12

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

“I swear it’s like my fourth time here, and the only character I can read is your family name.” Saehee said, then she glanced around her.

“Oh, did I come at the wrong time?” She winced, Mark grinned before planting one arm around her waist.

Nope, perfect timing, as always.” Mark replied as he pulled her with him towards the doors.

“Mark this is a company party, you can’t just~”

“I can.” Mark replied, Saehee smiled.

So, how’s everything?” She asked as they walked to the lobby. Mark face lit up before pressing his lips on hers.

I’ve been wanting to do that ever since I saw you back there.

 

 

Jaekyung watched as Mark left with the girl, she looked away.

Who was she?

She never saw Mark smile that way.

“He left.” Namjoo walked to her.

“Sunbae, who~”

“Remember the photo on his desk?”

Jaekyung’s forehead creased, then her eyes lit up.

“Ah, the girl.”

“I just found out, that was Jung Saehee. President of Jung Corporation, current CEO of both Japan and Korea branch, best friend and girlfriend to our boss.”

Jaekyung paused and turned towards the doors.

“Maybe it’s not a good idea to be interested in him, Jae.” Namjoo offered.

Jaekyung just looked away.

 

I would give you a tour around, but I don’t feel like staying in the office.” Mark said as they walked.

Is there anything I can do for you though? You…look….well..stressed out.

Saehee rolled her eyes at him.

“I need a shower and a hot meal.” She said, Mark nodded and took her hand as they headed for he elevators.

“Vice president!”

Mark paused, Saehee followed his gaze, and she removed her sunglasses.

 

Jaekyung went with Namjoo in search for their boss. She finally saw Saehee’s face clearly, she was beautiful.

Her eyes went to their fingers, laced together.

“Sir about the event~”

“Tell them I had to leave.” Mark said. Jaekyung saw Saehee smile in amusement.

“But they will be asking questions, sir.”

“Then~”

“Tuan,” Saehee intervened, much to their surprise. Jaekyung watched as Saehee hooked her sunglasses on Mark’s pant pocket.

“Just go back there and politely excuse yourself.” She finished, Jaekyung looked at the two. Mark glanced at her and Namjoo.

Jaekyung knew her boss, the Mark Tuan doesn’t take orders from others.

“And I’ll take this.” Saehee tugged on his coat. Mark shrugged off the coat and wrapped it around her.

“Here, wait for me in the car.” Mark squeezed her hand before leaving.

Jaekyung felt herself look away.

“Namjoo and Jaekyung, right?” Saehee spoke to them. They both nodded.

“I’m Jung Saehee, Mark told me about you two.” She smiled.

“Nice to meet you, ma’am~”

“No, just call me Saehee, are you free tonight? Can I invite you for dinner? I would really like to thank you for helping Tuan adjust here.”

Tuan.

She called him Tuan.

Jaekyung could only nod numbly. Her boss was apparently dating a very charming woman and one of the top CEOs in the business world too.

“Then, I’ll see you later.” Saehee bowed politely before entering the elevator.

“Wow.” Namjoo said as the lady left.

“She’s a complete dream girl.” He mused before leaving Jaekyung.

 

 

Yes, she is.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++