CHAPTER 1

Made to Love You

 

Jiyong checked himself again in the mirror. He wiped his shoulder. He smiled.
“Will this disguise work?” he look through himself.
“Maybe” he said to himself again and smile.

He wore normal customs to wear on date in a hotel, a tuxedo. To avoid the paparazzi, he decided to disguise himself. He wore a short spiky black wig, a fake black moustache and a nerd black spectacle. He just looks like an older version of him. Good enough to distract the paparazzi, he thought.

He check the email he received two days ago:
Dear Mr. Kwon,
    We have arranged a matchmaking date for you with a woman who fit your criteria.
The date will be hold at:
Place: Oriental Hotel Restaurant
Date: June 29th, 2011
Time: 8.30 pm
    We reserved the VIP room under the name Mr. KJ. We have checked you schedule with your manager and we were informed that you are only free on that date and time. This is your first date and it’s a compulsory for you to attend this. Have a good date and do come or call us if you have anything.

He smiled. He registered for matchmaking at a famous matchmaking agent suggested by his mother. He already 34, he didn’t denied that he can choose whoever woman he want with a body, face and fame like that. But, the entire woman who were with him before were just with him for fun and satisfaction. But he, he want more than that. He wants a woman who wants to marry, settle down, give birth to his babies and take care of his house and their family. A woman who’s good enough to introduce to his mom. A woman who can fit his low self-life style. A woman who will love himself as himself, not as the famous celebrity, G-Dragon.

It was 8.00pm already. He went down the stairs to the garage. He took out the car key. He will be driving his new borrowed car. Since he was still in disguise, so he needs a new drive. The paparazzi and other staff that he knows must noticed his car if he used it.

He reached the hotels stated. He used the car jockey to park his car. Seems like his disguise is a success since the car jockey and a group of woman who were standing near the counter didn’t recognize him. He went to the hotel’s restaurant. The counter man was standing there with a big formal smile on his face.

“Hello, Good Evening, Sir. Welcome. You need a table for how many persons?” the receptionist asked.

“Reserved table under the name Mr. KJ” he said confidently.

“Oh, OK sir. Please follow me” he said after he checked the list.

They arrived at a room with a door. There’s a table for four persons. The room was decorated in a modern style. Black plastic dining table set, a white designer lamp, a small flower bouquet on the table, a nice black and white wallpaper. The table was set with two person’s utensil.

“Here is your room sir.” The man said.
“Please have a sit” he said as he pulled a chair for him.

“Thank You” he said as he sat on the chair.

After the receptionist gone, another waitress come in and fills up his glass with water. She handed him a menu and left.

He looked through the menu when he noticed the glass infront of him already filled. He looks amazed. “She has come already?” he checked his watch. It’s only 8.35, “Wow, she must be early” he mumbled to himself. He continued with the menu.

A few minutes later, the doors open and a woman come in. She was looking down at her dress as she wipes her skirt with her right hand and pulls her skirt with her left hand. She seems like didn’t notice that he was in the room too. She walks to her sit.

She puts up her face to see him who is still sitting with the menu on his hand. He smiled. She quickly bows and greeted him. She got manners, he whispered in himself.

She sat, still with her surprise face.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t notice you were here already” she said with her soft husky voice.

“It’s okay” he said as he went through the menu again. He puts down the menu.

“Have you order?” he asks. She shook her head.

“Have you decided?” he asked again.

“Yes” she nodded. He pressed the button on the table to call the waitress.

The waitress comes moment later and they both placed their order. He orders the most expensive wine for them both.

“Wait, wasn’t that too expensive?” she complaint when the waitress about to write it down.

“It’s okay, my treat” he said and smile. Quite impress.

“But..” she tries to cut in again.

“Okay, that’s all” he cut in first. The waitress nodded and leaved.

She looks unsatisfied. He lifted his brows, asking ‘why?’.

“You know, you don’t need to waste your money for the first date” she said as she took her paper works where she placed on the chair next to her before she went to the toilet a moment ago. She then placed it in her briefcase.

“It’s okay” he said again. Convincing her that it wasn’t that important to talk about.

“Sure?” she asked again. Now she sat back on her last position. Looking straight to his face.

“Yes, sure.” He said.

“Fine then. Up to you” she said as the waiter come and pour the wine into the wine glass.

“For our 1st date?” Jiyong said as he pick up his glass. He looks like he wants a cheer.

“For the 1st date.” She said and their glass hit each other in a slow motion.

“So, may I know your name?” he asked again.

She puts her glass down carefully. She her lips. “Lee Chae Rin. You can call me Chaerin.” She said and she smile.

“Chaelin? Nice name.” he praise.

“So what’s your name?” she asked while staring at his eye. Seems like she like to talk while looking into another party’s eye.

“You can call me KJ” he said.

“KJ? What’s full?” she asked.

“Just let it be KJ for now” he said and smile. He brush his moustache with his finger. Feeling a bit uneasy with it.

“Okay fine. How old are you?”

“I’m 30 this year.”

“Oh. May I know why you sign up for this matchmaking session?” she asked politely.

“Because I’m 30 and I’m single.”

“Can I know what your target is when you sign up for this?”

“I’m trying to find a woman to be my wife” he said with full confidence.

“Oh, great. Me too” she said and smile sweetly.

“You..” he didn’t end his talks when the waiter comes in with their dinner.

“Yes, what do you want to say just now?” she ask when the waiter leaves.

“Ah nothing. Let us eat first. I’m already hungry” he said as he took up his fork and spoon.

She chuckled. But still, she followed his words and they just ate in silent.

She wiped her lip and her full small lips. Jiyong observed her. She was wearing a turquoise tee inside and a grey coat. He noticed before that she wore a grey below knee high skirts. Her outfits more like a work suits. She has her thick eye makeup on and a orange lipstick on. Her movement is very polite. She has manners. That’s quite impressive. She didn’t looks like she’s pretending with her moves and words.[ Checklist #3: Knows how to dress herself and checklist #2: Have a good manners; ting ting! Checked!]

“So, what do you want to say?” she starts.

“How old are you?” he asked.

“I’m 28”

“So why did you sign up for this matchmaking thing?” it’s his turn to question her the same question.

“Because I’m too busy with my works and I have no time to find for a boyfriend” she said as she close up the wine glass to her lips.

“Too busy? What you work for?” he asked.

“I’m managing my family business” she said.

“Family business? Impressive!” he said in amazement. [Checklist #1: Career woman; checked!]. He smile in his heart.

“Hmm?”

“Well I mean, you are a woman and you are managing a family business? Usually the son who take place, not daughter”

She chuckles. “I’m managing the branch in here only. My male cousins did manage the headquarters.”

“So how about you?” she said after he nodded to her previous answers.

“Ah me? Urmm.. I was in the entertainment industry” He said. Not trying to lie but just being general.

“Really? What positions?” she asked with her hand crossed on her chest.

“Urm, any position” he said. She senses that he didn’t want to talk about it so she just nodded to say that she understands.

“What’s your hobby?” he ask when they were all in silent for minutes.

“I like to stay in my house and doing any indoor activities”

“You are an indoor person”

“Not really, sometimes I went for training session in weekend”

“What training session?”

“Urm, gym, jogs or tennis sometimes. But, I prefer to stay home if no one ask me out” she said and smile.

“What yours?” she asked back.

“Me? I like to stay home. I hate going out on my free time” he said, serious.

“Serious? We have something in common here” she said and smile. He nodded.

“Do you have an allergy?” he ask.

“Yes.”

“What was it?”

“Dirt”

“You mean?”

“I hate untidy place. I like to clean up everytime I think it’s so mess” she said.

“Ah, so we complete each other. I have no time for cleaning, you can help me with it” he chuckled [Checklist #5: House chores expert. Checked!]

“Of course.” She said as she giggles.

“Do you can cook?”

“I’m not sure myself. I can cook but I’m not sure was I expert in it or not. But well, I live alone so I need to cook for myself” she said as she starts drink again.

“Good. I live with my mom so usually she cooks for me. She’s a good chef you know. She can cook every meal. I have no idea how can I live without her” he said.

“Ah, so you are mommy’s boy?” she said and chuckled. She spoon out her ice cream and ate it.

“You can call that so” he said and smile.

“Maybe I can meet your mom one day to learn some recipes from her” she said with a poker face. Still scooped her ice cream.

He froze. Shocked. Was her trying to say that she wants to meet her family? Is she trying to sign that she wants to bring this to higher level? She shook his head. She’s fast, he whispered in his heart.

“No? Ah that bad, I thought she can be my teacher” she said disappointedly. She sigh and keeps eating her ice cream.

“No, I didn’t mean ‘no’. I mean she maybe will keep her secret recipe from you” he said. Trying to calm his thoughts.

“How if she will trade the entire recipe to me?” she ask and lift her right brows.

“I will give you a present than” she laugh. Her eyes turn to a half moon look like. She looks like a cat.

“You look like a cat” he said. She surprised and blushed.

“Ah thanks, I take that as a compliment” she said and smile.

They did spend their time chatting about their interest and stuff. He is quite surprised that they both have a lot in common. She is funny and pretty in her own style. She didn’t look like she is pretending or anything. She is just being herself. Which usually, not a woman would did on their first date. He quite like her style, her manners and almost everything about her. He thinks that the agents did a good job.

But, he can’t imagine their future together. He didn’t think that she is perfect for him although they have a lot in common and she match his checklist well. She looks like a woman that any man will introduce to their mother. But he didn’t think that he will introduce her to his mom as his future wife. He didn’t know why but he just can’t see their future.

It’s almost 10pm when she finished up her glass.

“It’s late. I need to go home” she said as she puts her napkin on the table.

“I guess, that’s all for tonight?” he said.

“Yes. I’m sorry I need to end this early. I’m just used to be home around 11”

“Wait, do you mean your house is far from here?” he asked.

“You can said that so”

“Shall I drive you home?”

“No thanks. I drive” she said. She stands up and took her briefcase.

“So, urm than, till next time?” she ask him. He shut. Didn’t know what to say. She looks like she want to meet him again but he, he just don’t know.

“Yes, sure.” He said as he nodded.

They shake hand and she bows before she leave. He smile and he follow minutes later.

“I want to pay…”

“Mr. KJ? Miss Lee said that it’s all on hers tonight” the cashier said and smile to him.

“Oh, she paid?” he ask, still amazed. He feels a bit uneasy. He usually likes to pay on all his date. He just didn’t like the idea that a woman spare a man for dinner. Feeling like, he is not being a gentleman enough to the woman.

“Yes” the cashier confirmed and nodded.

“Okay, thanks” he said.

“Thank you. Please come again” she said as Jerry left the counters.

He took his car from the jockey and drove home.

 



 

A/N: I didn't proof read this yet. So, if you have any comments, criticism or you want to change any words that you think much more suitable, please leave your comment!