Theme 045

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Illusion
Pairing: Rahyuk
Related Chapter: 53, 57, 65, 71, 82, 93, 106, 112, 136, 156, 162, 178, 184, 237,
Word Count: 555

                     

It was all an illusion. None of it was real. Those eyes weren’t real. Those lips weren’t real. The smile wasn’t real. Even the skin and hair were fake.

Wonsik knew that, but that didn’t stop him from hugging the image of Hyuk standing before him as tightly as he could.

“Hyung,” Hyuk giggled, “you’re hugging me too tight. I can’t breathe.”

“Sorry,” Wonsik smiled, pulling away, “I just missed you.”

“Missed me?” Hyuk cocked his head to the side in confusion, “but you just saw me, like, ten minutes ago.”

“I know,” Wonsik pouted, “but I miss you even if you’re gone for a minute.” Hyuk laughed at that answer and Wonsik smiled at him. He’d missed hearing that laugh so much.

He’d been trying for ages to bring Hyuk back. He’d done things, things that would sent him to jail in a heartbeat if they were ever found out. But he had to bring him back, he had to make things right. Hyuk never should have died that day, never should have been in that place where he could be taken away from him.

Wonsik had begged Hyuk not to go that day, told him that they could get whatever it was Hyuk wanted later, but Hyuk was insistent on going out. Wonsik remembered how he had finally given in, deciding that nothing too bad could happen. After all, it was just a trip to the grocery store.

“Sir,” Wonsik turned silently to find Hongbin, his second in command, standing by the door, “the agents are waiting.”

“I’m coming,” Wonsik said before turning to Hyuk, “just wait here for me, alright? I’ll be back soon.”

“Ok,” Hyuk smiled, “hurry back.”

“Beta seems to be functioning well,” Hongbin commented as the pair walked down the hall to the meeting room, “the experiment was a success?”

“Yes,” Wonsik nodded, “it took some time to fracture Alpha enough so that it was pure Hyuk, but it worked.”

“What about the others?”

“We’ll give them to the agents,” Wonsik decided, “Omega should match well with Agent Leo. He should be able to control Omega’s rage. Agent N will be assigned to Theta. His nurturing personality makes him perfect to care for Theta.”

“And Agent Ken?” Hongbin asked.

“I think we’ll assign him Epsilon,” Wonsik decided, “the newest fragment.”

“But we don’t know anything about Epsilon,” Hongbin argued, “We don’t know what part of the Alpha he embodies.”

“Do not question me,” Wonsik growled, scaring Hongbin into submission with his glare alone.

“Yes, sir,” Hongbin nodded, “what about Delta, Gamma, Sigma, Eta, and Iota?”

“Find them matches,” Ravi waved off the other, “I don’t care who. Divide them between EXO Squad for all I care. I got what I wanted.”

Nothing could go wrong now, Wonsik decided. He had Hyuk back, Hongbin was the only one who knew about what he had done and would never say a word to anyone about it, and his agents were too blinded by trust, by loyalty to him, to realize what was really going on with Project Freelancer. It was perfect.

Even if it wasn’t the real Hyuk waiting for him, even if it was just an illusion created by the best robotics money could buy and fragmented A.I, it was still perfect. Nothing could change that. Nothing would change that.

A/N: I got (maybe) too into ‘Red vs Blue’ with this *rubs back of head awkwardly* probably shouldn’t have been watching seasons 9 and 10 when I wrote this hahaha. Either way, I’m happy with this and I hope you guys like it, too. I might do another part to this later with another theme. Kind of fun writing a ‘Red vs Blue’ inspired one-shot.