Theme 056

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Danger Ahead
Pairing: Luck
Related Chapter: 26, 30, 35, 40, 47, 59, 66, 73, 75, 83, 86, 89
Word Count:566

                     

Leo glared down at the message in his hands. He could hear Ravi in another room throwing things around and Ken was crying in his own room. N and Hongbin were out and had yet to see the letter, but he could imaging their reactions would be just as sad or violent.

“Leo,” Hyuk said, resting his head against the elder’s shoulder, “what are we going to do?”

“I don’t know,” Leo sighed, throwing an arm around Hyuk’s shoulders and pulling him into a tight hug, “I honestly don’t know.”

“How did they ever find us?” Hyuk wondered, “We covered our tracks so well. We move around so often that even I don’t know where we are half the time.”

“Don’t know,” Leo replied, “but they aren’t going to touch us. I swear that they’ll never lay a hand on you or our child.”

“I know,” Hyuk smiled before pressing a quick kiss to Leo’s lips, “I should go check on the baby.”

“Alright,” Leo nodded, softly kissing the back of Hyuk’s hand before allowing the younger to leave.

With a sigh, Leo returned his attention to the paper in his hands. He felt scared as he read over the words printed there, warning him and the others that those who had once captured and tormented them planned to strike again. A year ago, the letter wouldn’t have mattered. But things were different.

For starters, he now had a child to look after. Hyuk was still weak from the birth, even three months later. That in itself concerned Leo, he assumed that Hyuk should have recovered already. N had assured him that the youngest would be fine, that he just needed some time and blood, but Leo knew that the leader was just as worried as he was.

“Leo?” N frowned slightly when he returned home a few hours later, Hongbin trailing behind with a sleepy expression on his face, “what’s wrong?”

Leo simply handed over the message before leaving to find his mate and child. He heard N let out an angered roar and frowned slightly. It was never wise to be near N when he was in a blind rage so he hoped that Hongbin got out of their quickly.

“Hyung,” Hongbin called, rushing after him, “can I say something?”

“Yes,” Leo nodded, pausing to face the other.

“Don’t worry about Hyuk and the baby,” Hongbin said, “all of us will lay down our lives to protect them. We’re family, hyung. That’s what we do.”

“I know,” Leo smiled slightly, “but don’t die, alright.”

“We’ll all come out of this alive,” Hongbin replied with a smile.

The younger left and Leo found his way to the bedroom he shared with Hyuk. His mate was sound asleep on the bed, the cradle that held their child resting right beside the bed just within Hyuk’s reach. Leo smiled softly at the scene before him. Careful so as to not wake up the other, Leo curled up beside Hyuk and wrapped his arms around him.

“Leo,” Hyuk whispered, apparently not as asleep as Leo had thought, “we’re in trouble, aren’t we?”

“Yeah,” Leo nodded, resting his head between Hyuk’s shoulder blades, “we are. I promise I’ll do everything in my power to keep you and our child alive.”

“Promise to stay alive, too,” Hyuk replied.

“Of course,” Leo nodded, “no matter what danger comes, I’ll never leave you.”

A/N: the sixth instalment of the Luck vampire AU. Things are sure heating up, huh? Bet you guys are gonna be jumping like…….things that get really jumpy when they get excited (shut up, it’s almost 3am as I’m writing this, my brain is CTD – completely totally dead) as you wait for the seventh instalment.