Scandal2: Ugly Step Sister

Dream Boy

"H-He was fine. We don't have many classes together. He really is a special boy though!"

I sneak away as soon as possible, ashamed of my lie. I begin to flip thru music for my acoustic when I hear the bell behind me and cringe. I hear the door open and shut behind me, all the attention dragged to me. I turn around and smile a little.

"Toru! Good, you met me here! I thought you got lost!" I say hoping he'll play along.

"Um, yeah" he said simply as he walked towards his father whom I just finished speaking.

I put my head back down in the music. Not a single reaction. Not even of confusion, he didn't even play along!

I pull one out and walk back home still feeling like I'm choking. This is how the story works Miu. This is how it's always worked. He falls in love with the princess or even the homely girl, neither of which are you.The slipper didn't fit, you're not trapped in a tower. You're just Miu, a friend who plays along with the game. He was supposed to be dating me. But he ran off with another girl. To no surprise really, I would have done the same.

Flashback:

Sitting outside the front of his home, Toru is teaching me how to build sandcastles. As I finish filling a bucket with moist sand and patting it down, he helps my heave it over. He looks down on me and smiles. I can barely see his face because of the sun behind him, making him appear almost as a silhouette. I have sand in my hair making me a bit itchy and I giggle around happily. Such a nice memory.

"It looks cool huh? This can be king Toru's castle......" I declare jamming a stick into the top.

"hahaha it looks good, princess Miu" he says putting my favourite doll in front of it.

"Toru, do you think we'll be together forever?" I ask just like any child.. shamelessly.

"Of cours-" 

"TORRUUUU!! ToRUUUU!!!!" I hear being yelled from another direction. Soon a girl in a pretty dress, a perfectly clean one at that. Runs up to us as I bite my tongue and work on the castle.

"Look what I made you!" she says throwing it over his head. "It's a flower necklace.. they call them leis in America" she looked down and heaved him out of the sandbox. 

"That place is filthy! Don't go in there!" she nagged him playfully, brushing him off.

"Yeah.. they're a symbol of.. affection." he says looking down at it.

She smiles and gives a firm but bashful nod.

Present:

I cringe at the memory. It was already downhill from there. But that stupid new neighbour girl ruined everything. It was that moment that made it official. I realize I'm clenching my teeth and loosen them. I'm just the ugly step-sister. No changing the story. I plop on a bench in a small neighborhood park. Almost dizzy from anger. I take out my guitar and I feel better the second I feel it in my grasp. I glance around making sure nobody of importance was near. Nobody is, or ever was. So I pull out the sheet from my backpack.

_______________

So I went back in time and read my stories. And to be honest it has been so long the endings surprised ME. hahaha "Wow this writer is good"

Lately my writing has been terrible. But I just didn't have a lot of time to write or even to think about what to write. But guess what?

It's summer!! Which means I have almost all the time in the world to write. So I'm back and ready to roar! I also got a new subscriber! Almost right after I added a new chapter! It was a real treat to get the excitement of a new sub again (I'm talking like and old lady) back in my day....

So if you have any ideas I am all ears! I am going to finish this Toru fic and start up again hopefully writing longer 1-2 chap stories. Thank-you for reading!One OK Rock photo: ryota-headbang headbang3.gif" />