36

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

Namjoon glanced back, Mark and Saehee were chatting as they walked. His head tilted slightly.

He was surprised that the two were still together.

They were always the best of friends.” He murmured to himself before walking to his car.

 

Mark glanced up as the doors opened, Saehee walked in with a cup of coffee.

Did I mention how much I miss your secretary Yoo? He’s the best.” Saehee grinned as she waved at Mark’s secretary before he closed the door. Mark smiled and signed on the document before closing the door. Saehee leaned against his desk and yawned slightly.

“Lauren asked me if I could go shopping with her.” Saehee stated.

But you hate shopping.” Mark said as he stood up and leaned against the desk, he trapped Saehee between his arms.

I know, but Namjoon’s office called, it seems that there are things we need to talk about~

Mark cut her off and planted his lips on hers, he grinned as he bit Saehee’s lower lip and pulled away.

“I’ll come with you and Lauren.” Mark nodded, Saehee swatted him away before grabbing her purse.

Later then, I just came by to drop your coffee and~ ya!” Saehee snapped when Mark kissed her again.

I know, thanks babe.

Why do you get so hyper during mornings? This scares me, I shouldn’t visit next time.” She grumbled before leaving.

Mark leaned against his desk, he crossed his arms.

Kim Namjoon.

Why did you have to be Himchan’s cousin?

 

“So, the concept will be new. More focus on the male customers.” Saehee said as she read the brochure.

“Yes, director. Since, we all know when females shop, they will most likely have their husbands or boyfriends with them. And most of them wont enjoy staying in the mall, but, our mall will change that concept. We will provide serviced for male customers such a mini arcades and~”

Namjoon tuned out the employees who were explaining.

Saehee was nodding along the presentation went on, she bit her lip before she would ask questions or drum her fingers while thinking. Namjoon almost smiled, those were habits even before.

But he was surprised that her best pal, Mark and her still hung out like before too. Namjoon shook his head.

The presentation ended, Namjoon looked up.

“Saehee?” He said as the other employees started to pile out of the room.

“Are you busy?”

“Today? Not really, why?”

Let’s have coffee together.

She paused, Namjoo tensed.

That sounds nice.

They walked towards the elevator quietly, Namjoon’s brows furrowed.

“So..how are you lately, Sae?”

“Busy, as usual. But, it’s…well, everything’s fine. You? Still baffled by the fact that we’re working on a project together?”

Namjoon paused and stared at her, Saehee chuckled.

If you only saw your face when we first spoke. I know you, Kim Namjoon.

Namjoon could only nod.

I just…wasn’t expecting it to be you.

 

Where?” Mark asked again. Lauren was following her uncle.

Ah..Okay, we’ll be there.

Where’s mommy, daddy?” She asked as Mark put his phone back in his pocket, he took Lauren’s hand and they walked towards the coffee shop across Saehee’s office.

“She says she’s having coffee here.” Mark said as they entered the shop, then he halted.

Namjoon was with Saehee, they were chatting comfortably.

His jaw tensed briefly before walking to them.

“Tuan.” Saehee said as Mark kissed her cheek.

“Mommy, let’s go.” She said, Namjoon looked at Lauren.

“Jackson’s kid?” He asked.

You still remember.” Saehee mused but she nodded, Mark’s brows met briefly but he jut nodded. Lauren looked at the other male.

You know my father?

I know your mom too, Lina used to be seatmate during Homeroom.” Namjoon replied, Lauren smiled at him, Mark paused, unconsciously his hand landed on Saehee’s shoulder.

Since when was Lauren open to strangers?

Hey, let’s go.” He said coolly. Saehee nodded and faced Namjoon.

I need to go, thanks for the coffee, Nam.

Namjoon nodded.

I’ll see you next week then, Sae, Mark.” He said, Mark nodded and pulled Lauren with him.

Saehee followed the two; she wrapped one arm around Mark’s waist as they walked.

 

Mark discreetly glanced at Namjoon, then he bent down to kiss Saehee squarely on the lips before taking her hand.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++