Bedtime,Bathtime,Playtime, and a Kiss

Mama of Exo

Chapter Three: Bedtime, Bath time, Playtime, and a Kiss

            “Umma,” a small voice said. Julie’s eyes snapped open and she looks from where the voice came from.

            Luhan’s eyes were wide open, staring at Julie with a smile on his face as he repeated the word. “Umma, umma, umma.”

            “Yes, Luhannie?” she asked smiling sleepily. He stared at her with his wide eyes.

            “Icky,” he mumbled, holding out his arms. Julie smiled, standing up from the bed, grabbing Luhan as she made sure Xiumin was still asleep. She took him into the bathroom, sitting him on the toilet seat cover as she filled the tub with water that was good for a baby. When she was sure it was okay, she slowly undressed Luhan as he held up his hands to help take his shirt off. When he was undressed, she set him down in the tub watching as he began to play in the water.

            “Umma,” another voice cried. Julie looked up, running to see Xiumin sitting up in bed with tears streaming down his face. She picked him up, hugging him he clung to her, his arms wrapped around her body under her arms, his legs halfway around her waist, and his head on her chest. He cried into her chest as she patted his back, trying to get him to calm down.

            “Shh, shh, baby,” she whispered as she carried him into the bathroom with her. He eventually calmed down, pulling his face away, looking around. He saw Luhan in the bath and looked back at Julie, pointing to the tub. She smiled, sat him down on the counter, took his clothes and diaper off, and then put him in the bath with Luhan. They splashed and giggled, talking to each other in baby talk. Julie then got a cup, the baby shampoo, and baby bath toys. She put the toys in the tub, getting water and the shampoo and washing their hair while they played with the toys, making sure not to get water in their eyes. When she was done washing their bodies after their hair, she got towels to wrap them in. “Are you ready to get out and go to sleep, babies?” The babies looked at her, each holding their arms up.

            She smiled, unplugged the tub, and picked each child up, wrapping them in the warm towels. She dried them off, wrapping them into little burritos so she could find clothes as she had them in her arms. She found diapers and clothes in one of the bedrooms, taking the boys back to her room to put the clothes on them. After she dressed them, she laid them back down, her arm draped over them again, only to have them snuggle closer to her body.

            Soon, Xiumin and Luhan both drifted off to sleep, Julie soon following.

 

          

            Julie woke up the next morning to wiggling against her arm and to the giggles of the babies. She still felt shocked, hoping it wasn’t real for a minute, but then feeling happy that she had got them. She wouldn’t have known how empty and uneventful her life had been if she hadn’t gained the babies she deemed as treasures to be kept. As she thought it over, she felt them wiggle more, turning it seemed. She soon felt the babies sitting up, Luhan moving to sit next to Xiumin. She felt a small and chubby hand on her cheek, pressing her face.

            “Umma,” Xiumin said in his adorable voice, trying to wake her up as he pushed gently on her cheek.

            “It’s too early, Xiumin,” Julie answered, hiding a smile. “Go back to sleep. You’ll wake Luhannie.” Another hand was placed on her cheek.

            “Umma!” Luhan yelled, pushing Julie’s face in as he tried to get her up. “Down! Down!” She opened her eyes, staring at her “sons” in confusion. They sat there, smiling, patting Julie’s face.

            “No, Luhannie,” she said gently, getting up. “Down,” she dropped to the floor. “Up,” and she jumped up to stand. Luhannie tilted his head in confusion.

            “Down,” he said, laying on the bed. “Up.” He sat up on the bed. Julie nodded, cooing at the baby.

            “Yes! Good job, Luhannie!” she cooed, picking him and Xiumin up.

            “Up.” Xiumin said. Julie looked at him, nodding with a big smile.

            “Yes, Min-Min, up.” He smiled at her. She took them into the kitchen, only to be yelled at by the babies who didn’t want food. “Okay, okay.” She took them into a different room she had discovered down the hall. It was a big room, filled with toys, washable coloring markers, and picture books. She set them down and they ran, grabbing toys, blabbing to each other, and playing like the little kids they are. Julie thought she was okay to silently sneak out and get something to eat, so she did; except she ran down the hall to the kitchen to grab and apple, then running back before they knew she was gone. When she entered the room, the babies had their mouths open, ready to scream, when they saw her and clung to her legs, crying hysterically.

            She tried to shush them, but that ended up not so well. Instead of saying sorry, they made her play with them until they got tired and wanted to take a nap. She played with all the dolls there, colored with them, and even read some stories. She was so happy when they fell asleep since she herself was tired. Except only Xiumin wanted a nap, so she rocked him back and forth on as she stayed standing up, as when she would sit, he’d begin to scream and cry. She felt so drained when she finally got him to sleep at around eleven thirty, putting him down on a couch that was placed in there. She then played with Luhan as he still wanted to play, making sure Xiumin was okay. After Luhan grew tired, he did something that surprised her.

            “Umma,” he mumbled as he looked up at her. She looked at him, smiling gently. “Kiss.” He puckered his lips adorably, making her peck his lips, laughing at him wiggle excitedly as he snuggled back into her, his feet kicking gently. She laughed and rocked him back and forth until her fell asleep. She then put him on the couch before taking a pillow and laid down on the floor, staring at the ceiling. Thinking over everything once again, soon welcoming the sleep she missed. She was just thankful they didn't scream in the middle of the night!