lights and going to my room as well.  I felt extremely tired and laid in my bed, but I just could not fall asleep.  I couldn't stop thinking about my father. 

 

Baekhyun's POV: 

Early in the morning, the members and I headed over to the company and practiced for a little bit.  After practice, we hung around the company and watched some of the trainees train.  It was quite nostalgic to watch them work so hard. 

Then, when it was time to head back to the dorm, someone grabbed my arm as I was walking down to the lobby.  I was surprised, but when I realized that it was only Taeyeon, I relaxed. 

"Hey, babe," she beamed.

"How are you?" I asked and moved her hair away from her face. 

"I'm better now that you're here."

I blushed.  Taeyeon was always a smooth talker.  "What are you doing at here?"

"The CEO wanted to talk to me about some stuff."

"Oh.  Well, I just finished with practice and was about to head back to my dorm.  Did you want to come?"

"I actually have a schedule soon.  So, I can't.  I'm sorry."

"It's okay.  I'll see you later then.  I love you."

"Love you, too." 

She kissed my cheek before she left towards the practice rooms.  Then I went to the parking lot and joined the others in the van to go home.  I rested for a bit before the maknaes suggested we go out to eat.  When we got back, it was already late in the afternoon, but there wasn't much to do.  Most of the members were still out and the rest were just hanging out at home taking naps and whatnot. 

As I went through a mental list of things I could still do before I went to bed, Areum came to my mind.  I tried texting her, but she didn't respond.  At first I didn't think too much of it because she could've been eating or showering, but when she didn't answer them or call me back after a long while, I started to get worried.  When I expressed my worriedness to Tao, Sehun, and Jongdae, who were all home, they tried texting her, too.  In the end, she didn't reply to any of us. 

I was thinking about going to her house to see if she was okay, but then she finally called back.  From the moment she answered I noticed how upset she sounded.  Then she told us about her dad being in the hospital and started crying.  Right then I wanted to go to where she was and hug the life out of her until she felt better, but then she told me that I should go hang out with Taeyeon.  I was a bit hurt, if I were to be honest, but I decided to just leave it at that. 

After we hung up with each other, I sat on the couch feeling a little depressed that I couldn't be there to comfort her, but then again maybe she just needed some time alone to clear things up in her mind.  Whether she needed alone time or not, I still wanted to be by her side and be the best friend that I am... or was to her. 

There were days where I really wanted to go back to the past when we were younger.  To when we could always hang out and mess around and tell each other everything and anything.  And to just be together forever...

 

 

 


Hey guys!  here's an update for you!  i hope you like it!  and for Chen's part, he would be like sad and want to be with you.  the only reason why i didn't type it out was because it would've been too short, like only a paragraph :P  but yea... OH!  and also, thank you guys soooooooooooo much for subscribing!! there are 42 subscribers now and you cannot believe how happy i am!!  maybe i'll post another chapter up, but depends if i'm lazy or not >_<

 

Thanks

~Angelflyer

 

(8/30/17) 

Drama's starting to start now~  Oh, and old subbies, I hope it's not as cringy as it used to be before haha!  I think I did pretty well with this chapter :)  I hope you guys are enjoying reading, comment if you are :D