Obliviate (II)

Under One Roof

Obliviate (II)


     "Is she gone?"

Suzy asked contemptuously as she painted her toenails on their honeymoon bed. Chanyeol glared at her and retreated to the single sofa infront of the balcony, staring at the night sky filled with stars. He had a million thoughts running through his head, and not a single one made sense to him. 

"Why does she keep popping up?" Suzy snorted. "Does she think she's on the same level as us?"

"Be quiet," Chanyeol snapped. "I'm trying to think."

"What is there to think about?"

"Everything's always so easy for you Bae Suzy," he glared at her. "Once everything goes your way, you no longer care about anything else."

"What," she scoffed. "Did you really think your father would let you date someone like her, let alone date her?"

"What's your point?"

"We're not them Chanyeol," she sighed in annoyance. "To us, to you, love is a luxury."

Chanyeol sat their silently as Suzy exited the room, leaving the toxic scent of nail polish hanging in the air. He wanted to deny so bad. He wanted to throw away this life that everyone else in the world was envious of. He never asked to be adopted into this household, and he never asked to have to bare the burden of the crown. He shed a single tear as he looked outside the window and saw a shooting star race across the sky. 

 

 

 

 

---

    Se-chan yawned and stretched his limbs, walking toward the mailbox. Although the twins had lived in luxury their entire lives, they didn't seem to hate the independent life that was given to them. Se-chan had a fascination about people going to check their mail in their boxes everyday. His entire life he had butlers bring him everything, even peeling the letters off for him. 

He flipped through the letters quickly, his eyes landing on a specific letter. 

"What is this?" he stared at the letter from Daesang, Chanyeol's soon-to-be company. He carefully ripped open the envelope and stared at the cover in silence. He perked up as the elevator dinged, watching as Jieun and Se-Jong walked out of the elevator together. He could tell she'd been crying all night; her eyes were so swollen she could barely keep them open. Se-chan stuffed the letter inside the pocket of his padding vest, smiling as Jieun walked past. 

"Morning," he laughed awkwardly. 

"Morning," she greeted back. 

"Didn't get enough sleep?" 

"Yeah,"" she rubbed her eyes. "Studying." she nodded awkwardly. 

Se-Jong stared at Se-chan's awkward acting and hurridly greeted Jieun off to school, sensing that something was not right. Se-chan's face stiffened as he slipped out the letter from his pocket and tossed it to Se-Jong, dismay growing on his face. 

"Let's celebrate the Mr. and Mrs. to be.. Join us for cocktails with the happy couple Park Chanyeol and Bae Suzy - what the hell is this?" Se-Jong blurted as he stared at the invitation in disbelief. He couldn't believe what he was reading. They had always believed that Chanyeol was a good person; always covered in silence. They had no idea why he would do such a thing, and they knew this wasn't him.

"It's probably Mr.Kim's doing," Se-chan muttered. 

"Now that i think about it, isn't the bachelor's party tonight?" Se-Jong scanned through the calendar on his phone and nodded. They didn't know what to say except to imagine the unimaginable pain that Jieun would have to bare if she found out. 

"Jieun," Se-chan grasped. 

"What?"

"There's no way Bae Suzy wouldn't invite her to the bacheleorette party." 

"Oh yeah," Se-Jong frowned. "That brat's been on the hunt to split her and Chanyeol ever since the day she first saw her."

"Why is everything so complicated with that ?" Se-chan seethed as the twins got on the elevator. They had to protect Jieun from this at least; they had grown so fond of her that she was like a sister to them, and they didn't want her to experience what Chanyeol would give her. 

 

     "Morning,"

A familiar voice echoed from behind. Jieun spun around and saw Myungsoo dressed in his school uniform, walking toward the bus station. It was strange; rather unfamiliar to see him waiting under the bus station. He suited a lamborghini better than the public transport, and she almost felt sorry for him being under such a shabby station. 

"What are you doing here..?" she asked in surprise. 

"I thought hard last night," he smiled. "I realized during my years of schooling, i've never ridden a bus before." 

"Well it's about time," she snorted. 

"Did you cry?" he looked at her eyes and sighed. 

"A little," she chuckled. "I'm.. really a fool."

Myungsoo stayed silent, watching her speak in sullen sadness. 

"I.. don't know what i was thinking," she nodded. "He's the tycoon and i'm the pauper. It was foolish of me to think that i could have such a person by my side. Suzy suits him better " 

She sniffled and laughed it over, refusing to show any more tears. She was sick of crying, and crying over the same thing made her heart weak. She wanted to forget nice and clean, and just move on.

"The bus is here," Myungsoo grabbed her hand and jumped on the bus, rushing to the back seat. 

The two sat by the edge and watched as people took their seats infront of them, one by one. Myungsoo watched in fascination as the doors closed on its own, and the bus driver stepped on the pedal. He was like a small child who had been to the zoo for the first time. He was on the edge of his seat, looking through the window behind him as the other cars lined and drove behind the bus. 

"It really is your first time," Jieun said, slightly embarrassed as she noticed the bus driver staring at the two strangely. "Be quiet and sit down." Jieun pushed him down onto his seat and untangled her earphones, plugging one into his left ear. 

 

Lullaby - Mint Boy

     "Music is a must when you ride the bus," she played the song and held the phone tightly in her hand as she looked outside the window. Myungsoo stared at the side of her face, looking through all of the sadness engraved in her face. She looked so beautiful, especially with the way the sun shone down on her milky skin.

But then to Myungsoo, when was Jieun never beautiful?

He hated to see her cry. 

He felt so useless just standing there, not being able to do anything for her because the person who caused her tears was his very brother to whom he was not even blood related. 

Why couldn't they have been strangers?

Then he could hate Chanyeol with all his heart, but he couldn't.

Because in the deep core of his heart, Chanyeol was still his brother.

 

Listen to this song

Even though we are not beside each other,

know that my heart is always with you

Listen to this song

and have a good night's sleep

 

"What song is this-"

Myungsoo halted as Jieun leaned on his shoulder, quietly sleeping. 

Her head was so light, and he loved the small warmth of her head that traveled through his shoulder. 

These little moments reminded him how much he loved this person, and how much he never wanted to let go. 

The bus pulled up infront of Jieun's school.

Myungsoo sighed as he gently woke Jieun.

It didn't matter, because he would see her again. 

"Jieun," he whispered. "We're here."

She jumped up and grabbed her backpack, about to get off. 

"I'll pick you up after school today," he called out. "Do you have plans?"

"I.." she hesitated. "I'll see you after school."

She smiled and rushed off the bus, jumping inside the gate moments before it closed. 

 

---

     The bell rang, marking the end of school. 

The classroom was always empty after school since the college entrance exams were over, and no one bothered to stay for self-study sessions. Jieun sighed and bit her lips, staring at the text that was delivered to her yesterday, after the confrontation. 

 

From: 010-2797-5588

 

Hello Lee Jieun.

As you can see, I'm Suzy.

If you haven't noticed already, Chanyeol and I are engaged.

Tomorrow is our one year anniversary and I'd like you to come out to my bacheleorette party. 

It's the least you could do for Chanyeol, right?

Oh, don't feel too bad about me. I know he's your ex-boyfriend, but he's my fiancee' now. 

The party is going to be at Club Luge. 

You can figure out the address on your own, right?

Then i'll see you at 7PM. 

 

     She knew exactly what Suzy's motive was, and she had trapped her completely. She knew Myungsoo would never let her attend such an event, but what could she do? Not attending would make things worse, and she was sure of it. She looked outside the window and saw Myungsoo waiting outside the gate, winning the glances of girls as they walked out the gate. She smiled weakly and made her way downstairs, toward Myungsoo. 

"Why did you come out so late?"

Myungsoo smiled as he took her hand and the two walked slowly. 

"Do you need to go somewhere?" he asked. 

"Actually," Jieun hesitated. "I think I should go on my own."

"No, I brought my car. I can take you."

"No really, I should go on my own. I don't want to trouble you and-"

"You're going to the Bacheleorette party aren't you."

Jieun bit her lips. 

"You're not going," Myungsoo said sternly. "Are you in your right state of mind? After all you've been through yesterday you want to go to that place and bruise yourself even more? I'm not letting that happen to you."

"I know," she sighed. "But if I don't go, do you think that will make things better? It will make things worse."

"How? Nothing's going to happen if you don't go-"

"It's the last thing I can do before I forget him."

The two grew silent. 

"Are you sure?" 

She nodded silently.

"Lee Jieun," he grumbled. "You are so stubborn. Get in."

He opened the door of his car and watched as she got in silently. 

"The address is club-"

"Club luge."

"How did you know?"

"More like how did you not know? She's going to be my sister-in-law, I'm forced to know about her where-abouts."

 

  Myungsoo pulled up infront of Itaewon and looked at Jieun. She was dressed in her school uniform, with nothing but a backpack clutched in her arms. He knew how much Suzy had planned for this, but it was too late now. 

"You should wear a dress at least," he said awkwardly. "You know.. it's a formal event."

"I don't even have a dress."

"Let's go buy one before-"

"Myungsoo," she caught his attention. "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine." 

"I'll be right outside. Come out right away if something's wrong."

He watched as she slung her backpack on her shoulder and entered the club. 

     Jieun stared at the surroundings, holding her nose at the stench of alcohol. There were women grinding on men in the corner, and some even making out by the walls. She didn't know how someone could possibly have a bacheleorette party at such a place as this.

"We don't accept underage people."

The guy at the counter refused as he stared at Jieun, chewing his gum. 

"I'm.. under the reservation of Bae Suzy."

The guy blinked twice and snorted. 

"We've had twenty people say that today," he sniggered. "nice try. come back when you're older."

"It's okay," Suzy appeared from the side. "She's my guest." 

The guy watched as Jieun followed Suzy through the curtain, into the crazy dancing floor and up to the second floor. The distant music boomed in the background, slurred with the jazz music played by the musicians near their room. 

Suzy swung open the door to reveal a bunch of girls sitting around the couch, glasses of alcohol in their hands.

"Make yourself comfortable," Suzy offered as she sat at the edge of the table and watched Jieun awkwardly sit by the corner. 

"Who's that?" Suzy's friend asked as she gave Jieun a dirty look. 

The girls whispered at Jieun's school look attire to her tacky appeareance.

"She's that I told you about," Suzy one-shotted a glass of vodka. 

"That's the legendary Lee Jieun?" the girl sniggered as she passed the message to the other girls. 

 

"Ahem," 

Suzy tapped a spoon against the wine cup and smiled. 

"Thank you all for making time for my bacheleorette party." She bowed down as the other girls cheered in unison and drank more alcohol. Jieun watched, ridiculed how much Suzy changed when she was infront of other people. 

The lights were dimmed as a powerpoint presentation began to play in the background, showing pictures of Suzy and Chanyeol together. Suzy giggled and continued on with her speech. 

"Today is the one year anniversary of my engagement with Park Chanyeol, and I've chosen our anniversary to have my bachelorette party. Many people say that we were forced to go through this engagement. But I'm proud to say that that's a misunderstanding."

Suzy glared at Jieun as she spoke.

"Chanyeol truly loves me, and I'm so grateful for such a prince in my life."

Jieun looked down at her knees, feeling uncomfortable. She stared at the pictures in the background of her and Chanyeol together, so in love. She didn't want to believe any of this, but she had to admit it whether she wanted to or not. She felt her eyes get hot but she couldn't let herself break down.

"Jieun," Suzy called. 

"Yes..?"

"Come here. I'll pour you the first glass." 

Suzy brought a bottle of vodka and walked toward Jieun, taking a seat beside her. She watched as Suzy filled the glass with that strong shot of vodka and offered it to Jieun. She wanted to pour the lot onto Suzy's face and leave the room, but she knew she would drink that glass. 

"Come on," Suzy rushed. 

"I.. can't drink."

"Yes you can," Suzy grit her teeth as she forced the vodka through and made sure she swallowed it. Jieun coughed in pain and glared at Suzy who smiled at her contemptuously. Her head was already starting to feel dizzy and she wanted to get out of this place so bad. 

She stood up and headed towards the door, tripping on the table and falling on the floor with a bunch of vodka bottles. She opened her eyes and saw her hands bleeding. There was a large piece of glass sticking out from her hand, blood mixed with alcohol. 

"Oh no," Suzy gasped. "Did you fall over? Let me help you there!"

Suzy walked over and helped Jieun up to her knees and pushed her toward the glass bits, her knees landing directly on it. Jieun screamed as she watched her knee bleed relentlessly. There were bits of glass stuck all around her legs, all cut and bruised. 

She watched as the other girls laughed. 

"Oop," Suzy raised her hands. "my hands slipped."

 

"Bae Suzy," Jieun seethed. "Is this why you brought me here?"

She knelt down and stared down at her shabby appeareance. 

"Now you realize?" she muttered. "You're nothing but a stain to Chanyeol. Did you really think that you could have him? Or, were you just trying to marry into the family so you could become one of those ty trophy wives?"

"What did you say?"

"If you're stupid, at least have the decency to listen properly." Suzy poked Jieun's head and stood up. 

"Let's go and dance guys," Suzy whistled as the other girls followed behind her. 

Jieun looked down at her hands and her legs, hissing in pain. She could barely stand up, for the glass bits stuck in her skin caused her too much pain when she moved a single muscle. She was expecting this, it was no surprise. 

 

Suddenly, the door burst open.

Jieun looked up to see Chanyeol staring down at her, then at her bleeding limbs. 

 

 

 


Hello everyone ^^

Some people ask "is Myungsoo going to end up with Jieun now??" and all those questions. 

Please don't worry and sit back, because i already have the entire story plot settled and this is part of it. I know it can sound a little confusing because i admit that i am not a very good writer and my writing can sometimes confuse people and i can't write just like i think in my head. I started this story for fun and I really appreciate the fact that you guys are reading and leaving comments for me. I started this story because writing about my favorite kpop idols was the only way I could relieve my stress, and you guys make me feel really better. I am having a hard time with studies and preparing for University right now so it means alot. :) and for the story,I am not going to spoil the story for anyone so yeah.. read until the end~