43

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

Lauren enjoyed her blueberries and cream smoothie as Lina and Saehee talked. Lina put her phone back in her purse.

Right, I forgot!” Lina said, Lauren looked at her mother.

“What is it?” Saehee put down her cup of frapuccino.

I have to pick up a few books for Lauren, it’s just across the street, Sae.

“Then~”

Just stay here, we’ll be back.” Lina smiled at her before taking Lauren’s hand.

 

 

Mark noticed the familiar Audi, he paused before parking behind it. He entered the café, looking for Lina. Then he halted as she noticed Saehee staring back at him.

You’re not drunk.” He paused.

I was having..coffee.” She replied, her tone edgy.

Mark sighed.

Lina told me you were drunk.” Mark said as he stood before her, hesitating to join her on the table.

Saehee took her purse and stood up.

Well, I’m not. I’m going.” Saehee murmured before sidestepping him, Mark followed her out.

“Saehee, wait~”

“Mark, what are you thinking? What’s bothering you?”

Mark halted, his forehead creased.

I’ve asked you that twice, but you just told me nothing.

Mark was quiet, he studied Saehee’s face, he felt his chest tighten.

Are you going to leave me?

Saehee’s eyes doubled in size.

What are you saying?

Mark looked away, he hard Saehee sigh and she walked to him and wrapped her arms around him.

What brought this up?

Mark just shook his head, he had no idea why he let the slip from his tongue. Saehee pulled back, her eyes worried.

But, why would I leave you Tuan?

Mark shook his head, Saehee smiled before taking his hand, she stood on her toes before kissing his cheek.

Is there something you want me to do? Just…to make you feel better again.

Mark bit his lip, his fingers laced with Saehee’s.

Can…you pass that project to Yunho hyung instead?

Saehee paused, but she nodded.

Okay, I will.

 

Namjoon took a long swing from the bottle. He was at his house, drinking.

All he wanted to ask was why they broke up.

And that he knew he had to stop denying the fact that he wanted Saehee back.

He drummed his fingers against the table.

“I don’t understand, Sae~”

“Nam, Mark’s sick, his parents are away.” Saehee sighed.

“But we already talked about this weeks ago!”

Saehee shook her head at him.

“It’s just a day at the beach, Nam, we can always reschedule, right now I need to go home and check on Mark.”

“It’s always about Mark!”

Saehee paused, her brows furrowed.

“He’s my best friend, I have to take care of him.”

Namjoon laughed bitterly.

 

 

“That was a close call.” Jackson murmured as he read the article about Saehee and Namjoon.

I don’t understand, does Namjoon want her back?” Lina asked, Jackson paused.

How…What do you mean?

I mean, I just noticed that…you know Mark, he’s not exactly the…jealous type, I mean he understands Saehee, but if he didn’t notice anything, why would he..act this way?

Jackson looked at her from his desk.

So you’re saying that…Namjoon…looks at Sae differently?

I have..a feeling about that. I mean, why would Mark have his guard up? He didn’t even react this much when it was Himchan, right?

Jackson could only nod.

 

“Somehow you talked me into handing the project that was assigned to me to my cousin.” Saehee murmured, Mark grinned at her from the beach chair. They were at the Jungs. It was around three in afternoon.

I told ahjumma that Saerin unnie’s secretary would pass by,” Saerin said before taking off her robe.

Why?” Mark asked as she dipped her bare legs on the pool, she was dressed in a black two piece bikini.

Clothes for Yunho oppa, we have this party next week. Perks of dating a designer.” She mused before going down to the water.

Am I asking for too much? About that project?” Mark asked softly, he took off his shirt before joining her on the pool.

Hmm, not really. I did ask you what you want, and you just answered.” She mused, Mark grinned before swimming to her.

You only survive in pools, but never on the beach.” Mark chuckled before placing his palms on her waist, Saehee made a face at him.

Can you tell me why…why you were acting that way?” Saehee asked, she saw how Mark’s brows furrowed slightly, she chuckled, Mark suddenly let go of her, she squealed.

“Tuan!” She whined, Mark chuckled before grabbing her again, his arms around her bare waist.

Maybe I can get clingy at times, I admit.” Mark nodded silently, his lips pursed. Saehee chuckled before wrapping her arms around his neck.

Well, that…that’s a well known fact, bud.

And I hate that you only get along guys, can we correct that?” Mark asked before kissing her squarely on the lips.

There are some things..we can’t change.” Saehee replied, her lips moving against his. Mark smiled before pulling back.

If I didn’t get along with guys well, we wouldn’t be even friends.

You do know that I just deflected your question, right?”

“Yes,” Saehee rolled her eyes, but Mark just squeezed her hips.

Mark Tuan!” Saehee snapped, but Mark just playfully kissed her nose.

“Young miss, a guest has arrived,”

Saehee blinked, Mark followed her gaze, then his grip on Saehee tightened.

 

 

I came because I wanted to ask you something.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++