The Line

Under One Roof

The Line


 "What took you so long?" Se-chan asked, still chatting with Se-Jong who had now joined them at the table. Jieun shrugged and looked down at the table. She looked as if she could burst into tears any moment. She bit her lips and heaved a large sigh, looking up with glistening eyes. The boys stared at her and immediately knew that something was wrong, but nobody bothered to touch on the subject.

 Everyone made their way toward their dormitories, and the whole place was nearly deserted. "Jieun-" Myungsoo called, but Jieun disappeared through the dark cracks of the camp. Jieun's footsteps grew heavier as she walked through the darkness. She couldn't see a single thing, except for the streetlights that were shining in the far distance. She needed to find that pendent, and she wasn't going to return without it. 

"-" Jieun stumbled over a small rock. Jieun looked back, but the only thing that welcomed her eyes were more darkness. 

 She soon arrived at the village she cleaned up earlier on the day. The lamp hung on the side door was guttering, and she could still hear lecherous moans of middle aged men travel in the distance. She knelt down and began tapping all around the floor, trying to find the pendant. She could hardly see , and the guttering lights certainly weren't helping her. She swept her hands all over the dirt.

"Ouch," Jieun grasped her finger. She slit her index finger against a piece of glass. She watched as the blood dripped down her fingers, but she had no time to worry about herself. She bit her lips as the dirt smudged into .

She flinched. 

The door slid open drastically and out fell an old man, drunk and ually parched. fear overtook her body as she sat there, frozen. The man zipped up his pants and tried to force his way back inside the room, kicked out by the young woman who seemed to be a e. The man grumbled and spat on the floor, struggling to help himself up. He looked to the side and saw Jieun, who was too afraid to utter even a single word, let alone scream.

"Well Hello there," the man moaned lecherously and slowly crawled over to Jieun, who backed away with all her strength. She was on the floor, unable to stand up. She backed up against a wall and hyperventilated as the man approached her and tried to touch her body. The pungent stench of alcohol pierced her nose as she tried to push the man off her, but he was at least twice her size.

"Get off me.." She shuddered and tried to escape, but he didn't budge. She shrilled as she watched the man his lips sporadically and placed his hand on her clavicle. Jieun closed her eyes and bit her lips, knowing that this would probably be the last day of her life. 

But surprisingly, it didn't hurt.

Jieun opened her eyes and saw the man half beaten to death with blood all over his face. She gasped as Myungsoo appeared out of nowhere, climbling on the top of the man and punching his face peremptorily, until he completely passed out. He breathed heavily and rushed over to Jieun, slapping her face lightly. Her eyes were glued to the man glazed with blood. A single tear slid down her eyes that never showed a single blink.

 

Love and Longing - My Sassy Girl Instrumental OST

 

"Sorry, i came too late." Myungsoo took off his jacket and wrapped it over her, zipping it all the way upto her neck. He carried her on her back and walked out of the village slowly. There were so many things that Myungsoo wanted to scold her for, but the way she sobbed silently on his shoulder silenced him. It pained him to see her always crying. It angered him, because he knew that it was Chanyeol who put tears to her beautiful eyes and managed to get away with it. He looked at her finger laying gently over his neck and saw the dry blood smudged with dirt. 

"You fool," he finally managed to utter a word. "Why did you go there?"

"I left something," she sniffled. "It's something that i need to find."

"Even if you lost something, you should have told me and and i could have gone instead-" Myungsoo blurted in frustration. The silence overcame him once more. He felt her weak breath and closed his mouth once more. "No girl should have to go through such thing."

"I wanted to find it myself. It was something i lost, so i want to find it myself."

"Jieun," he said. "If something's troubling you, i wish that in the future.. you would tell me."

"I don't want to trouble you with my problems."

"If you don't tell me, that troubles me even more."

Jieun was silent.

"Even during my sleep, i feel uneasy because who knows what could happen to you whilst i am not there? You could have died earlier. The thought of you in danger makes my hair crawl at night and gives me nightmares. So.. if you don't want to trouble me, please tell me."

"If i were to tell you, you wouldn't be able to handle it. There are so many secrets that i must keep to myself that if i were to tell you, i wouldn't know where to begin."

"You're keeping secrets from me?" 

"It's.." Jieun bent down to his ears. "A secret that cannot be told." 

 The both of them laughed as they arrived at the frontier separating the medical office and the base camp. Myungsoo pushed open the door with his feet and called the nurses as he sat her down on a roller bed and examined her bruises carefully. He tucked her loose hair behind her ear and watched her silently the nurse examined her face. She dabbed her face with cotton balls soaked in antiseptic acid and watched her blandly as Jieun hissed at the stinging pain.

"If possible, you should sit out on tomorrow's activities." The nurse said effortlessly and joined the other nurses who were busy playing a multiplayer game on their mobile phones with hair curlers on their bangs. Jieun cringed as she tried to touch the stinging area; if there was anything she hated more it was stinging pain on her face. She bit her cracked lips and looked around the deserted room with a shrug.

 "I'll get you something to drink," Myungsoo excused himself and rushed out of the door. 

 

"Noona, do you have any more of this stuff?" a familiar voice popped out from the storage room. Jieun watched as Chanyeol lurked around the nurses with an alcohol bottle in his hand.  Jieun watched as he pulled the cap off and absorbed the liquid as if it was water. She wasn't traumazied no more; she was used to it. Chanyeol looked to the side and dropped his bottle, letting the liquid spill out.

"J..ieun?"

With a dull face, she stared at the alcohol bottle then upto his face. He cleared his throat awkwardly and wiped the alcohol off his lips. Angered, Jieun jumped off her seat and snatched the alcohol bottle from the floor, pulling Chanyeol out of the nurses office. He let himself be dragged, watching her tiny entity pull her into the darkness. She pushed him against the wall and smashed the bottle right beside him.

"What's wrong with you?" Jieun demanded an answer.

No response.

"How could an underage person be sneaking out alcohol during the night?!"

No response.

"Park Chanyeol, are you really going to be like this?"

"Your face.." his expression softened as he reached to touch her face. She stepped back and avoided his touch. Chanyeol sighed and let his hand drop hopelessly. "Who did this to you Jieun..?" His voice hummed. She could see him grow weaker, but she didn't care. She needed to point out what was right.

"I told you that you should have never given me your pendent Chanyeol." 

"W..hat?"

"I told you, i'm not good enough to have such a thing."

"Wait," he grabbed her wrist.

"I'm tired Chanyeol," Jieun shook off his hand but he didn't budge. She shot a lazer stare at him but he looked down at her, demanding to find out what really happened. But she knew that telling him wasn't really going to change anything either way.

"She said she's tired." A hand cut off their tie and hid Jieun behind the build that was Myungsoo. Chanyeol scoffed and pushed Myungsoo aside, trying to grab Jieun once more. "I said stop." Myungsoo pushed him away and his back thumped the wall. He breathed out lightly and mad a fist, trying to hold his anger as he noticed Jieun staring directly at his actions. Chanyeol rubbed his neck lightly and blew air into his bangs.

"We were talking." he blinked twice.

"Really?" Myungsoo eyed Jieun. "You call this talking?" he held up her wrist, bright red from Chanyeol's tight grip. 

"Park Chanyeol, do you know how much Jieun had to go through because of you?" 

"W..hat?"

"I've been watching all this time, do you think i hadn't noticed that you would fire up at her for losing your pendent? Jieun went through what no girl should ever go through, just to look for your Goddamn pendent at this time of the night. " He exposed her face to him and frowned with a destitute sigh. Lost for words, Chanyeol could do nothing but only stare at Jieun's bruise stained face with a gape.

"Jieun," he stuttered. "You didn't have to-"

"How could she not?" Myungsoo stepped up. "How could she not, when you placed such a big burden on her when from the start, she refused?" 

Chanyeol was silent.

"Park Chanyeol, you know what i think?"

"I don't care what you think."

"Every single time, Jieun is always getting hurt because of you. and every single time, the one who saves her is me." 

Chanyeol stared into space, his vision blurred by his invisible tears. 

"For Jieun's sake, i say this for the last time."

He entwined his fingers with hers, right before Chanyeol.

 

"Don't cross the line."

 

Chanyeol watched as the two walked away, his girl in the arms of another person.

And that person had to be his brother.

 


Sorry I haven't been updating recently.. my studies were getting kind of hard and i had alot of homework the past few weeks so please bare with me. Well, i can tell you guys that this story is already halfway done ^^, i am planning what will happen at the end and i'm sure everyone will have mixed emotions...lol 

If you liked this chapter, please leave a comment and/or upvote!

wow.. Xiumin got abs....