1

Notorious Chase

Soft music playing on his head phones, phone at his right hand and paper cup of Mocha Latte on his other hand, DongHae was lead out of his private plane by his manager and the security team. 

 

"Are you ready, DongHae?" Ga In, his manager, asked over her shoulder.

 

The brunet merely nodded before tucking his phone on his pocket and let out a sigh. Once the double doors were pushed open, he lifted his head high with confidence wearing that bright and innocent smile that had the cameras flashing, reporters shouting at the top of their lungs spouting nonsense after nonsense and of course, the numerous fans who were holding banners of welcome home and shrieking in glee as they spotted the artist. And just like he always did, DongHae found looked straight into one random camera, held up his cup as if offering a toast and gave a subtle wink and that sweet grin that got everybody---even the guys--- swooning.

 

*

 

As soon as the doors of his apartment was closed shut, DongHae dropped his back pack on the floor and began climbing down the stairs to his sanctuary. His place was a two story apartment, the top floor where the entrance door was located held the living room where he entertained some guests and the bar. The bottom floor, however, was his little piece of heaven; it was where his bedroom, kitchen and dining area was located and of course, his wardrobe. He got this place a year and a half ago and he could say that this place was the best thing he ever bought with his hardwork money. Those days of recording, nights of practicing really paid off.

 

 

He was pulled out from his reverie when he reached the bottom stair and his phone started ringing. Fishing it out of his pocket as he went straight to the kitchen to get some orange juice, he scowled when he saw the caller id.

 

Calling...Monkey HyukJae

 

And it definitely paid off being annoyed and toyed at by this certain obnoxious blonde primate.

 

Placing his phone down and ignoring his phone, he opened the fridge and searched for his juice. A few seconds later, the rigning stopped but resumed like it didn't disappear in the first place. By the time DongHae got his juice and finished drinking a half glass, his phone was saying he missed 3 missed calls. He huffed, lifted his shirt up and walked straight to his bed, still ignoring his once again ringing phone, then flomped down his soft matress. Not a moment too soon, his eyes were shut and was drifting off to dream land.

 

*

 

From another side of the city, a certain blonde head huffed in irritation as his call reached voice mail once again. Flipping his phone shut, he threw it carelessly at the sofa as he concentrated on the television once again, wherein a brunet was being shown coming out of the airport, then in that fleeting moment, the said brunet winked and flashed that toothy grin.

 

The blonde pressed pause on his remote, focused on a winking and smiling brunet. He looked intently at the frozen picture for a few seconds before he chuckled and muttered under his breath, "You can't ignore me forever, Lee Donghae."

 

*

 

The moment he opened his eyes, it was because of his doorbell sounding off followed by those incessant knocking on his double doors. Grabbing a pillow to cover his ears, it did no good as he could still hear that someone trying to put his door down. Finally had enough, he kicked the sheets off his body and grumbly made up the stairs barefooted. The knocking grew louder as he reached the top stair and harshly pulled the door open to see the most unwanted person right now.

 

Lee EunHyuk was standing in front of him, wearing that deep V-neck white shirt, a snugged black jeans with rips on his mid thigh partnered with black combat boots. If only this guy wasn't as annoying as he is, Donghae would probably compliment his taste in fashion. But as he noted the blonde's form; his right hand lifted and curled in fists as he was about to knock---again--- and that sheepish smile on his face, DongHae could not help but think just what bad thing he did on his previous life to be tormented by this mutant primate.

 

"Eunhyuk-ssi, to what do I owe the pleasure?" he asked in a voice dripping with sarcasm.

 

He heard the blonde's usual deep and completely amused chuckle as he answered, "Oh, I think it is I who should be saying that, DongHae. It is pleasure to view you like this---very pleasured. Do you mind if we do this quite often?"

 

Confused, the brunet looked at EunHyuk to find the latter's eyes scanning his body up and down. Only did he realize that he was shirtless. In slight panic, he lets out a tiny shriek---a manly shriek, by the way--- and seek the cover of his door. He hid his bare upper body behind the white door, his head the only thing visible as he sent the erted man a scalding glare. "I believe you shoudl leave, Lee EunHyuk-ssi."

 

"No need to be shy, Hae," the blonde said calmly, "It's not as if your body hasn't been plastered all around Seoul, you know. I believe everyone has seen it so you don't really have to act like a blushing bride seen by her husband for the first time."

 

"I am not shy! And I am not a bride, either!"

 

"Oh, so are you saying that I'd be the bride in this relationship? I have you know, Hae, that although I appear to be quite slim and your body have more muscles, I assure you that the part of my body that matters most surpasses a grade above average---I would go as far as excellent, but that would make me sound so big-headed; even if I am big-headed. If you catch my drift," EunHyuk ended with that playful smirk.

 

DongHae could not believe he is hearing this. He is tired and is currently experiencing jet lag from being in Los Angeles for two weeks and now he is having this erted, non-sense converation with the person he least wanted to see once he got back in Seoul. "EunHyuk-ssi, I apologize if I can't really entertain your dirty mind and filthy words with the right amount of contempt for the moment, but I am tired and I'd be grateful if you'd just leave," he said with an exhausted voice, as if the slight bickering with this guy drained what ever energy his slept earlier procurred.

 

"Have you eaten?"

 

He raised his head quite surprised from the sudden change of subject. But when he saw EunHyuk looking serious eyeing him with that unknown expression, he answered softly, "Not yet."

 

EunHyuk lets out a sigh and bent to the side where in he produced a paperbag. He stood straight and handed it out the the baffled brunet who eyes the object with suspicion. "I thought you haven't had dinner and you get quite cranky when you have an empty stomach so I took liberty of getting you your supper. It's from that taco house you are fond of. This would be good til tomorrow for breakfast so eat it slowly so you don't get indigestion. There's also some herbal tea inside; you like green tea, right?" he informed the stunned brunet. When DongHae didn't move an inch, EunHyuk sighed and just put the paper bag down in front DongHae and stood straight again. "That's all. Go eat and take a rest." And with that, the blonde headed towards the elevator. Once he was inside and the door was closing, he smiled gently at the still frozen form of DongHae before he really disappeared.

 

A few seconds passed, and when the elevator indicated that it reached the ground floor, he took hold of the paper bag, the smell of the food invading his senses and he sighed in content. As he closed the door and went down the stairs, he didn't even notice that he's wearing a small smile as he started digging through the food EunHyuk brought over.

 

*

 

Later that night, once he did his daily night routine, he headed back to bed freshly showered. He was drying his hair, seated at the edge of his bed when his phone beeped indicating a new message. He grabbed it and opened the new message. But as soon as he saw the photo attached to it, he cursed the sender and his self when he felt warm on the cheeks.

 

 

I felt it unfair, for your sake, that I got to see your nice body and you didn't get to see mine ;)

Sleep well, Hae <3

 

With a furious reply of the brunet turned his phone off and dropped down on the bed. Annoyed at EunHyuk. Annoyed that the blonde head could get into his skin like this. And annoyed because he caught himself thinking that EunHyuk had a nice body too.

 

"He does not have a nice body, damn it!" He shouted, eyes glaring at the ceiling before he forced himself to sleep.