CHAPTER 3

Made to Love You

 

He arrived at the airport and straight away skips the paparazzi with the cab. He almost reached their neighborhood when his mom calls.

“Honey, where are you?” His mom asked.

“I’m almost there”

“There where? Home or airport?”

“Home”

“Oh no, not there. Straight away head to your aunt restaurant, okay? I’m here already” she said with a tone that even he can’t describe.

“Family meeting again?” he asked. Try to confirm. He needs to disguise if it is.

“No, not family meeting. But oh well, just be here as soon as possible okay honey? Bye” she quickly hung up.

About half hour later, he arrived at the classic looks restaurant. A home feeling restaurant.

“Honey! Here!” she wave at him once she saw he steps in the restaurant. He is wearing his cap on and his sunglasses.

Jiyong search for her and found her waving. She wrinkled his face as he saw another two woman are sitting infront of her.

He walks to the table as he tries to observe and remembered who are they. He was stunned for a second when he realize that one of the woman who are next to the old lady was the woman he met on the last matchmaking.

“Hello” he greets.

They all stands and greet him too.

“This is my son that we are talking all this time” his mom introduced him.

“Ahh.. Just same as what were told” the old lady who looks pretty in her corporate suits. ‘Are this family love corporate suit or what’ he complaint in his heart.

“This is Lee Mai Lan” his mom pointed to the old lady. He bows to her.

“And this, you already know, Lee ChaeRin. She is her daughter” his mom introduced the young lady who is in a white sleeveless turtle neck blouse and a long red pants. They both bows to each other.

“What was this all mom” he whispered to his mom as he sit.

“Nothing. Just our agent call and said that you are agree to her. So as your mother, I was taking a step further for your relationship” she said, happily.

“What you mean my agent call?”

“Don’t you know, if you didn’t call or meet your agent in a week after your meeting to report back on your next action, you will be considered as you like her and you want to move to the next step. So they call me to tell me that you agree to her” her mom said.

“What?! I didn’t know that!” his tone changed.

“You must know. Didn’t you sign the contract?”

“What contract?” suddenly his mind flash him a past memory.

“Oh my, that contract!” he shouts.

“Yes. Didn’t you read it first?” she asked.

“No. because you are the one who gave me so I thinks it has nothing important”

“Well, nothing important too. Just that as you didn’t report back, the agents move to the next part, meeting up your parents.” She said and smile

“Now, when will you both marry” she asked him again.

Jiyong was frozen in his seat for more than five minutes. The two woman in front of him are just sitting and listening to them.

Jiyong take a look at her face. She was amazed to know that he is such a careless to ignore the R&R. Her small puppy eye lock on his face.

For minutes, he feel that it’s all his fault. He looks at her mom who is in the surprise state.

“Don’t tell me that I need to fly to Seoul for nothing?” Mrs. Lee said a minute later. She looks unsatisfied with his reaction.

“If you want to call this off, just say it so I can leave” Mrs. Lee added as she sigh. Disappointedly.

At one point she was so happy that her first daughter will be someone wife in a few months to come. It’s her time to settle down and get married. She already planned to ask her to resign from the company.

“No. Don’t go. He didn’t said that he didn’t want to get marry to her” his mom stopped down. She looks into his eyes. Some are like demand him to shut his mouth and continue the stuff.

“Just being straight already” Mrs. Lee command.

“Okay, like this. My son DEFINITELY will marry your daughter” She said confidently as she stressed the DEFINITELY words. She glared at him.

He just sat there quiet.

“I don’t want my daughter to marry someone who don’t want him” Mrs. Lee said as she crossed her arms on her chest.

Chaerin was just sit there quietly. Palms on her knees. Looking down to the half empty cups on the table.

“He wants of course. It just that he is in surprise to know about the contract”

“So if he will marry my daughter?”

“Let me th..”

“He will” his mom cuts in. He glare at his mom. Mrs.  Kwon ignores him.

“So when will we set the date?” Mrs. Kwon added.

“Her father will be here by tomorrow” Mrs. Lee said as she counted her fingers.

“As you all know, my son is a celebrity. So are we going to keep this marriage a secret or make it public” Mrs. Kwon asked.

Chaelin looks surprised. She quickly stares at Jiyong’s face with a meaningful eye. She really didn’t know that he is a celebrity.

“SECRET” he said with a high tone. He looks away.

“Yes absolutely. My Chae Lin didn’t like spotlight and fame” Mrs. Lee said with a wide smile.

“My son didn’t like the world knows about his private life too. So I guess, private wedding will do” Mrs. Kwon said with a wide smile too.

“I guess we should speed up the wedding day since they are no longer young, right Mrs. Kwon?” Mrs. Lee said as she giggles. His mom giggled too.

“Yes you are right. How about by early August? We should meet the wedding planner tomorrow!” His mom said excitedly.

“Yes sure! The sooner the better. So than me and my husband can stay here till august since there are few weeks left” Mrs. Lee said with a satisfaction face.

“Can you?” Her mother turns to her. She was still looking to his face. Her mother jabbed her.

“Ah, wh.. Ah sure sure” she said in shocked.

“I..”

“You just shut up and follow” his mom cut off before he even gets to start.

Jiyong shut. Her mom was smiling. He was so out of idea. And she, she was just staring at him with a looks that he can’t even tell what.