Theme 141

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Play
Pairing: Luck, litle hints of Chasang
Related Chapter: 94, 98, 104, 115, 119, 127, 139, 148, 163, 177, 182, 194, 200, 214, 228,
Word Count: 678

                     

“Taekwoon,” his mother called, “where are you going?”

“To Hakyeon’s place,” the ten year old replied, “I’ll be back in time for dinner.”

“Could you take Sanghyuk with you?” his mother asked.

“Why?” Taekwoon scowled, noticing Sanghyuk peeking around the corner at the end of the hall. The six year old quickly lowered his eyes and ducked back behind the corner when he noticed the older was glaring at him. Taekwoon chose to ignore the flash of guilt he felt over upsetting the other werewolf.

“He needs to get out and play,” his mother explained, “maybe he can play with Hongbin.”

“Fine,” Taekwoon gave in, “so long as he doesn’t bother me and Hakyeon.”

“Sanghyuk,” Taekwoon’s mother called, “can you come here please?”

“Yes, ma’am,” Sanghyuk slowly made his way over, trying not to directly look at anyone. Taekwoon scowled at the boy, wondering not for the first time how someone like Sanghyuk could survive whatever happened to his pack.

“Taekwoon is going to a friend’s house,” the woman explained, “his friend has a brother around your age. Why don’t you go with him and play with this boy. Would you like that?” Sanghyuk just nodded before silently following Taekwoon outside.

The whole walk to Hakyeon’s house was silent, neither saying a word. Taekwoon glanced over, feeling a bit of guilt over thinking so low of Sanghyuk. His father said that the younger werewolf had been though something traumatic, right? That his meekness wasn’t his fault and he’d out grow in with time? Taekwoon shouldn’t blame him or insult him because he didn’t know what Sanghyuk had gone through. But Taekwoon hadn’t seen what Sanghyuk had seen, hadn’t experienced the horror that Sanghyuk had. So he couldn’t understand why Sanghyuk was the way he was.

“We’re here,” Taekwoon said, walking right up to Hakyeon’s front door and knocking, “behave.”

“Yes, hyung,” Sanghyuk nodded, still not looking at the other. He feared that if he did, Taekwoon would yell at him or worse.

“Taekwoon!” Hakyeon cheered, throwing open the door, “hey, who’s that?”

“Northern pack survivor,” Taekwoon shrugged, “my mom wanted me to bring him. She thought maybe he could play with Hongbin.”

“Ok,” Hakyeon smiled kindly at the young werewolf, “I’m Hakyeon. What’s your name?”

“S-Sanghyuk,” Sanghyuk replied, glancing up at Hakyeon quickly before his eyes returned to the ground.

Hakyeon’s heart broke for the younger. Unlike Taekwoon, he could understand what Sanghyuk had seen. He’d witness some pretty horrible things too before his family finally found their current pack. Hakyeon knew it had to be worse for Sanghyuk though. After all, Hakyeon still had his brother and parents. Sanghyuk had lost everyone he loved.

“Come on,” Hakyeon smiled softly, carefully offering Sanghyuk his hand to lead him inside, “my little brother is in his room. Would you like to meet him?” Sanghyuk nodded, taking Hakyeon’s hand and following him. Hakyeon instructed Taekwoon to wait in the kitchen while to introduced Sanghyuk to Hongbin.

“Don’t take too long,” Taekwoon said before heading off to the kitchen.

“It will get better,” Hakyeon said as the pair walked, “the images will start to fade with time. The nightmares will stop.”

“How do you know?” Sanghyuk asked, looking at Hakyeon with wide eyes.

“I’ve seen some things,” Hakyeon admitted, “I wasn’t born here. I was born in a small pack that was, well…”

“Murdered,” Sanghyuk sighed, squeezing Hakyeon’s hand slightly in hopes of making the other feel better.

“Yeah,” Hakyeon nodded, “I was about your age when we moved here. Everything has been fine since. I mean, at the start I had a lot of nightmares and it seemed like the images of what I’d seen would always be burned into my brain. But now? Things are better.”

“You really think things will get better?” Sanghyuk asked, looking both hopeful and doubtful.

“In time,” Hakyeon nodded, “and with friends you can make good memories with. Now, let’s go introduce you to Hongbin.” Sanghyuk smiled slightly, nodding in agreement because he wanted to, not because that’s what Hakyeon wanted him to do.

A/N: aww, poor Hyukkie. I saw the theme and went “I can use this to give you guys a flash back of when Sanghyuk met Hakyeon and Hongbin.” Plus, you got a bit of insight into Hakyeon’s past, too. Ah, and for ages: Taekwoon and Hakyeon are 10 here, Hongbin and Sanghyu kare both 6 (plus Jaehwan, but he's not here yet), Wonsik is 7 but hasn't joined the pack yet (that is something for the full version to explain)

OH! and next week will be bringing the end of one of the current AUs. take a guess in the comments about which one it is (hint: it's not the Luck werewolf AU, this one is still going strong)