Theme 137

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Knives
Pairing: Rahyuk
Related Chapter: 42, 48, 55, 64, 76, 84, 91, 100, 113, 123, 152, 157, 160, 168, 180, 198
Word Count: 706

                     

Hyuk kept a careful eye on the men standing around the lobby of Ken’s apartment. The whole time he’d been there, they’d been eying him. One had even pulled out a knife, playing around with the blade while keeping a close eye on Hyuk and Ken.

“Just get the things you need,” Hyuk reminded Ken, “don’t need it, forget about it.”

“They’re scary, huh?” Ken frowned, going through his things trying to find and pack everything he wanted or needed.

“Yeah,” Hyuk nodded, but he had a bad feeling that it was more than just that.

A couple of the men had looked kind of familiar. Hyuk felt like he should know who they were, but every time he tried to place them he came up blank. He…..wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or not. Honestly, he just wanted to get out of the building with Ken and never come back. thankfully Ken had explained over the phone to his land lord that he would be leaving so at least they didn’t have to stick around to explain that.

“Got everything,” Ken said, grabbing a couple of bags while Hyuk took the other couple.

“You don’t have a lot,” Hyuk remarked. Not that he could judge. He’d only had a backpack of things when he met Ravi.

“Yeah,” Ken nodded, “I don’t like to have a lot of things lying around. I move too much anyway.” Hyuk nodded in understanding, knowing that Ken’s past mirrored his own a great deal (minus the jail time, anyway).

The pair made their way out, passing by the men. This time, however, the men did more than watch.

“I thought I recognized you,” one of the men called, “it’s been a long time since that cop car took you away, Han Sanghyuk.” The men started to laugh and Hyuk pushed Ken to keep walking.

“Hyuk?” Ken whispered, knowing that if the men knew Hyuk’s birth name things were serious.

“Wait in the car,” Hyuk told him, passing over the bags, “lock the doors while you wait.” Ken nodded and rushed off, leaving Hyuk to confront the men.

“Who’s that?” one of the men asked, “your ?”

“He’s my friend,” Hyuk replied, “I’m helping him move. You guys have done a good job scaring him.”

“Us?” one of the men laughed, “dude, we’re not scary. We’re kittens.”

“Compared to some,” another laughed, “heard you met one of them while in jail. We were shocked to hear that you met the er and lived.”

“So was I,” Hyuk nodded, “how is everyone? The old gang still together.” Honestly, Hyuk wanted to run, to get away from the people who’d gotten him into trouble. But if he ran…..well, he figured that might make things worse. He had to play things right.

“Most of ‘em split,” the first guy replied, “ended up all over the city. What about you?”

“Got a job,” Hyuk shrugged, “but the hot boyfriend makes up for it.”

“Hotter than the blond?” the same guy asked, nodding towards the car where Ken was waiting. Hyuk nodded back and the group howled in laugher, commenting about Hyuk being a lucky dog to snag someone hotter than Ken.

“Oh,” the first guy stopped laughing, looking serious, “Hyuk, we go back a ways and I feel bad about getting you stuck in that place, so I’m going to warn you. He’s out, apparently looking for guys for something or other. Heard he was interested in you.” the whole group of men had fallen silently, looking at Hyuk with concern.

“Thanks for the heads up,” Hyuk frowned, clearly as disturbed by the news as the others, “I should let you know that the land lord is looking to get you guys kicked out. Try not to scare any more of the people here and he’ll probably back off.”

“Thanks for the tip,” the first guy nodded, “watch your back, alright?”

“You too,” Hyuk nodded before heading to the car.

“What’s wrong?” Ken asked, noticing how upset Hyuk seemed, “did they say anything to you?”

“In a way,” Hyuk sighed, “they gave me a heads up about something in my past.” Ken nodded, not really understanding but knowing better than to ask.

A/N: oh dear, who could this mystery guy be who’s looking for Hyuk? and what does he want Hyuk for? Only time will tell.