Theme 170

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Underworld
Pairing: HyuKen, Luck
Related Chapter: 95, 102, 108, 116, 126, 135, 146, 153, 161, 187, 208, 227,
Word Count: 729

                    

Sanghyuk awoke to the presence of two people, one on either side of him. He smiled softly to himself, tightening his grip on Jaehwan and Taekwoon. On instinct the pair tightened their own grip on him, Jaehwan letting out a small sigh of contentment as he pressed himself tighter against Sanghyuk’s side while Taekwoon nuzzled his face against Sanghyuk’s bare chest. Sanghyuk just watched the pair for a moment before turning his attention to the mummy entering his room.

“Go back to sleep,” Sanghyuk said, smiling softly as the mummy’s eyes lit up a little at the idea of getting a few more hours of rest. The mummy bowed slightly before leaving and Sanghyuk didn’t miss the quick glance it gave him, as if making sure that he was still there, before shutting the door.

Alone with his mates, Sanghyuk recalled his condition only the week before. He didn’t doubt that the loss of his magic would have killed him. He’s felt the cold hand of death on his shoulder, the chill lasting even as he marked the two nekomata as his mates and his magic started to return to him. It…..it scared him. And Sanghyuk didn’t scare easily.

“Sanghyukkie,” Jaehwan said, voice heavy with sleep as he slowly opened his eyes to look up at his lover.

“Are you alright?” Taekwoon questioned, looking up at Sanghyuk with concern.

“I’m alright,” Sanghyuk assured them, brushing one hand along the length of Jaehwan’s ears while he pressed a quick kiss to Taekwoon’s forehead.

“You’re not,” Jaehwan pouted, trying to ignore the pleasure he felt when Sanghyuk played with his ears.

“We can feel it,” Taekwoon nodded, shifting around so that he could press a hand against Hyuk’s chest over his heart, “what you feel here, we feel here.” Taekwoon took his other hand and pressed it against his own chest over his heart.

“We’re bound to you,” Jaehwan nodded, moving around to press a quick kiss to Sanghyuk’s lips, “forever.”

“Not forever,” Sanghyuk frowned slightly, recalling just how long his lovers were going to live for.

“Forever,” Jaehwan scowled, eyes determined, “we’re not going to leave you.”

“Even if we die,” Taekwoon added, moving to kiss Sanghyuk himself, “we’ll find our way back to you. We’ll even drag ourselves out of the underworld if it means we get to be with you.”

Sanghyuk smiled softly at the pair who both sat up. The pair shared a devious look before launching an attack on Sanghyuk’s neck, and biting marks along the length of his throat to mark him as theirs. They didn’t need to, the twin black cats resting along Sanghyuk’s collar bone already marked him as theirs, just as the mark of Anubis on Jaehwan’s neck and Taekwoon’s shoulder marked them as Sanghyuk’s. But the pair wanted their claim to Sanghyuk to be seen by all and for all who saw it to know exactly what it meant.

To others, the marks that bound them together were just simple tattoos. Few knew that they were more than that. That they were there thanks to Sanghyuk’s claiming them with his magic as his eternal mates and lovers. As proud as the pair were to wear such marks, they wanted something that more people would recognize as a mark of belonging.

“Oh!” Taekwoon and Jaehwan looked up to find Hakyeon rushing to close the door, “sorry.”

“We weren’t doing anything,” Sanghyuk called, sitting up and fixing the blankets to cover the state of undress that the three of them were in, “what’s up?”

“I found something,” Hakyeon said, re-entering the room with a hand over his eyes.

“Something?” Jaehwan scoffed, “something about what?”

“About a way to make the two of you live as long as Sanghyuk,” Hakyeon dropped his hand to send a sharp glare at Jaehwan.

“What?” Sanghyuk sat up straight.

“What did you find?” Taekwoon asked, sitting up just as straight as Sanghyuk, hope and excitement clear in his eyes.

“Really?” Jaehwan bounced up and down in excitement, hope alight in his eyes, “tell us, hyung! What did you find?”

“We need to find an entrance to the underworld,” Hakyeon explained, “and from there we need to find a god. One in particular.”

“Which one?” Sanghyuk asked, but he suddenly had a funny feeling he knew which.

“Your god,” Hakyeon said, “your true master and your maker. Anubis.”

A/N: oh my, things sure did take a bit of a twist, huh? Wonder how they’ll find Hyukkie’s maker. And how that conversation is gonna go.