15

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

“I don’t understand…” Saehee trailed off, she was having coffee at a nearby coffee shop. She had left Mark to his meeting and decided to call her office.

“Yes, he hasn’t been coming to the meetings plus not even his secretary can reach him.”

She drummed her fingers on the table.

“Arasso, I’ll call you again later.”

Saehee put her phone down, it was strange, Himchan had cancelled two meetings and even called to call off the upcoming meeting for Thursday.

“Something must have gone wrong.” She murmured before standing up.

 

Jaekyung was fixing some of the new reports when a deliveryman had walked up to her desk.

“A delivery for Mr. Tuan,” He said while producing a red paper bag.

“Yes, okay.” Jaekyung said as she signed on the piece of paper he had given her. Seconds later, she stood up and entered Mark’s office.

Mark was sitting on his desk, reading the paper. Jaekyung paused for a while, now that Saehee was in the country, she rarely found him alone in his office.

“This just came for you, sir.” She said politely as she placed the bag on his table, Mark nodded and immediately opened the box inside.

She saw his lips quirk up slightly as he opened the red box, in it was a set of rose gold Cartier timepieces.

Jaekyung bowed politely before leaving. She was about to sit on her desk when Saehee came walking towards her, she noticed the watch on her wrist.

Her brows rose, trying to remember where she had seen a similar watch before.

Then she paused, her own boss also had the same model, only his was bigger.

“Couple watches.” She murmured before sitting down. She closed her eyes briefly.

 

“You look bothered.” Mark said as Saehee put her bag down.

“I called the office, Himchan’s been cancelling the meetings. Luckily, the construction seems to have pushed through.”

Mark nodded before closing the box on his table.

“I kind of miss Jackson,” Saehee mused before sitting on the couch.

“What time’s your flight tomorrow?” Mark asked.

“After lunch, you don’t need to send me off, Tuan.” She chuckled lightly, Mark stood up and picked up the box from the table.

“I want to. Am I free to barge into your office too?” He asked as he sat beside her. Saehee nodded and placed her legs across his lap. Mark leaned over to kiss her lips, he grinned before pulling back.

What’s that?” Saehee asked as she looked at the box, Mark smiled before taking her left hand, he unclasped her watch and opened the red box.

“Couple wristwatch? Again?” She mused as Mark put on the Cartier timepiece on her wrist.

“Good, I got your size right.” Mark murmured before letting go, Saehee grinned before sitting up then she put on the other pair on Mark’s left wrist.

I think bracelets would have been cheaper, or..shirts.” She suggested.

“But then again…it can’t be..” Saehee shuddered.

 

“Yes, Jackson.” Saehee rolled her eyes, Mark was speaking with the board of directors in the conference room, she decided to walk around the building.

Really? I mean, yeah, of course you can.” She smiled, she could feel some of the employees stare at her as she passed.

“I’m flying back tomorrow…Lauren? Of course. Ha. Ha. Ha. No, I know, I miss you too, Jackson. Yes, I’ll call you again later. Sheesh.” Saehee was smiling as she put the phone down and began to search for a restroom.

 

Saehee was inside one of the cubicles when she heard two females come in, to her surprise they were speaking in Korean.

“You heard too? I feel bad for her!”

“But look at our vice president’s girlfriend, she’s no match. Jung Saehee’s a complete career woman and she’s pretty, smart too.”

Saehee paused.

“I remember when rumors started, she even looked so happy back then. The vice president drove her to the hospital when her grandmother got sick, some even say that he drives her home. I even heard her seniors talking about snatching him away from miss Jung.”

Saehee blinked in confusion.

“That Lee Jaekyung’s just being delusional, but mister Tuan does seem nice to her. But, its strange, rumors don’t start if they aren’t baseless.”

“Hmm, right, right. Everyone in the building knows too, that she likes our vice president.”

 

Saehee heard the doors open and close, they were gone.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++