39

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

Saehee’s brows furrowed as she felt the sun’s rays touch her face, she slowly opened her eyes and patted the space beside her, she found it empty.

Tuan?” She murmured as she sat up. She could heard Jackson chatting downstairs. She smiled before walking to the bathroom to wash her face.

 

Mark looked up as Saehee entered the kitchen. She found the two clad in white wife beaters as they talked.

Why didn’t you wake me up? I’m going to be late for~” Saehee yawned, Jackson chuckled before taking the plates to the dining room. Mark smiled, brushed the hair away from her face.

“You can always come in late.” Mark mused as he leaned against he counter, he crossed his arms.

“Like you?” Saehee shook her head at him, she sighed before walking to him.

“Maybe?” Mark replied, Saehee made a face and just placed her palms on his shoulders. Mark’s brows rose up, but he placed his palms on her waist.

But I’m so sleepy.” She pouted before burying her face on the crook of his neck. Mark chuckled.

Would you like to take a walk before we eat?

 

Namjoon stepped out of the house, clad in a pair of sweats and a loose top. He put on his earphones as he stretched.

Then he paused when he saw a familiar pair walking not far from him.

Saehee was dressed in a loose white shirt, with shorts, while Mark was walking beside her.

She was laughing as Mark tried to fix her hair.

Namjoon looked away, his brows furrowed.

 

It’s funny.” Saehee laughed as Mark let go of her hair. He made a face at her before tugging down the hem of her shorts slightly.

So..no meetings today?” He asked carefully.

I don’t think so, but,” Saehee smiled as she took his hand, Mark grinned and pulled his hand away. Saehee just crossed her arms.

“Yunho oppa asked me to attend this meeting~ Ya!” Saehee snapped as Mark pecked her lips.

He chuckled as her cheeks turned into a shade of pink.

You’ve been doing that too much lately, in public too.” She warned, Mark gave her a sheepish smile, his eyes darting behind her.

Let’s pretend~

Saehee swatted him away, he chuckled. Then Saehee paused, she looked up.

“Oh, Nam?”

Mark’s lips pursed slightly.

Out for a run?” Saehee asked, Namjoon nodded as he walked to them.

I didn’t know you live around the neighborhood, that’s why you offered to drop me off.” Saheee chuckled, Mark’s brows rose up.

He looked at Saehee sharply, he stepped back.

I do, I just moved last week.” Namjoon replied, his tone casual.

Then, have you eaten?

Mark paused and looked at Saehee.

“I was planning to just order~”

Tuan, is it okay for Namjoon to join us? We have to kind neighbors.” Saehee turned to Mark.

Mark just nodded.

Good, come with us.

 

Jackson pressed both of his palms on his face as Namjoon entered the house, he heard his daughter greet the newcomer.

Why do you have to be so cool, Jung Saehee?

He looked up as Mark entered the kitchen, he grabbed a glass of water before stepping out again.

 

Whoa, you get along with her?” Jackson mused as he found Lauren and Namjoon at the dining table, the two were talking animatedly.

Saehee grinned as she placed the dishes on the table, Mark plopped beside his cousin while Saehee sat next to Lauren.

“Oh, you eat carrots now?” Namjoon looked up, Saehee was eating her salad.

Mark looked up before slicing his pancake.

I do now, because Mark doesn’t eat it, so when we eat out, I end up with the carrots.” She chuckled.

Jackson sighed.

Close one!

“Oh, ahjussi, you know eomma well!” Lauren mused, Jackson winced.

“Well..we were good friends.” Namjoon smiled at the child, Saehee nodded.

Soon, they finished eating; Lauren had went up to his room.

Then, I’ll go ahead, thanks for inviting me over.” Namjoon stood up. Saehee was about to stand, but Mark pulled her back. Jackson quickly followed Namjoon to walk him out.

 

Saehee pushed opened the door, Mark followed behind her.

“Are you going to work today? Should I help you pick a suit?” She asked, Mark just nodded silently, his mind was troubled.

“Then, how about~” Saehee paused before walking to his closet.

..Oh?” Mark looked up.

I wanted to thank you.

Thank..me?

Saehee nodded as she walked to him, she grinned as she placed her arms on his shoulders and laced her fingers behind his neck.

I was actually regretting that I asked Namjoon to join us, I realized that you might not like it.” She bit her lip, Mark paused but he just let her talk.

So, thank you for being such a cool Tuan.” She chuckled before kissing him. Mark just nodded and squeezed her waist.

 

I don’t like him near you.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

i actually feel angsty now