Theme 070

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: 67%
Pairing: HyuKen
Related Chapter: none
Word Count: 891

                     

Ken scowled at the screen of his phone, reading over the words printed there for the fifth time.

Ken. Hyuk. 67% chance of successful relationship.

That just………hurt. N had told Ken not to play around with the stupid love calculator. The leader had going to great lengths to make sure Ken knew that the only thing that could come of such a game was trouble and hurt feelings. Ken had been a fool not to listen to the older. But at the time it had been fun. He’d gotten quite the kick out of entering in random names of people he knew and seeing the response the calculator gave.

Then, he’d gotten bored of putting in names of other people. He’d entered his own name and paused, trying to figure out who else to use. It was bad luck for him that Hyuk – his group’s maknae and his crush – had walked by. The choice had been made and Ken had honestly thought that the calculator would dish out a high percentile. Not that it would make him go out and confess his feelings, but it’s always nice to have something that said you and your crush would be good together.

Instead, Ken got a 67%.

At first, he hadn’t thought it was too big a deal. 67% wasn’t that far from 70%. It wasn’t like it was 50% or something lower. Nothing to throw a fit over. Nothing to worry about. But Ken’s curiosity got the better of him and he put in someone else’s name in place of his own.

Leo. Hyuk. 74% chance of successful relationship.

That one stung. Seven percent different stung a lot more than you would think. Ken had just stared blankly at his phone, not sure if he really believed what he was reading. So he tried again, this time using everyone’s real names.

Jaehwan. Sanghyuk. 56% chance of successful relationship.

Taekwoon. Sanghyuk. 86% chance of successful relationship.

Ken felt like crying. How could the percent go down like that just because he changed to his real name? What did the use of Hyuk’s full name do that was special enough to change the percentages so drastically? This was just……so unfair.

Ken tossed his phone to the side and headed to his room so that he could curl up in bed and sulk. He just…..he wanted to be alone. Realistically, he knew that what the stupid game said didn’t affect anything. Just because the calculator gave Leo and Hyuk a 74 and 86, that didn’t mean that they would end up together. But that didn’t make it hurt any less.

“Hyung?” Hyuk called about an hour later, “are you alright?”

“Fine,” Ken replied, not even bothering to look at the younger.

“You left your phone on the floor,” Hyuk said, walking over, “N hyung asked me to give it to you so that you could put it someplace safe. If someone accidently stepped on it, you’d be out of a phone.”

“Don’t care,” Ken muttered.

He didn’t really mean that, but he was just so depressed. The whole time he’d been lying there, he’d been comparing his relationship to the one Leo and Hyuk had.  Sure he could always make Hyuk laugh, but Leo could hug Hyuk or riffle his hair or just touch him without the maknae pulling away. He pulled away from N, too. Did that mean he viewed Ken the same way he viewed N? A parental figure?

“You don’t mean that, hyung,” Hyuk smiled, shaking Ken’s shoulder as if that would make the older get up.

“Please, Hyukkie,” Ken sighed, “just leave me alone.”

“No,” Hyuk frowned, deeply concerned about Ken’s behaviour.

Ken didn’t normally get this depressed. He was always so cheerful – or seemed to be since Hyuk knew the older liked to hide his pain – and it was a rarity to see him unhappy. Hyuk’s eyes drifted to the phone in his hand. Something told him that the device had something to do with why Ken was so upset. Had he stumbled across a blog run by an anti? That would explain it.

However, Hyuk didn’t find a blog when he took a look at Ken’s phone. Instead, he found a love calculator. He knew that Ken had been playing around with the calculator the past several days – N had been doing a lot of muttering about that so it was hard not to know – but he didn’t expect to see his own name there. He didn’t expect to see Leo’s name either, but that did help him figure out what had upset Ken so much.

“Hyung,” Hyuk asked, lying down beside the older and wrapping his arms around him, “what percent did it give us?”

“67% with our stage names,” Ken sighed, knowing that he couldn’t lie to Hyuk now that the younger had figured out everything, “and 56% with our real names.”

“Stupid game,” Hyuk laughed, “I’d give us a way higher percentage.”

“Huh?” Ken looked up, surprised to hear that, “what?”

“I like you too, hyung,” Hyuk grinned, pulling back slightly so that Ken could roll over and face him, “I think that ups the chances of a successful relationship, don’t you?”

Ken smiled before wrapping his arms around Hyuk’s waist burying his head in the younger’s neck. Hyuk just smiled and pulled his hyung closer.

A/N: not sure if this is crap or super sweet. Either way, I hope you guys like it!