8

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

Really?” Mark said as he stepped out of the elevator, he was clad in a crisp black and navy business suit. He passed by the secretarial office, the female employees gushed as they looked at him.

You should see it when it’s done, I bet Lauren’s going to love it.” Saehee chuckled from the other end.

But you? I called yesterday, your secretary answered.” Saehee said.

That was Namjoo, I was in a meeting.

“Then that’s proof you’re actually in your office.” Saehee cheered, Mark could hear that she was driving.

“Anyway, let’s talk later, you’re driving.”

Jaekyung looked up as he passed.

“I know, take care then, miss Jung.” Mark put his phone in his coat pocket.

“When did you schedule the party for the board and managers?” Mark asked her.

“In two weeks’ time, sir. And~” Jaekyung stood up and gathered the set of folders from her desk.

“I forgot to put these on your table earlier.” She said apologetically as she walked towards the double doors, then her heel got caught on the table’s leg, she yelped slightly as the folders fell on the carpeted the floor.

Mark bent down to pick up the files.

“Sir, I can~” Jaekyung was mortified.

“It’s fine,” Mark managed to gather them all in one arm.

“Just be careful.” Mark nodded before going in his office. Jaekyung sat back on her desk with a smile.

 

 

Saehee nodded as the male spoke, Himchan was seated across her, also listening, but his eyes would always go to the lady across him.

Then the lights were switched on, Saehee put her pen down.

“About the funding, may I know which bank was contacted and about the contractor and the architect, can you arrange a meeting for that?” Saehee asked in her usual business-like tone, Himchan admired her for that, well he was surprised at first. He thought she was going to be one of those over privileged kids whose parent just ave them a position in the company, but she wasn’t. She was good in everything.

“Yes, I’ll send you the details and contact the firm.”

Saehee nodded and stood up, Himchan grinned and followed her.

“Have you been to Harujuku Street in the summer, Saehee?”

“No, I haven’t had the chance to.” Saehee replied as she slung her purse around her shoulder.

“I know a good place for tea, care to join me?”

Saehee looked at him with a knowing smile.

“Just as friends or..business partners, if you must.”

“Okay, I’ll~”

“You can ride with me…and my secretary.” Himchan smirked.

“Really?” Saehee asked dryly, causing Himchan to chuckle at her bluntness.

“We all need a friend in a different country, right?”

“Whatever you want to think, Himchan. I’ll see you at the lobby.”

 

Mark was having lunch with some of the board members; Namjoo and Jaekyung were both behind him. He was slightly uncomfortable.

“Excuse me,” He spoke up in Taiwanese. Namjoo and Jaekyung looked up.

“We can add two more seats, right? I’m not comfortable with my secretaries just standing behind me.” He said, the elder males looked surprised, but they nodded. Then Mark stood up, he called for the waiter.

“Sir, I can~”

Mark waved Namjoo off as he gestured for the waiter to add two more chairs their table. Jaekyung watched as Mark instructed them to put two more plates and a set of utensils, she felt her chest tighten slightly.

She smiled to herself.

 

Her boss was really different and…attractive.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++