Part 1: Chapter 1

Lumière Rouge [Red Light]

“Under the rule of the jungle, the weak get eaten.”

***

Monday May 4th 2042 2:45AM

The crimson sunset. Crimson like blood.

Blood.

Family.

Blood is thicker.

Anything for family. Anything.

Soon we would be together again. It was almost time.

Behind me sat the form of a homeless man. Body slumped from death and neck painted red with blood. The precious life force. Blood was the key.

Blood is thicker.

Anything for family. Anything.

Before me stretched the pentagram drawn in red. Was this okay?

I had found him like that. Already dead. I just needed his blood. He would understand, right? He would do the same for his family if he could.

Candles. It would be night soon. I needed them.

I placed a candle at each of the pentagram’s points. They would be my only light source now.

At my side rested a hauntingly, beautiful headdress. Golden, adorned with crosses and gems.

A book. The book. I needed it. Was this okay? I dared a glance up at the sky. Would he be angry? He should understand. Anything for family. Anything.

The book with the wooden cover and the cross on it. Filled with its wholesome teachings I dipped in the fire and watched it burn.

There was no room for sentimentality.

No room for regret.

I put on the headdress, looking in the tiny mirror I’d brought. It had to be worn properly. The first cross must kiss my forehead, the last must meet my neck. I stared at myself a moment longer.

Blond.

The color of my hair.

It was striking, yet unnatural.

Bleach Blond.

A permanent reminder of what could happen should I make a mistake. My hair was once a beautiful brown, but it had become this.

I looked at my chest remembering the pain. The scar was gone, but I’d burned myself once. It took months to heal. I know what it feels like to caress the fires of hell.

What would happen if I made a mistake this time?

As if in protest to my fears the wind howled. It seemed to carry with it voices.  Screams.

Amongst the voices she was out there. Blood is thicker.

Anything for family. Anything.

There was no room for sentimentality. No room for fear. I could do this. For my family.

For my family.

Things became quiet. There were no birds, no insects, no noise. The world held its breath for me.

Sage would be the last thing to burn.

I went to the homeless man, dabbed my fingers into his bleeding neck and painted my face.

There was only one thing left to do.

I took my place at the center and kneeled. The bible was still burning, but it was almost done. Almost nothing but ash.

I put my hands together and sent one final prayer. I hoped he would understand. I hoped he would forgive, for today I needed the fallen ones help. Hopefully Lucifer would be in a good mood.

I lowered myself and kissed the ground before beginning my chant.

The wind wailed. This time its voices were clear.

“Nocte! Nocte! Nocte!”

“It is time! It is time!”

“Auferre! Auferre! Auferre!”

“배고파! 배고파!”

It was dark. The candles had blown out, but it meant nothing. They would come back. They always did.

Darkness and screams from minor demons meant nothing. I was not afraid. They had no power over me. They could nibble at my heels and scratch my flesh, but it meant nothing.

I knew why I was here. For my family.

For my family.

I quicked my chant and the earth rattled, trees creaked, and leaves swirled around me. Yet I was calm. Nothing from this existence could penetrate the circle of the pentagram.

Through the madness, through the chaos I listened, I felt. Somewhere there was a different energy. Softer, yet determined. It was the only one that was remotely human. The only one that dared to reach out in a benevolent light.

She was looking for me!

“Come!” I called to her. I was inviting her back to this plane.  We could be together again!

Suddenly everything stopped.

The candles had returned and all was still.

Had I done it?

Was she back?

I scrambled to my feet and looked around. Did I dare to hope?

“Sis!?” I called.

No response.

“Jess!?”

Still nothing.

“It’s me, your little Kryssie! Where are you!?”

Silence.

No! This couldn’t be happening! I’d done it right! My sister should be with me right now! I didn’t want to be alone anymore!

“Come on Jessica, please don’t do this to me! You know I never liked your pranks!”

It really wasn’t a joke. She wasn’t here.

I collapsed as a wave of hopelessness washed over me. I’d failed again. I was alone and things would stay that way, because I was so weak.

The mocking trees dwarfed me. This is what I’d been living for. If I couldn’t bring her back, then what was my purpose? I’d risked everything for this, but she still wasn’t here.

Jessica. My sister.

She was my best friend and even though we were five years apart we were inseparable. Our parents died when I was eight and we’d gone to live with our aunt and her husband in Korea. We were American born, so it was hard for us to adapt, but we survived together.

When I was fourteen my best friend was killed.

She was walking along a bridge as she usually did to get home from work, but a speeding car hit her. She was knocked into a lake where she drowned. She could swim, but she was hurt too badly from the impact, so she couldn’t come back up. We never saw the body, but there was a camera. It caught everything. To see it happen…I cannot describe the pain I felt.

Not soon after I realized that I had powers. I could see and hear things that others could not. I could heal wounds with only a touch or a glance, but what was more...I could revive the dead and control what I’d brought back if I so chose.

I discovered this after my aunt had killed a fly.

I hated killing.

Jessica had been killed.

What if the fly had a family? A child, a lover, or a sister just like me?

Who were we to take life?

I had gotten so angry, so upset until I watched the seemingly dead creature twitch until it took off in flight. At first it seemed a miracle. God was doing his mysterious work, but it happened a second time with a cricket and a third with a caterpillar.

Then I put two and two together. It was me. I had this power. I had control over life and death.

I began to do research.

Witch, sorcerer, magician, succubus, demon.

It’s true. I was a witch, a sorcerer, a magician, but I was a very special kind.

A necromancer.

As much as it intrigued me it scared me.  I was one of them and that meant the world hated me. They hunted me. They tortured me. How was I supposed to live in a world like this?

Though I realized that I was the only one that knew. I would do as I’d always done.  I would study, hone my skills, and one day be able to bring my sister back.

I would spend hours pouring over books of witchcraft and sorcery. I often went into the woods or an abandoned building to practice. I was able to walk the tightrope that had become my new life until one day my “friends” followed me.

I had to leave for fear they would call the Organization. I was fifteen and totally on my own.

To survive I had to learn even faster.

Possession.

Possession was how I got my money, food, and places to sleep.  I figured if I could bring Jessica back I wouldn’t be alone, she could have a full life, and I could protect her with my powers.

That’s why I was out here right now. Failure was a stepping stone. Something to learn from. I was not experienced by any means. I’d had my powers for less than two years. Maybe I needed to make myself stronger, but how? I’d never met another necromancer before. At the wiccan stores where I’d usually buy my books I’d often catch the eye of a few people. They might’ve known what I was or might’ve been like me. Though I never asked. You couldn’t trust anyone. In the morning I would pick up the pieces of my life and try again.

I always did.

“Alright.” I thought aloud. “There’s gotta be a hotel nearby.”

I liked to talk to myself a lot. Sometimes it was better to hear someone’s voice even if it was just my own. It made things less lonely.

I stood up and prepared to leave until I head a rustle in the bushes.

“Jessica!?” I called and was met with more rustling. The rustling became louder and more frenzied until it emerged.

I say “it”, because I didn’t know what it was. At least not at first.

It was at least fifteen feet tall with red skin like the fiery pits from whence it came, a yellow belly, and a snake-like body. It had the legs of a spider, the head of a horse, and its eight arms were tiny with two fingers, reminding me of a tyranasaur. On its head sat four horns like that of a bulls’ and it’s golden, pupil absent eyes bore into me.

As it eyed me I felt , exposed. As though it were peering into my weaknesses, my fears. As though it had a higher knowledge.

It was a demon and not one I could ignore or belittle.

The demon’s nostrils flared in a fearsome snort.

“Where is she!? Where is my sister!?”

The beast erupted into laughter. It’s voice reverberated through my chest and fears’ cold grip had taken ahold of me.

This creature.

When it laughed it made no movement. It’s body was perfectly still.

“Little witch there is no one here, but you and me.”

“That’s not true! I called my-”

“You called something, but it wasn’t your sister.” There was a wicked joy in the way it spoke. I’d made another mistake.

I gulped and took a step back.

“And I thank you for that. Hell is so suffocating. Now that I am free the world can be mine!”

What had I done?

“In appreciation of your generous gift, I will devour you quickly!”

It lunged and I closed my eyes in preparation for death.

A death that never came.

All I heard was a loud, demonic scream.

Reluctantly I opened my eyes.

The demon had a gaping hole in its chest and was sputtering curses in Latin. Black blood oozed from the wound and it was glaring angrily at something. I thought it was me, but its head had raised ever so slightly. It wasn’t me. Slowly I looked behind me and I nearly jumped out of my skin.

There was a woman…flying?

Her eyes glowed a bright blue as she floated.

“Stay out of this, specter!” The demon snarled.

Wait. Specter? What in the-?

“The portal was not open for you. You are nothing, but a pitiful hitchhiker!” Then the specter opened and wailed.

Her cry lifted the demon into the air. I watched in awe as each new wave of sound was accompanied by a ring of blue.

The demon screamed in agony as each ring hit it and its flesh tore.

The power of the specter’s shout ripped each of the demon’s limbs off one by one until all that remained was the body and head.

A few more seconds passed and the head popped. Blood and brain was everywhere, but this specter wasn’t done.

I watched as she ceased her scream and the torso began to fall. She opened once more to send a streak of blue flying at the demon’s torso, shattering it instantly.

The demon was dead. I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding. However it was too early to relax. The specter was still here.

She floated to where the newly formed blood puddle existed and smiled in triumph. Then she turned to me.

I took another step back. I definitely couldn’t beat her.

I watched the specter gently place her feet on the ground and her eyes return to normal. She began walking over to me – to my horror – and I got a better look at her.

The specter was a tiny, Korean woman with warm brown eyes, and striking blue hair. She wore black, leather pants that hugged her body, a black leather jacket that was ped, revealing a black and white striped tank top, on her feet were black high heels. She was pretty and had a sense of style, but that didn’t make her any less dangerous.

Each step she took made my heart beat faster. I was too scared to move. Her approach was slow, reminding me a little of a cat stalking its prey. This powerful creature would decide if I lived or died.

She stopped less than a foot away from me and appeared to be sizing me up, tilting her head this way and that. I hoped she didn’t perceive me as a threat and I could go on my way.

Then she dropped to the ground in a deep bow.

“My name is Park Sunyoung. Thank you for releasing me. How may I be of service, master?”

“M-Master?”

***

It was a cool, moonlit night and my mother and I strolled up a grassy hill together. We were far from the castle. We were going on an adventure! I walked with a smile, picking up the little, white flowers that were known to grow here.

“Look mommy, aren’t they pretty?” I asked, but my mother’s attention was focused elsewhere. She’d been doing that a lot lately. I hoped she was okay.

“Mommy?” I called again and this time she looked at me. “Yes sweetie?”

“I got you flowers!” I grinned and held them out for her.

“Oh you did!? They’re beautiful! I promise I will keep them forever!” She smiled warmly down at me.

Suddenly a light. A brilliant, golden glow between the trees.

“Daddy!” I cried in excitement as an armored man appeared. His hair was white and his eyes orange. At his side rested three swords. I ran over to him happily and hugged his leg. He was really tall. My mommy just barely came up to his chest.

“Ah, there’s my little princess.” He lifted me in the air and I giggled seeing the warmth in his eyes. I didn’t get to see daddy a lot. Mommy always said he was busy, but I knew how the rest of the people at the castle felt about him.

“How have you been, precious?” He asked, gently setting me down.

“Good! I got mommy flowers!” He laughed.

“And you my love?” As he walked over to mommy his smile faded. I followed him and curiously stood between them. I didn’t know what they were doing, but I wanted to be part of it. My mom placed her hands on my shoulders.

“Lao, I need you to take her.”

Take me?

“Mei-”

“Lao, she isn’t human. It isn’t safe for her here.”

“Is there nothing more-”

“I’ve done all I can. To keep her safe I had to…to give myself to the general.” At that lightning struck the ground around us.

Daddy was angry. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him angry before.

“He is not satisfied and I fear that I may be-”

“Don’t say it!” My father shouted. “My world is not much nicer. They do not like the idea of us blending with humans. I will take her, but what of you? You as a mortal cannot enter there.”

“I will not live with the child of the general.” There was a strange look in mommy’s eyes. “Mei, don’t do this.” My daddy shook his head.

“I will not become one of his women when my father dies.”

“What!?” Daddy’s eyes glowed red.

“My father has made an alliance with him. This is all I can do.”

I looked between my mommy and daddy. I didn’t know what was happening.

Mommy kneeled down on the grass and held my hands in hers.

“Mommy?” I asked worriedly.

She smiled at me, but it didn’t touch her eyes. There was sadness. Sadness that I didn’t understand.

“My sweet, little Qian. Can you do something for mommy?” In the moonlight I saw it. A tear. She was crying. I didn’t want mommy to cry. It made me cry.

“Please be strong, my little one. You’re going to live with daddy now and everything will be different. All that I ask is that you be strong and proud of yourself.”

“M-Mommy?” Tears fell down my cheeks in tiny rivers.

Daddy walked over and fell to his knees as well. “I wish…things didn’t have to be this way.” He said. “As do I. Maybe in our next lives…”

“I will look for you. No matter where, no matter how many centuries pass we will meet again.”

He kissed mommy.

“Come, Qian.” My father gently grabbed me.

Mommy was left on the ground, crying.

Daozi Teva 34th 347567

“What!?” I snarled.

“How can you do this to me!? I am his daughter, his only child! His heir! All his properties and fortunes come to me upon his death!”

“I’m sorry Ms. Song, but the government has decided his assets would be put to better use elsewhere.” The tiny deer god said.

“How can this be!? He has a will! Look at it, look at it!” I commanded. How could this be happening to me!? Among everything else rules of inheritance had always been respected, but, because it was me they didn’t care!

“I have seen the will numerous times, but our divine government cannot be overridden. Be grateful you got to keep the palace. They could’ve taken that too.”

I was absolutely furious.

“My father has given centuries of military service-”

“There is nothing I can-”

Centuries of military service. He was the top general! How can you do this to him!?” I angrily threw a clay pot off his desk.

The little deer seemed both angry and surprised at my sudden show of aggression.

“As I was saying, there is nothing I can do for you, nor your father. I am a messenger of the high court, how dare you destroy my property!? I don’t know how they behaved where you came from, but in Epica there is no room for this kind of behavior. I would’ve assumed your father taught you better than this. Now leave half-breed, before I have you arrested!”

Half-breed?

That word. That one damnable word. I hated it so much. I didn’t have a name, didn’t have a story, didn’t have a face. All that mattered was my blood. Half-breed. That’s all anyone ever saw.

As I left the deer’s office and walked onto Epica’s pristine streets I got stares. I always did. Even though there were thousands here, everyone still knew of me.

I was too strong for men, too weak for gods. I had no place.

Lao’s half-breed daughter.

The demigod.

***

Saturday May 9th 2042 7:29AM

I woke in a cold sweat, gasping for breath. Another night, another dream.

Another nightmare.

I had dreamed every night since my last attempt to resurrect my sister. Sometimes the dreams were pleasant, sometimes frightening, always vivid.

Last night’s dream was the worst of them all.

I was my sister.

I had felt it, the snapping of bone, the chill of the lake. Fear.

Pure fear.

Too late to hold my breath, too weak to do anything about it.

I knew I was going to die, yet I could do nothing.

I just faded into the blackness.

Nightmares were just another price to pay for my mistakes.

My eyes traveled to the tiny, black clock resting on the nightstand. The numbers were red. Red like blood.

7:41 AM

Time. No matter what happened time was endless. It made one realize how insignificant they really were.

Time didn’t stop when Jessica died. Time didn’t stop when I fled my home. Time didn’t stop for my failures. Even if this universe faded into oblivion there would always be time.

I slowly sat up, earning a shriek of protest from the motel’s old, wooden bed.

“Good morning, master.” I blinked in confusion for a few moments. Someone was with me. Who? I looked to my left and understood.

It was her.

The banshee.

My servant.

“Yeah, morning…” I muttered and looked down at the sheets.

She was floating again, recovering her strength with nightly meditation as she did not sleep.

I had not meant to call her that night and she knew it, yet she took no offense. She was just as eager to show her appreciation as she was the night I summoned her.

She was different than I had expected. That night I saw a demon killing specter made for servitude. What I was witness to now was a childlike entity who wanted nothing more than to see the world and drink more “boxed juice.”

Park Sunyoung. She was a cheerful little ghost. A ghost whose soul was now connected with my own. On the night we met she bore it all to me.

She was born a peasant girl almost six hundred years ago. When a warlord passed through the region he took a liking to her and agreed to pay her family five bushels of rice in exchange for her. Sunyoung wanted no part of it and attempted to flee, but was forcibly taken with the lord. She became a concubine and experienced nothing, but abuse. She died from her wounds a bitter woman. She was only eighteen.

A bitter death creates a vengeful soul and therefore she could not move on. She wandered the earth on a different plane, growing angrier and angrier. She stalked the lord, always waiting, always hoping for his death. Then one day he grew ill and she began appearing to him. Tormenting his half-dead form. When he died she was there. She took his soul and shattered it.

As punishment she was into hell where the darkness changed her, morphed her into what she was today. A banshee, “the woman of the barrows.” A creature whose scream meant death was near. I knew of these spirits from my books, but Sunyoung seemed to have powers that were unforetold.

Being of the dead and having a wealth of experience in matters of the afterlife she was a great asset to me. It was good she had agreed to help me on my quest to bring Jessica back.

She told me that by merely having brought her to this plane I had total control over her. I could make her do anything I wanted. Kill, , pillage, run outside .

Most people would’ve been ecstatic to know they had so much power over another, but I…

It just seemed like extra responsibility and she was alive – sort of – she deserved all the rights to choose what to do, when to do it, and how she did it like all living beings do. I told her that I wouldn’t force her to be with me. She could go whenever she liked and all she did was tear up and say that she had “such a good master.”

I guess I was stuck with her for a while.

It was still kind of weird to not be alone.

Even though she filled my life with constant chatter, called me “master” in public, and was dead set on eating anything she saw she was still someone.

Someone who wouldn’t judge me, wouldn’t condemn me, wouldn’t leave me.

She was someone who wanted to be with me.

It made me feel strange. An oddly warm sensation nestled itself in my stomach. I had not felt it since before Jessica died.

I suppose this is what it was like to have a friend again.

“What is on the agenda today, master? Are we practicing? Might we be dining at one of these so-called foreign restaurants or are we going to one of those parks of amusement I have heard so much about? Please let it be the parks of amusement!”

“Well Sunyoung-”

I stopped seeing her eyes take on a glass-like quality and her bottom lip quiver. She was sad, hurt almost.

“Sorry, Luna.” I corrected myself.

She decided to change her name yesterday, to be more “modern” and to move on from the past. She didn’t enjoy her mortal life much and didn’t like hell. She wanted to “only have good memories with master.”  I guess I understood. A name change was like having a new life, being a new person.

Funny how all the books depict ghosts as stagnant and unchanging, stuck in the mindset they were when they died. Luna challenged everything.

“Well Luna, we have been pretty busy these past few days.” I thought aloud and I could feel her spirits lift.

“So, yes we can go to an amusement park.”

“YES!” She cheered and landed on the bed with a wide smile. “Let’s go!” She was out the door in a matter of seconds.

“Uh, Luna, I’m mortal I need to take a shower, put on real clothes, and eat, you know!?”

She poked her head back in the room.

“Oh, yeah. Sorry master, I’m just soooo excited!”

“I know.” I said with a small smile.

I forced myself out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. Noise suddenly filled the room and I looked behind me.

The little ghost was back and had closed the door. She moved so silently that sometimes it was a little disconcerting, but now her attention was stolen by the “magic box of people.” Also known as the television.

Once inside I shed my clothes and let the warm water prepare me for the adventurous day ahead.

***

Saturday May 9th 2042 3:30PM

“Please welcome the Korea Human Defense Organization’s chairman Lee Jin to the show.”

“Thank you Ms. Kim.” The chairman smiled smoothly to a woman in a sparkling, red dress. He was an older man. A man with sixty-five years of life and more than thirty of those years had been spent with the KHDO. Lee was short and portly with a bit of stubble, and a graying head. He looked every bit like that of a normal fat cat, but he was so much more than that.

 He was a man who just oozed public appeal. He knew when to smile, when to frown, and how to keep the nation enthralled. He had power and money, but he seemed very generous. Giving more than a quarter of his yearly earnings to orphans, animals, and disaster victims.

It was all a fallacy, but the humans were too dumb to realize it. To them he was merely a protector. What they were blind to was the fact that he could become a bigger enemy to them than he ever could to us.

“Please, tell us about yourself for those that don’t know.” The interviewer smiled and the man chortled.

“There are people who don’t know me? Well then they’ve gotta be livin’ in the stone age, eh?”

The woman nodded in agreement and the two shared a laugh.

He was a murderer.

A destroyer of families. A kidnapper of children.

 A filthy racist who did not deserve the life that he so claimed to protect.

“Well for those who don’t know. I am the man responsible for giving us the country with the smallest freak population in the world.” He smiled, but I saw it. The gleam.

The devil in his eyes.

The crowd cheered.

“Please explain to the audience what a freak is.”

“Freak, monster, demon, alien, beast. Whatever you wish to call them. They’re all the same.”

“Them?”

“Yes, them. Those disgusting creatures that have the form of man, but are given these strange abilities. Abilities which are used time and time again to destroy the real – the only - human race.” He frowned, staring right into the camera before cracking some semblance of a smirk.

Oh play it up big boy.

Could you be any more of a fake?

“That is why I invented the Peacekeepers, bionic soldiers who are trained to recognize these freaks by their genetics and annihilate them. They are near perfect. Adaptable, strong, hard to destroy. It is also the reason our economy is booming right now. Other countries need help with their freak problem.”

All I could feel was hatred.

He was my sister’s killer.

“Yes and we thank you, but what do you plan to do about the freaks that are designed to hide from the detection of your peacekeepers?” Ms. Kim asked.

“Very good question. It’s one I’ve been getting a lot these days.” The chairman continued to wear his plastic smile.

“Ah well, like any species they adapt. By developing slower it allows them to survive, to hide from us, but that is why we have partnered with the government requiring every citizen to get a blood test every six months. It is to see if any changes occur in our population. Those whose blood alters from something other than a known disease will be detained until we can determine the cause.”

Detained? You mean put in a torture camp?

“I suppose now is also a good time to reveal our latest project.”

The interviewer was literally on the edge of her seat.

“The Peacekeeper two-point-o.”

I wasn’t surprised. The humans on the television gasped, but anyone like me knew that something was going on. Security had been a little thin lately and it certainly wasn’t due to trading on the foreign market.

“I think you’ll find that this new model is much more effective. I will not reveal all of its features yet, but I believe-”

“BREAK TIME’S OVER! TIME TO GO YOU S!”

White. Blinding white.

The only color I’d come to know. I looked around the octagonal room in which I sat. White walls, white tables, white lights. It was one of the many rec rooms in the KHDO’s main base. In reality it was an over glorified cage. This whole place was. Bars separated us from the outside hallways. While many consented to talking or playing various board games I just watched.

Perhaps it was the television or maybe it was the guards.

I noted that above us was another wall, but it was in reality a one way mirror. People were watching us from above as well. You would think that with all our might we may be able to escape, but we couldn’t. Perhaps given the opportunity some would choose to stay here.

In here we knew the routine, we knew what to expect and how to behave. If we stepped out of line we would be punished. Life was simple here.

Obey or die.

There was also the fact that for many of us, they had figured out ways to neutralize our powers.

A collar, a microchip, fear. They all worked well.

Despite the truth of this living hell I had become restless. I wanted to stretch my legs, to smell something other than the stale air of this prison, to be free. Even though I was here I would never stop fighting. Never.

They would have to kill me on my feet. I don’t think anyone here could do that. My will was like steel, no one could break it.

“Hey S-four-seven-five-two!”

A voice of another man I hated. Resentment welled up inside my chest and I decided to do something I’d been doing a lot more in recent months. Resist.

“Shifter!”

Nope.

“Are you deaf!?”

Ignoring.

“Liu Yiyun!?”

Nuh-uh.

“Move it you damn, dyke!”

“!” I swore feeling the pain of a volt of electricity running through me. I collapsed on the ground gasping for breath.

“Damn, this collar.” I panted as the feet of my assailant came into view. He looked military. The standard around here. Dressed in green, adorned with many medals and ribbons. Proof of his dedication. Killing the children of my kind to protect his.

Oh, sir we salute you.

I had a collar fitted around my neck to control my powers and to dehumanize me. The shockwave he sent to me would’ve killed a human in an instant. For me it was only painful.

“You wanna cooperate now?”

“You wanna me now?”

Another shock. This time I screamed, feeling the pain invade every part of my body. “Get up!” He yanked me up by the collar and dragged me. I was disoriented and could barely walk. It was so white. Too much white.

Headache.

 “Amber!?”

That voice.

Her voice.

The one I must protect.

Suddenly I was much more coherent. The world had opened up. I looked up just in time to see her passing by. She was being escorted by two guards. No words were exchanged, she didn’t even look at me, but there was no need to.

 “Are you alright?” She asked, already out of view.

I felt her, in my head.

I knew she was scared. I knew she hated this place. I knew she wanted to get out.

 “Yeah.”

No one heard her earlier. No one heard her now.

She was a telepath and she had just bloomed.

“Are you sure? Will you be well enough to-”

“Don’t worry Jinri. We will get out. Just a few more days. Just a few more days and I swear we will be free.”

***

Translations:

“Nocte! Nocte! Nocte!” [Latin – Night, night, night!]
“Auferre! Auferre! Auferre!” [Latin – To kill, to kill, to kill]
“배고파! 배고파!” [Korean (bae go-p’a bae go p’a) – I’m hungry, I’m hungry!]

So this exists now. It was really fun to write, however this story is not my priority, which means updates will be slow. There’s nothing wrong with asking for progress or trying to encourage me to work on it if you like it that much, just don’t be surprised if things are a little slow with it.

For those who are reading my other story and found their way here: I had writers block and needed something else to write. F(x)’s comeback gave me some inspiration that I had to release. The other story is not dead and WILL BE FINISHED.

~AnthroOutlaw