Theme 107

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Pirate
Pairing: HyuKen
Related Chapter: 36
Word Count: 866

                     

Jaehwan watched Sanghyuk from the corner of his eye, trying very hard not to be noticed. It wasn’t his fault that the pirate captain looked good in his captain’s hat and coat. You couldn’t really blame Jaehwan for looking. Besides, he’d noticed a few of the other crew looking, too.

“Stop glaring at them,” Taekwoon whispered, “they’re just looking.”

“I don’t want them to look,” Jaehwan whispered back, “not with lust in their eyes. They know he’s their captain, right? How can they look at him like that?”

“You look at him like that,” Hakyeon smirked slightly, “and you defiantly looked at him like that before he took you as his lover.”

“Shut up,” Jaehwan pouted, fighting the urge to glare when he noticed one of the crew whisper something to his friend, eyes locked on Sanghyuk the whole time.

“We’ll be home in a few more days,” Sanghyuk called out, almost shouting to be able to be heard by the whole crew, “after that, I’ve decided we’ll be taking a little break from going out.”

“The navy came close to catching us,” Hongbin spoke up, hushing the whispers of the crew, “we have to wait until the heat is off before doing anything else.”

“I know you aren’t pleased,” Sanghyuk said, “but I’d rather lay low for now than risk the safety of everyone on this ship.”

“We know that captain,” one of the crew called out, “don’t worry about us.”

“Good,” Sanghyuk smiled, “Taekwoon, take the wheel, please. We’re going home.”

The captain headed off to his quarters and after a pause Jaehwan followed. Jaehwan had barely shut the door before Sanghyuk had pulled him into a deep kiss. Jaehwan moaned softly, wrapping his arms around Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk hooked one of Jaehwan’s legs over his hip, drawing a whimper from the younger. Sanghyuk pressed Jaehwan against the door and Jaehwan let out a yelp of pain.

“What?” Sanghyuk pulled back, obviously alarmed.

“Door knob,” Jaehwan hissed, rubbed his back, “that stings.”

Sanghyuk burst out laughing before picking Jaehwan up and carrying him over to the bed. The younger pouted, slightly upset that the moment had been ruined. It had been a while since the last time he’d been able to be with Sanghyuk and he missed the intimate moments.

“How are you?” Sanghyuk asked, curling up beside his lover.

“My back is a little sore,” Jaehwan sighed.

“No,” Sanghyuk’s smile faded a little, “I mean after the brush with the navy. I know it happened three days ago, but this is the first time I’ve gotten a chance to talk to you about it.”

“Oh,” Jaehwan blinked, “I’m fine about that. I mean, at the time I was kind of scared, but that’s natural. And we’re all still here, so that’s great.”

“I was thinking,” Sanghyuk frowned slightly, “maybe you should stay at the base next time we go out.”

“What!” Jaehwan cried, sitting up.

A few years prior, Sanghyuk had found an island that the navy didn’t seem to know about and decided to make it his base of operation. From there, the crew and their supporters built a town of sorts and made the island a safe place for all pirates to come. As Sanghyuk had explained, the island was surrounded by waters that few could navigate safely, so few bothered to go. The navy, for example, had no idea who to get to the island without sinking their ships, so pirates who could get through were safe. Sanghyuk, Jaehwan, their friends, and the crew were all safe.

“Calm down,” Sanghyuk sighed, “it’s not a forever thing. Just until I feel safe enough to have you out at sea with me.”

“No,” Jaehwan hissed, “I’m not staying home while you go out and risk your life.”

“I don’t want anything to happen to you,” Sanghyuk replied, pulling Jaehwan down so that the younger’s head rested on his chest, “I just……I can’t lose you, Jaehwan. I came so close to losing you when that navy ship showed up. I can’t put you in harm’s way again. Not for a while anyway.”

“We’re pirates,” Jaehwan said, shifting so that he could hear his lover’s heartbeat, “we’re always in harm’s way.”

“We shouldn’t be,” Sanghyuk frowned, “we shouldn’t have to run for our lives. We should be able to just live.”

“I know,” Jaehwan nodded, “but that’s the price for what we do. You’re Robin Hood and we’re your merry men. We can’t just stop, too many people need us. We’re a symbol of hope for too many.”

“Thank you,” Sanghyuk smiled, tilting Jaehwan’s head up so that he could kiss him, “sometimes I just forget about why what we do is so important, why we put everything at risk. Thank you for reminding me.”

“I love you,” Jaehwan whispered against Sanghyuk’s lips, “you know that right?”

“I know,” Sanghyuk nodded, “I could never forget that.”

“Good,” Jaehwan grinned.

“I love you too,” Sanghyuk returned Jaehwan’s smiled with one of his own, “and you aren’t one of the merry men. You’re the Maid Marian to my robin Hood.”

“So cheesy,” Jaehwan giggled, cuddling against Sanghyuk.

“Only for you,” Sanghyuk replied before the pair drifted off.

A/N: firstly: no, the pirate AU is not going to become a series. I already have the Luck cat boy AU, the Rahyuk vampire AU, the two werewolf AUs (one HyuKen and one Luck), the boogieman AU, the monster AU, the RvB AU, and the homeless AU. I do not need anymore. Secondly, I saw the theme ‘pirate’ and was like “I have that HyuKen pirate AU already made, why not use it again?” I think I’ll take this, add a little more to it later (when I get time), and add it to the one-shot/standalone fic that’s here. In other news, this chapter is brought to you by: the college internet connection. i'm here killing time until a meeting at 1 which (might) lead to a job. fingers crossed for me, guys.