20

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

 

 

Mark was inside the mini conference room with his two secretaries. He was waiting for his father to arrive. Beside him sat Lauren, surprisingly, Lauren wasn’t being bubbly, instead she chose to flip through the pages of a magazine. Mark smiled and patted her head.

“We did not take any pictures yet, Laur.

Lauren looked up, and then she smiled before taking out her Instax camera. She slid down from her chair and tossed the camera to Jaekyung.

“Take a photo of us,”

Mark looked at her questioningly.

“…Please.“ She finished before walking to Mark again, Jaekyung smiled before nodding.

“It would have been nice if your Jung Saehee was here.” Lauren mused before sitting on Mark’s lap, the latter just grinned before smiling for the camera.

Behind the device, Jaekyung had paused slightly.

Jung Saehee.

Of course, she was stupid to think that that once she had left, she would be gone forever.

The doors opened, the elder Tuan entered the room. Lauren started to cheer in English before rushing to hug the elder.

You’re here. Visiting Mark?

Yes, how have you been, pops?

The man grinned.

I’ve been well, Lauren. Actually, I have news that Mark would really like.

Namjoo and Jaekyung gave the president a polite bow and sat down.

“There’s a conference for all motor companies in Asia next week,”

Mark nodded.

“It’s going to be held in Japan.”

Lauren chuckled, Mark paused but he nodded.

“Make sure you come, say hi to Saehee for me too.”

Hearing her name from Mark’s father made Jaekyung uncomfortable, she didn’t realize how big Saehee was in Mark’s life.

Lauren glanced back and studied the other female in the room, then she went back to her seat.

 

Jackson was lounging on the couch inside Saehee’s office while she was reading some documents, then Jackson jumped slightly as the doors opened.

“Himchan.” He heard his friend sigh, but she stood up.

“It’s urgent, come with me.” He said, Jackson blinked, he sat up.

“I have a meeting in a few, what~”

“Saehee?” Jackson stood up from the couch, Himchan looked at the other male.

“This is Jackson, my..best friend, Mandoo this is Himchan from KimSan Group, our company and his are~”

“I know, project.” Jackson said, as Himchan shook his hand.

Saehee bit her lip.

“Dinner, okay? I’ll pick you up.” Himchan said, Jackson blinked many times.

What?!

“Ya~”

“You promised you would help!” Himchan whined, Saehee winced and just pushed him out of her office.

“Jung Sae~”

“Fine! Just text me the address!”

She shut the door and came face to face with a curious Jackson Wang.

“What dinner? Why is he picking you up? You actually talk to strangers now? Wait, no, that’s for Mark hyung. But you!”

Saehee sighed again.

 

Jackson was tapping his foot as he waited outside Saehee’s room. She was inside, changing.

“Ya!” He shrieked, Saehee rolled her eyes before stepping out. She was clad in a white A-line tweed dress that fit her frame perfectly.

“I don’t understand why you agreed to help him.”

“He’s a good person, and we all need new friends.”

“Blech.” Jackson replied as she followed her down.

Besides, you’re coming too. I have my Mandoo.

Ew.” Jackson said as they got out of the house. Saehee walked to her Mercedes Benz.

Anyway, we should check on Laur and Tuan.

 

“Sae~”

“It’s me, hyung.” Jackson said as they stepped in the mall, Saehee was walking beside him.

“How’s my daughter?” He mused.

“She’s fine, but why~”

“I told you I’d come pick you up!” Himchan’s deep voice could be heard from the other line. Mark paused, Jackson winced before discreetly stepping away from Saehee.

“I did mention I would just drive myself here, Kim Himchan.” Saehee said.

Who are you with?” Mark asked, his tone edgy.

“We’re out, with Sae’s friend. Himchan.” Jackson murmured carefully.

“Hi Tuan!” Saehee called out before walking to Himchan.

“Hyung, I know~”

 

I’ll call later, and I’m expecting for her to pick up, not you.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++