38

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

“It seems that everything is going well.” Saehee said as they walked around the area, Namjoon nodded then his eyes went to her heels.

“It’s not difficult? Walking in heels?” He asked, they were rocking on a slightly pebbled street.

“It’s fine, but what time are we coming back?”

You still can’t stand the outdoors.” Namjoon mused, Saehee paused and sent him a look.

It’s not that.

Namjoon just chuckled, making his secretary pause and stare at him.

But, Sae,

“What?”

When did…you and Mark…

She grinned at him.

Last year or so. It’s weird, he asked why we broke up and now you’re asking me about him.

Namjoon paused but he nodded, he watched as Saehee walked ahead of him, confidently chatting with some of the contractors and site workers. He smiled.

I shouldn’t have just let you go.

 

 

Jackson started the film, he was iffy about why Saehee was running late. Lauren was in her room, reading while his cousin was sitting across him, arms crossed and face expressionless.

Did you try calling her?” He asked carefully.

“I did, but her battery died.” Mark replied, then he stood up and went to his room. Jackson winced as he heard the door shut with a bang.

Why did she have to go with Namjoon?” Jackson whined to himself, he tossed the remote control away.

He glanced at the clock, it was already ten in the evening.

 

“Thanks for driving me here.” Saehee smiled as Namjoon pulled over in front of the Jung residence.

“It’s my fault we go stuck in traffic, go on in.”

Saehee nodded and got down from the car, then she looked at the house across. She bit her lip.

“Saehee~”

“I’ll..go there. Good night!” Saehee gave him a wave before crossing the street. Namjoon paused in confusion, then he watched as Saehee let herself in the house. Namjoon glanced at the other house, he saw the Jung family name on the gate.

Then he looked at the house where Saehee had entered, his brows met as he read the Chinese characters on the gate.

“You have to leave early? But the game just started.” Namjoon asked, Saehee smiled apologetically and kissed his cheek.

“I promised Mark I would make him kimbap on his birthday, he hates seaweed.”

Namjoon made a face at her.

“Besides, you’ll come over later, just call me.” Saeheee kissed his cheek before leaving.

“Tuan.” He murmured before starting the car again, then he sped away.

 

Jackson heard the front door open, he eyed Saehee warily as she entered the house.

“Am I~”

“Yes, you are. Very late.” He replied, Saehee blew him a kiss before rushing to the stairs.

“You better deal with him quick.” Jackson just shook his head and plopped down on the couch.

 

Mark’s brows was furrowed, he was sitting at the edge of his bed. His fists were curled slightly.

Tuan?” The door opened, he heard Saehee put down her purse and shut the door.

“I’m here.” Mark cleared his throat, Saehee walked to him with a smile.

I’m sorry, we got stuck in traffic.

Mark looked up, she was standing before him. He smiled and nodded.

What are you doing here? Jackson is~

Mark just wrapped his arms around her waist, Saehee paused and looked down. He pressed his cheek against her stomach.

O..kay…” She trailed off, amused.

I love you too.” Mark said, Saehee grinned.

Mark let go and stood up, he was smiling at her.

How are you going to make up for being late?

Saehee stepped back from him.

I can make you guys something to eat.

“But I’m a better cook compared to you.” Mark replied.

“Heol.” Saehee said before walking towards his closet.

Do you need a shirt?” Mark asked as he followed her.

I do. It’s too tiring to go home, can I?” She asked as she took out one of his white shirts. She started to take off her coat, Mark took it from her.

So, what’s bothering you Tuan?” She asked as she walked towards the bathroom. She left the door ajar as she changed, Mark leaned against the wall.

Nothing.” He replied, he heard Saehee snort. Then, she stepped out wearing his white shirt with her denim cutoffs.

Can you please make us ramen?” Saehee bit her lip.

 

Mark nodded, he kissed her nose before leaving the room. His brows furrowed as he closed the doors behind him.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 

 

 

credits to itsbabyjoojoo for the poster!