III

You, Whom I Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No, It takes two to balance a relationship. If one isn't trying, what's the point of continuing it?” 

- Unknown

Read A/N below! :) 

Hyukjae flinched a little as he was honestly surprised when he woke up to two strong arms holding him on the bed, Soft snores were heard from behind him as a face was pressed against his nape. Hyukjae's tensed body relaxed a little when he knew that it was donghae. He slowly removed donghae's hands but the hand tightened around his waist as kisses were placed on his nape and a loud manly groan was heard. Hyukjae smiled a little at that action. He missed seeing donghae in the mornings. The latter always had child-like features in the morning and hyukjae had to admit he had woken up way earlier then dnghae before, Just to admire him as he slept.

 

 

He turned his body around to face donghae and was welcomed with a pleasant sight. Donghae's face was all scrunched up as the morning ray of of sun shine was hitting on his flawless face. He looked like an angel. Donghae's messy bed hair was everywhere but at that moment, even with that he managed to look adorably good. hyukjae smiled as he placed a kiss on his lover's lips which donghae immediately responded to. Donghae let his hands roam around to find for the hem of the shirt and sneakily placed his hands inside, caressing each exposed skin of hyukjae's back. 

 

" Good morning to you too." Donghae said in between the needy kisses of hyukjae. Hyukjae placed one last kiss before he moved to the side, a grumble was heard when he left the bed.

 

" Get up, You are going to be late." Hyukjae nudged donghae to look at the clock which clearly says that it was 7:40am. If hyukjae was right about him being late, Donghae approximately had 40 minutes to get his out and freshen up, Eat breakfast and drive off to work. 

 

" baby." 

 

 

***

 

 

Donghae was already tying his tie down the stairs as he placed his bag on the kitchen table before he sat for breakfast which was a simple toast. He thanked his lover before he started to dig in while he checked his messages and mail one by one. 

 

" So, will you be late today? Its Saturday tomorrow. Its an off day for you. " Hyukjae asked hopefully. Donghae raised an eyebrow at him as he didn't know what was hyukjae trying to say. 

 

" Why baby? Is there something going on?" Donghae asked half heartedly as his main concern now was more on finishing his breakfast and getting to work. 

 

"Nothing wrong. I just wanted to spend more time with you. We rarely even get to interact properly nowadays. I thought of going out tomorrow but that is only if you are not tired." Hyukjae stuttered as he said them all in one breath. He normally didn't mind asking donghae out but this time round, It was suffocating. 

 

"I'm not sure if i will be back early. Yeah sure why not. We can catch a movie and dinner? See you later in the night! Love you!" Donghae stuffed the last piece of toast in his mouth as he scurried out of the door to his car after placing a quick kiss on hyukjae's cheeks. 

 

Hyukjae closed his eyes as he looked at the now, shut door. He isn't sure if he is over exaggerating, but things are a little different now. Donghae's hugs didn't seem that welcoming anymore, Donghae was caught up on work and he didn't even know if donghae was paying attention to him just now. He was rarely home. They barely talk for more than an hour everyday and he didn't like it. Hyukjae felt, lonely. He sighed as he took the dishes to the sink.

 

Then he remembered that contact on donghae's phone. Miyeon<3 he wondered how close they are for donghae to put such an emoticon beside her name. He couldn't help but feel that slight tug on his heart. I'm just thinking too much. 

 

Then again his brain replayed the small smile donghae had on his lips. A smile that for the first time, it was irritating to look at. Hyukjae gripped on the plate unnecessarily hard as he brought it under the tap. He believed in donghae. 

Donghae was driving as he bobbed his head to the music, singing song which was the mood setter for the day. He was on his way to the kindergarten. He was excited to see the kids again and also Miyeon who has made an impression on him. He didn't know why but he enjoyed her company and she is nice. Her students are all fond of her too. 

 

" Oh you are here already! I would love to hear your proposal on what you would like to do for our school." The principal said as she smiled kindly at the man who is going to contribute to the school's facility. 

 

" I was wanting to suggest the sports hall for the kids to be air-conditioned as Seoul's weather is unpredictable and we are at the hottest period of the year. To prevent the kids from suffering a heat or when the weather is too hot, They can have a cooling environment to stay at." Donghae said as he pointed to the sports hall.

 

" I would also increase the amount of amenities in the play ground and yet the things will be kept safe for young kids. The floor will be changed into the more modern flooring you see in playground nowadays which also ensures that the kids will not injure themselves. More basic materials for art classes and music classes will also be given." Donghae says as he sincerely wishes the best for all these children. He didn't want them to feel any lesser than the rest.

 

" Thank you Mr.Lee. We don't know how to repay your kindness."

 

" Please don't mention it. The kids future is what makes it all worth the effort."

 

Donghae bid goodbye to the lady as he turned around and almost bump into Miyeon. Donghae immediately held onto her hand as he smiled at her while she was certainly taken aback.

 

" Watch where you are going, Teacher." Donghae teases as he lets go of her, totally taking note of how red her cheeks were as she laughs at the way he addresses her.

 

" Please don't call me that." She laughs once again as donghae asks her why not without forgetting to add a 'teacher' after that.

 

"It makes me sound old."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter