School Trips and Silent Worries

The Outcast Club
My Type - iKON
 
------------------------
 
“Can’t you apply it more gently?” Yura snapped, glaring over her shoulder.
 
“It’s not my fault that you’re the one who didn’t put any medicine on this until now,” Jungkook retorted. He had the club’s trusty first-aid kit open on the coffee table and splayed pain cream for bruises on her back. The bruise had already turned into a rich shade of purple. “Why didn’t you go to see Yoomi noona anyway? She can patch this up better than I can.”
 
Yura didn’t want to indulge in the fact that she had already been in a little tiff with her about taking care of herself, so she held her silence. Jungkook sighed in resignation “Fine, don’t tell me. You have a reason. I’ll respect it.”
 
Yura rested her head against her palm, staying silent while Jungkook carefully tended to her wound. His touch tickled at times, but strangely, she didn’t mind it. At the beginning, she refused his offer to help her, but he somehow managed to force her to sit down.
 
Jungkook’s gaze traced the back of Yura’s icy-white skin and he automatically grimaced as he saw the angry purpling bruise staining it.
 
“You got this bruise from that bastard who tried to jump Haera at the party, right?”
 
Yura pursed her lips together silently.
 
“Right?” he pressed on. She felt him stop his movements behind her, waiting for her reply.
 
“…Yeah,” Yura couldn’t hide it anymore. She didn’t see a reason to, anyway.
 
“,” Jungkook murmured in spite. "Didn't he learn not to raise a hand against any woman?"
 
Yura exhaled.
 
“You have to take care of yourself so that she doesn’t leave a mark,” he added quietly. “Nobody has the right to leave a permanent scar on your body, and that goes for Haera, too.” he pulled down her shirt and put the tape and cream away before washing his hands in the classroom sink.
 
Yura knew he was right. She touched the small of her back and instantly felt the sting of the ointment working its magic underneath a piece of gauze. Yura softened as she leaned back on the sofa – it felt a bit better than before now.
 
Her gaze lifted up to Jungkook’s broad back as he rinsed out his hands. His white dress shirt sleeves were rolled up, and his shirt was untucked, red tie loosened. With a warm, tickling sensation in her belly, Yura simply watched him.
 
Where had he been all this time? And what had he been doing? Yura was curious, but didn’t voice it out just yet.
 
Jungkook whistled as he dried his hands and turned around to see Yura intensely staring at him. He faltered before letting out a laugh. “Seriously, why do you keep staring at me like that?”
 
Yura blinked and looked away, “Nothing.”
 
Jungkook tilted his head in puzzlement and before she knew it, he was crouching down in front of her. “What’s going on? Did something happen again?”
 
He pinned her with his chocolate gaze as his eyebrows pinched in worry, lips slightly parted and warm breath escaping in slow huffs.
 
She realized she was holding her breath and leaned away from his intent gaze, “N-No, it’s not that—”
 
Yuuuura!” Thankfully, the door flung open, and in poured V, J-Hope, Haera, Jimin, Suga, and Rapmon.
 
“And here they come,” Jungkook glanced back and sighed as she quickly let out the breath she was holding, heart beating fast. Thank goodness they came in. That was awkward.
 
Haera scanned the area and made a bolt towards Yura. “You got hurt?! Where?! Are you ok—MMPF!” J-Hope and V hurried to check her condition as well.
 
At once, Jungkook held out his arms and scooped the frantic female away from her. “’Oi, the idiot trio – you’re not allowed near the patient. My orders.”
 
Haera protested, “Let me see her! She’s my friend, you know?”
 
“Yeah, and she got a bruise from protecting you, so give her some space, okay?” Jungkook pinched the tip of Haera’s nose. Haera’s jaw fell open as she turned to Yura in devestation, “W-What?”
 
Jimin’s eyes widened, “Is it really that bad?”
 
“It’s not that bad,” Yura quickly refuted, “Jungkook’s exaggerating.”
 
“I wish I was,” Jungkook muttered before gently pushing her onto the couch again. Yura softly plopped down in bewilderment and Jungkook gave her a stern look that clearly told her to stay.
 
“If you need to talk to her, talk to her now. Don’t suffocate her by hanging all over her, Haera.” He lightly scolded.
 
Haera crossed her arms with a frown, “I don’t!” she tapered off until turning to Yura with big, guilty eyes, “I don’t though… right?”
 
Yura simply laughed as Suga knocked on Haera’s head with his fingers. He clucked his tongue disapprovingly. “If she’s laughing, that means it’s true.”
 
V plopped down on the floor with his brown, fluffy hair and rested his head on top of his arms, watching Yura with a sad gaze. Yura warmly grinned for a second and patted his head.
 
From the corner of his eye, Jungkook saw the interaction and suppressed a hidden smile.
 
J-Hope, breathless, tossed his badminton racket on the ground limply and collapsed onto a nearby chair. “Thank God you made it here. You looked like you were about to pass out earlier!”
 
The room suddenly grew thick with silence as everyone stared at J-Hope.
 
J-Hope, eyes closed, suddenly perked up, eyeing everyone’s miffed stares. “What?” he jerked up, “Why are you all staring at me like that?”
 
Suga was the first to raise an eyebrow at him. “…Does Coach Ha know that you stole his racket and left in your gym uniform?”
 
J-Hope stared at him for a second before waving in disbelief, “Hey, what nonsense are you spouting? I’m in my school unifor—” his gaze fell down to where his blazer and tie should’ve been… only to find his bright red gym shirt and track pants.
 
With widening eyes, he stared from his gym clothes to the abandoned badminton racket on the floor, and then back at his clothes. It took him around three seconds to realize it before he looked at the time, shrieked in horror, and bolted out the door.
 
“OH, CRAP!”
 
Everyone burst out in laughter as Suga rolled his eyes. “Typical. What a loon.”
 
At that moment, the door swung open again to reveal Jin being guided by Yoomi, clad in her nurse’s jacket.
 
“Okay, here we are, Seokjin—oh!” Yoomi did a double take at all the gathered HFC members, “I understand that Namjoon and Yoongi are here for spare, but what are the rest of you juniors doing here?” she lightly scolded.
 
Oh crap, if she finds out I’m hurt, I won’t hear the end of it, Yura thought. Luckily for her, Jungkook saw her uncomfortableness and quickly cut in, “Just hanging. School life is tiring, you know, ssem?”
 
Yoomi narrowed her eyes, challenging them all, before quickly getting over it. “…Alright, I’ll pretend I didn’t see you for today. I trust that you all won’t be skipping the school trip next week?”
 
“The Annual Club Clash?” Jimin gaped. “That’s next week?” Haera squealed in disbelief.
 
“Yes…?” Yoomi said in surprise. “Namjoon didn’t tell you?”
 
“What the hell man? You’re the leader of the student council, too!” Suga nudged his side as Rapmon flushed in embarrassment, “I forgot…”
 
“Huh? What school trip?” Yura asked in absolute puzzlement.
 
“The Club Clash is a gathering of all the members of the clubs in Hanyang High. We do events with each other and take a short break from school for the few days we’re there.” Jin explained.
 
Yura chuckled, “The Club Clash? Lame. Sounds like a bad movie title.”
 
“It is pretty lame,” Suga admitted. “I concur.”
 
“When is it anyway? Huh, Namjoon?” Haera teased as Rapmon flushed again. “Next Wednesday. Make sure you let all your teachers know.”
 
Yura and V glanced at each other and hi-fived in delight. School trips minus the "school" made the world go round.
 
________________
Double update for my lovely readers! Enjoy! :D
-muzikmaster.